I really hate the direction Blizzard has taken priest

I personally really don’t like the way Blizzard has changed Priest into a class which is almost exclusively reactive. The class is just filled with board clears to the point where its not even fun because whenever you make a board it just gets removed.

I just miss the days when priest used to actually create boards and then use their removals as a way to maintain their strength on board instead of just exclusively reacting to the what your opponent plays every turn and then just dragging the game out longer since blizzard removed every form of direct damage priest has so they can’t even pressure the opponent with face damage. Also they have limited priests card draw so much that they can’t even make midrange decks any more so what even is the point of the buff cards that priest has if they can’t even draw them.

Now i like that priest is there as a class to control these frankly silly aggro/face decks like DH and Hunter which are running rampant in this meta but i just feel the class just feels so boring to play and play against now because whenever you play priest it just becomes a game of reacting to your opponent. And this isn’t even in aggro match ups, in priest mirrors there is no pro activity and the game literally just comes down to who can RNG more reliquary primes into their deck to win fatigue.

I honestly feel the only proactive tool the priest has is buffs because this a tool the priest has to fight over the board with its own minions which is what the best games of hearthstone are like. Not constantly going face and not constantly removing the board every turn its should be using minions and spells to fight over board control

This is just my opinion please keep the discussion constructive.

9 Likes

Having not played constructed in a long time priest was always my favorite, I goto add the staple cards, priest has no draw now ? o.O

It confuses me as to why they though draw was problematic?

Combo Priest. Drawing so much that you could actually potentially kill yourself.

One of the things that I think has hurt Priest is that there aren’t really good battlecry or deathrattle minions that let them build a board.

There’s no 0 cost spell to trigger a deathrattle so that dragon that explodes is pretty useless.

Their board clears are pretty reasonable at the moment, though? In the past we had nonsense like Psychic Scream, Mass Hysteria, Dragonfire Potion, Lightbomb, etc. Plague of death is finally a reasonable price for silence+sweep. Soul Mirror is at least legendary.

News flash!! priest has always been boring to play againts so no change there and being a reactive class is not super bad and actually as you mentioned, fills a needed spot in the game to keep in check aggro.

1 Like

I lost 5 games in a roll playing priest. It can be bad too.

I actually really liked playing against combo priest last year.

1 Like

It’s the only class that makes me feel like I lost even when I won. Just meh…

On the plus side though. I saw 3 Shammies today! Poor things.

2 Likes

i won 30 games in a row, as priest

I hate priest. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

3 Likes

Playing Pure Paladin has gone surprisingly well against Priest lately.

Just make awkward early game threats and leave only poor Apotheosis opportunities. Usually nothing much happens until midgame, but a Crusader or Liadrin reload is usually enough resources to stay ahead of them. Eventually their bs just runs out and they fall over; they have no draw and only so much removal for medium-big stuff.

Angling Rod is surprisingly clutch here; allows no Sethek greed plays and gives you crap to soak up early removal without falling behind early.

2 Likes

It’s really not a new direction.

2 Likes

weird you dont hate mage

mage games can be as long as priests

“I miss the days when Priest was bad and I really didn’t have to adjust my deck to win against them. It was only a matter of luck and RNG that made Priest games a loss.”

“I also hated Priests back then too, so this thread really doesn’t mean anything.”

I imagine there is one person at Activision-Blizzard that feels dread during the long walk to the board meeting, because they worry that this might be the day that the truth must be told, that the silenced fans were correct, that Priest is why 90% of players went away.

I don’t like Standard mage. I refuse to play Highlander and I haven’t been shy about saying so elsewhere on this forum.
I would love to see Mage return to a less RNG dependent style of play as well as a faster one. (Edited for the nitpickers)

ehh you ve been repeating you like mage and its the only class you want to play for months

Mage is the only class I play. But; I play in wild where tempo is still possible.
You just want to argue with someone. It ain’t me. Scamper along and find someone else to indulge your fetish with.

seems seems you were arguing with someone on another thread
because since im not
the only explanation i find for that reaction
is you lost track on which thread you were answering to!

No. I meant my reply for you. I replied to you even though you abandoned the topic and chose to single me out, suggesting that I haven’t been consistent. Questioning my answers
as though you are the cross examiner in some imaginary trial.
But; since you love splitting hairs so much, I will edit my answer to say that I dislike standard mage as much as I do Priest.
I hope you get back on message. Your day must be really boring when you cannot find something more constructive to do than attempt to pick arguments with others as opposed to offering anything of substance on the topic.