How to fix hearthstone disconnecting/lagging when your internet works everywhere else

Hello everyone, I am happy to bring you a solution to a problem where hearthstone is nearly unplayable due to disconnects and lag. Basically you queue an attack and it takes seconds to register, none of your cards will be highlighted green for a long time after an action, or you just spend the whole game disconnecting and reconnecting. I think this is due to the firewall, which I couldn’t turn off on one computer I used. If you have admin you can disable your windows firewall or else specifically allow hearthstone to bypass it. If you don’t have admin, & what I think is a better solution is extremely simple and effective: all you do is go into hearthstone game settings from the Battle net client, go to general, scroll to the bottom and under advanced settings you uncheck the “use browser hardware acceleration when available” box. That’s it, it works perfectly now where as before it was unplayable. I really hope this helps someone because I was losing my mind disconnecting from high legend games when I know the internet here is perfectly fine. I tried everything. I think this box is checked by default, & I’m not exactly sure what the benefit is, but I think maybe blizzard should consider leaving it unchecked by default.

3 Likes