How to complete apprenticeship - Please help

I can’t seem to be able to play any of my decks as it says I need to complete the apprenticeship. How, where, do I do this…

1 Like

I’m having the same problem.
I can’t play any of my decks either.
This makes no sense.

Unlock Demon Hunter via the Innkeeper

Secondly, completing the apprenticeship means playing in Ranked through the ranks 40-1. Upon completing, you will arrive at Bronze 10 and be rewarded a free deck to choose (Paladin or Mage are the best ones)

1 Like

Thanks, Jonius.

My next question, though, is how do I get through the ranks now that I can’t use any of the cards or decks they gave me?

I was really hoping this was a bug. Taking away our cards doesn’t make any kind of sense.

Same problem here. Does not make any sense to me. I cant really do much without any cards :frowning:

1 Like

Oh, your decks must be Wild now. Can you see them? You may be able to try and convert them to Standard (click on them in the Play Menu)

1 Like

It’s not even giving me a chance to choose Wild, Standard, etc.
When I choose the deck it says “30 Cards Require Completion of Apprenticeship.”

What is crazy is that these are the decks they gave me when I started. I didn’t alter them or anything. They’re just not letting me play the decks anymore.

Make a new deck I guess?

I am in the same boat. I had all my decks built out. I’ve played this game for years. Now it’s giving me this same message. It happened with a recent game update. I don’t even know how to do the “apprenticeship” to get them back. It doesn’t look like an option.

Using the “Play” Format. This brings me to playing a round with another player live.
The problem is advancing. I lose every time because players are using more advanced cards.
No wins = No progression.

Settings, Options, Click on Miscellaneous shows the “Skip Apprenticeship” as an option.
The only downside that I can find is losing the selection of a Full Deck from a particular class.

I have found Murloc Shaman to be a cost-effective option that still does very well in Diamond rank. (https://imgur.com/a/XTnpOhM)

This is the full decklist, with just 1 legendary, and only commons and rares.

Murlocs

Class: Shaman

Format: Standard

Year of the Gryphon

2x (0) Lightning Bloom

2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin

2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller

2x (1) Spawnpool Forager

1x (2) Cagematch Custodian

2x (2) Crabrider

1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl

2x (2) Lushwater Murcenary

2x (2) Lushwater Scout

2x (2) Murloc Tidehunter

2x (2) South Coast Chieftain

2x (3) Coldlight Seer

2x (3) Nofin Can Stop Us

2x (3) Voracious Reader

2x (3) Whack-A-Gnoll Hammer

2x (4) Felfin Navigator

AAECAaoIAqreA6juAw7JuAPG0QPw1AOr3gOR5AOT6AOU6AOz6APd7AOV8AO1nwSioASroATboAQA

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I would replace Firemancer Flurgl with a second Cagematch Custodian, Prize Vendor or Rockbiter Weapon, but I have not tested it out.

The Core Set provides you with 4 rare and 4 commons already, saving you 560 dust. The total cost, if you’re missing all the cards is 2800 dust, only 1200 dust if you replace Flurgl with a cheap card.

Check out my list of guides on various topics (more coming soon):

2 Likes

I looked at the cheapest decks on hsreplays and it seems the most efective core only deck is Control Priest.

Control Priest

Class: Priest

Year of the Gryphon

2x (1) Crimson Clergy

2x (1) Holy Smite

2x (1) Psychic Conjurer

2x (2) Kul Tiran Chaplain

2x (2) Loot Hoarder

2x (2) Shadow Word: Death

2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows

2x (3) Lightspawn

2x (3) Shadowed Spirit

2x (4) Holy Nova

2x (4) Power Infusion

1x (4) Shadow Word: Ruin

2x (5) Temple Enforcer

1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof

1x (6) High Inquisitor Whitemane

1x (8) Natalie Seline

1x (9) Onyxia the Broodmother

1x (9) Ysera the Dreamer

AAECAa0GBrKKBLSKBPCfBPGfBKOgBKmgBAyh6AOi6AOtigSEnwSFnwS+nwS/nwTBnwTvnwTynwTznwShoAQA

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

The win rate listed is 32% which is not even one in three, but it should be good enough for getting through apprenticeship since you can’t lose stars in there.

Having said that the cheapest deck with a good win rate seems to be Face Hunter.

Face Hunter

Class: Hunter

Year of the Gryphon

2x (1) Adorable Infestation

2x (1) Demon Companion

2x (1) Intrepid Initiate

2x (1) Wolpertinger

2x (1) Wound Prey

2x (2) Headhunter’s Hatchet

2x (2) Imprisoned Felmaw

2x (2) Oasis Thrasher

2x (2) Quick Shot

2x (2) Scavenger’s Ingenuity

2x (3) Bearshark

2x (3) Pack Kodo

2x (4) Knife Vendor

2x (4) Piercing Shot

2x (5) Trampling Rhino

AAECAR8AD6K5A/+6A9zMA6LOA4LQA7nSA7ThA4biA/HpA57qA9zqA9vtA7ugBL6gBL+gBAA=

The win rate is listed at 54% which is pretty good and the total dust cost for crafting it is only 1200 dust which is probably the cheapest you’ll find. Hope this helps!