I have all mercs, can I hold "The Last Guardian" quest?

Hi everyone! Thanks in advance for any insight.

I have every single mercenaries card, and “The Last Guardian: Task 11” is just sitting in my campfire. This quest rewards a random legendary mercenary.

Would I be able to hold onto this quest until more legendary mercenaries are released?

Thanks again!

So… am I to assume that the reward here is definitely a legendary portrait, rather than an actual card?

I’m still holding onto the quest and I just want to make sure :slight_smile:

Thanks!

It’s been stated rather clearly, hasn’t it?

Of course, if you still miss some legendary mercs and the quest reward rolls for them, you might get a base portrait in such cases (I think there’ve been some reports of that in the references or somewhere else), although the odds for it are quite low if you own most of them.

It’s been a while, and so far we haven’t been communicated ‘officially’ about the matter, whether there is an issue and so on. Your assumption of what to expect in the future is as good as mine.

If you’re interested in my reasoning and the choice I’ve made about these story quests, more about it: Legendary merc reward: why it had to be Jaraxxus? .

Thanks, SparkyElf

I was thinking I might be able to hold onto the quest until more legendaries are released, so I could get a free one in the future. But I guess there’s no point in doing that.

Glad I’ve been able to help!

It’s a matter of choice, so I can’t say there’s a ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ one here, but it’s important to take all the circumstances into consideration before making it — alas, the description is still very misleading, so I hope people are aware of what’s going on before they decide.

I suppose putting off some bounties might also be frustrating, since one foregoes content that could otherwise be played in the meantime — there’s also that.