I told ya'll the Paladin cards would be garbage

No one believed me.

How about now?

It’s obvious hearthstone devs have their pet favorites in full force.

8 mana summon 7 murlocs from the half of your deck remaining by turn 8.

Omg. Wow. So Op epic.

Meanwhile Shamaan, Mage, and Warrior got amazing cards that have plenty of support.

Way too obvious why. :joy:

1 Like

This is an idiotic belief. There is ZERO reason for a team of developers to have favorites.

Some classes are harder to balance, but to suggest they play darts with a picture of Uther on the wall or some other class is complete nonsense.

2 Likes

The warrior cards have not been any better than the paladin cards.

The main problem with paladin cards is, none of them seem to support any existing deck, or each other in any meaningful way.

There will probably be a good paladin deck though.

Shaman definitely got some good stuff

Agree.

On the other hand they have pushed half baked themes for paladin and then instead of providing some support, they scrapped it and invented a whole new theme and it looks like they are happy doing that over and over again.

So while I do not think they hate paladin, I think they have no bloody idea what they want to do with a certain classes. Which is kinda sad when they are responsible for a content in a game…

4 Likes

First of all is 8 mana SUMMON 7 murlocs which is powerfull as effect.
Secondly in wild you have anyfin can happen paladin whos gonna have a party.

3 Likes

Ohh.
They are playing darts.
But they use those darts to make “design decisions”.
I see no design space used in Paladin, right now.
Mage, Warrior, Shaman, Hunter and Rogue, even after the nerfs, look great.

4 Likes

That new cards don’t slot right into existing good decks should be considered a good thing. Paladin already has several popular archetypes, with Mech paladin being one of the better decks right now. Giving the class tools to go in another direction is how we keep from having everything feel the same each expansion.

1 Like

Paladin does have a lot of themes going that can be hard to put together in a game where you are limited to 30 cards.

Weapon damage, healing, buffs, minion swarms

I think the class would work better if blizzard gave paladins a spell to give all minions health, higher attack weapons, and a few lifesteal minions

If you think the devs dislike Paladin, you haven’t been paying attention to wild for several expansions now.

Odd Paladin has been the top deck for a long time now.

3 Likes

Odd decks, especially Odd Paladin, are just overglorified buttons.

That deck is not a good example.
And a well-known mistake by the devs.

1 Like

No one believed you because your logic and timing was terrible, not because the statement itself was outlandish. At the time of your original post, a vast majority of Paladin’s cards (including all of their Legendaries and epics) hadn’t yet been spoiled, making any assessment of their power level pretty untrustworthy. Even now, there are still cards that have yet to be spoiled that can support any of those previously shown.

The new Murloc spell also very much has its potential uses, particularly in Wild where Anyfin can Happen would gladly receive it. Even in Standard, people are starting to talk about using this alongside things like Nomi.

Just because you aren’t getting your beloved Control tools doesn’t mean Paladin will be garbage.

LOL. Mage has literally had three cards spoiled, one of which is Puzzle Box (random spells.archetype has never been good), Reno (which is likely going to be mediocre unless the fifth Highlander support card makes Reno Mage worth it), and the quest (which, while not bad, is random and likely far from the best quest in the set). Hardly “amazing” cards.

1 Like

Do you seriously believe Blizzard has favorite classes and supports those because of that alone?
How old are you? 12? :smiley:

Mate, it’s all about revenue, advertisment and looks - they don’t care the slightest which class is the strongest at any given time. Their job is to give us the illusion of balance while (at the same time) creating 405 cards each year.

1 Like

Wanting more than two fully realised archetypes is now reduced to ignorance/entitlement.

Have you tried out Paladin?
As in, all its supposed archetypes?
I have. And I spent far too much time trying to make them work.

Singleton/Reno Paladin cannot keep up with other Reno decks.
They win in value and defensive tools.
Dragon Paladin is not looking much better.

If having standards is bad, then so be it.

But the devs’ lack of competence shows. Again.
Even if the last few cards change something, I can assure you.
It won’t be much.

1 Like

In Standard I don’t see this at all but… in Wild… this is a good card that will probably push Anyfin OTK Paladin up 1 tier slot. OTK decks love redundancy.

Mage’s cards have been lackluster so far in this expansion

Shaman and Paladin have had about the same amount of time of “useless” in this game’s history so you stating that Shaman is a favorite is a bit laughable tbh. I’m not going to debate that Shaman hasn’t had the best “Year of the Dragon” thus far it appears but the class, in its history, is average overall in power rankings. Fourth or Fifth and Paladin is probably Fifth or Sixth. Both Paladin and Shaman share the same general issue… a relatively mediocre core set.

Shaman has actual archetypes.
And plenty to work with.

I just generally question the “wisdom” of those who are responsible for shaping the game.

Right now yes… historically… Shaman has been a mess at times. I mean in this in all honesty Freeze Shaman was probably the most half-baked idea in the history of HS.

Prior to an overpowered Angler, Murloc Shaman was never good and literally Paladin had always the better Murloc deck.

Shaman prior to LoE was… mediocre to bad.

Evolve Shaman worked for about 1 expansion before it went away because the core idea wasn’t great for a class that lacks card draw

Granted, right now it appears the devs have a better idea for Shaman but just like with Paladin, Priest, and Druid (now) the four classes rely so heavily on expansion cards that every year feels like fingers-crossed and hoping.

Mage gets to dominate games with zero counterplay.
Paladin doesn’t even get playable cards.

The circle of Blizzard continues.

2 Likes

Because this expansion heavily supports Wild decks, and because that is the only format I play, I focus on Wild.
And things look far worse there.
Far, far worse.

Paladin only has the DK to fish for a wincondition.
Odd Paladin should never have existed.
And that’s it.

2 Likes

Freeze shaman kinda came on my mind. I wonder if they are trying to find some way to make a solid archetype. So maybe after that uber fail where they have fcked up paladin and especially priest, they would release some nice synergy and cards like they did after that freeze shaman crap.

I guess there is still hope these classes might be playable at the end of the year or at the start of the new one.

Ohhh… yeah if we want to talk Wild there is no competition.

Shaman has 4-5 decks and is arguably the best class and Paladin has two. Granted, I think this card helps Murloc OTK in Wild some but… yeah… they’re not close at all, heh