How NOT to develop a TIMED game system

If I have to develop a timed card game, and I have ten years to perfect it, how is it possible that there are still animations that block the possibility of finishing the cards I want to play, the turn ends, I still know which cards to play but I can’t because the animations of the ones I’ve played prevent me from doing it, it seems impossible to me that no one has ever thought of a very simple “delete card animations” option, I would understand if the animations lasted a second but some cards have animations of several seconds, this second to me it’s proof that the blizzard of our stress has no cure, indeed maybe maybe a stressed community is useful to them, I honestly don’t know, they have hordes of psychologists who study every aspect of the players, let alone if they don’t know that people get stressed with millions of animations that prevent you from playing…

1 Like

They can’t even claim programming difficulty, because the players had an easy time inventing an animation skip in windows firewall. If blizzard isn’t capable of implementing a small window of disconnect to skip animations, or better yet just calling the “jump to current game state” macro directly, it’s no wonder people have stopped calling them a small indie company out of respect for the capabilities of small indie companies.

2 Likes