How to win ranked mode 95% of the time

Feeling kinda silly for not thinking of this sooner. After 9 years that this game has been around this had never occurred to me. How do you get 95% win rate you ask?

Well just know what type of deck your next opponent will play. AoE mage don’t use your zerg deck. Reno/dupicates? Add duplicates to their deck.

This being said this is why I don’t believe anyone “honestly” (you know without cheating) makes it to Legend rank. There doesn’t seem to be any deck that is guarenteed to win more than 60% of the time at best and that’s so close to win 1, lose 1, win 1, lose 1 that I don’t know how the hell you’d get to Platinum 10 without literally playing 12 hours a day.

1 Like

The answer is very simple.
It’s not the deck that reaches a 60% winratio, it’s the player.
If my (rl) top 500 friend watches me, he points out serious misstakes I make in almost every second game.
Yet I am a frequently legend, usually around 10k-2k.
Now imagine how many misstakes my opponents do in each game, or how grave the misstakes of platinum ppl are.

You just dont notice them…
I quite often see what I did wrong, but those misstakes my friend notices is stuff I dont see. There is a reason why he is top 500 always.

About time investment, well your first climb can take ages but once you are at your true mmr it is super easy, easier then any other game I’ve ever played in 20+ years.
My avg time investment is probably between 1-2 hours and I am never below d5 since years.

4 Likes

This would be OK if the game would be balanced… But it is not… I am usually reaching D5 in 7 days with my own made decks (because thats the only way I can enjoy the game and feel my success for my own) but after that… the forced 50% lose rate comes and makes me stop for weeks… But realized that every month I can get a little bit higher than before… until a mini set or new expansions, nerf comes (which effects my deck seriously) and ruins everything… thats the reason why I couldn’t hit Legendary yet… I always try to learn from my mistakes but can’t play 12/24 hours a day… I have a life… :\ This month I needed 10 days for D5 because of Yoggi… But when will I arrived to D1 again… have no idea… :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha well I know that feeling, I love to play my own decks or at least my own versions up until d5.
Then the game gets rly unfriendly towards non meta decks.
So for a legend climb I need a meta deck that I can enjoy.

About that forced 50%, that probably lays in the nature of 1on1 games. One guy wins, one loses, the result is a 50% win chance on avg.
Unless you are way below your skill lvl or face ppl who got luckily above theirs.

So, this is a troll post, I take it

1 Like

Hmm, I would say after you exhaust your bonus stars amount, the game become really unfriendly. :smiley:

1 Like

‘game is rigged’ posts have reached another level.

2 Likes

maybe you forget, but there is a bonus for a win streak, so if you can get to win 3 lose 3 you will eventually rank up while still at 50% … so anything above 50% you will eventually rank up … whether you can do that up to legend in a month’s time is a different question

1 Like

You have win streak bonus only until D5… after that… there are no such things. You know that, right? And that is the most unfair thing if the MM can match you with Legendaries too after that rank… mainly if they still have bonus star and the RNG favors them because of that. (Ppl say that, but I am not sure because not adding opponents to friend list usually.)

i haven’t really played for rank since barnes spell hunter existed and came 1 game away from legend … i really don’t remember how it was then and wouldn’t know if it was different currently … idk what you mean by rng favors them

Even if you win only 50%, you still have a good chance of getting win streaks. Win streaks get you up the ladder faster than losing streaks, because of the stars system.

If you assume most likely is win 1, lose 1, win 1 etc, then you don’t know anything about chance and statistics.

Also if you’ve hit legend last month, you’re gonna go up much faster than someone who stayed in bronze or silver.

2 Likes

Except…sometimes mistakes are not mistakes. It almost always “depends” on what your opponent has or doesn’t have, and at what time they have or don’t have something. What your friend is doing is giving you his opinion based on his own matches. Don’t blindly follow what others say just because they are an “authority”, for they are often flat wrong, or if right, then may only be right because they called a coin flip correctly.

2 Likes

well, i think that then becomes the argument between a mistake based on statistics and likelihood vs. a mistake based on the actual game state as if you had full knowledge … and some people just have a better understanding or feel of those statistical states and where is more likely and what will be a mistake in those instances … that doesn’t prevent “bad beats” from occurring that seem to disprove them

2 Likes

This game is NOT balanced. It favors control as a replication of the control the Hearthstone Makers have over their player base. It was never close to 50%. Control is better because when a “zerg” deck is played, people just tone down their infinite generation a bit to counter all that “zerg” stuff.

1 Like

This nonsense is not useful.

The current meta seems to favor aggro over all else.

1 Like

While this is true, the percentage is 1% or less. Just look at the recent coin flip study that came out.

Either way, the game is imbalanced.

i’m not sure what you are trying to say with this … if the players in hearthstone don’t have full game knowledge, how does the starting position of a coin make a difference? neither player knows the “starting position” of each others deck, nor even the specific deck they are playing, there are so many levels of guesswork involved … they may have a very good clue based on meta reports, current experience, and/or good intuition based on knowledge of the current set … but how do the physics of a 1% coin toss bias make any analogical sense to this subject or the idea that some people are better at identifying mistakes based on a bunch of assumed probabilities?

1 Like

That being better than 50% aka yes or no play or don’t play win or lose, is not within a player’s (or coin flipper) control.

Or, it is, but only by ~1%, which is arguably insignificant

This. I know I could do better if my opponents just didn’t get lucky or I didn’t get unlucky in what cards we draw from our deck. I’ve always felt (and am not a pro player at all), but that with a deck of 30 you put 7+/- 5 cost or higher cards in your deck. Then once in a while the game will give me 5, 8, 9 to start so I throw those back just to get the 6, 10, and a 3 that I had in there as well. Great! First 2 turns if I don’t draw something I have nothing. And now my opponent is going zerg. Wonderful! So I lose, mistakes or not.

1 Like