How do you counter armor warrior?

I am truly at a total loss, This deck is wiping board after board with brawls and the card that cast brawls, I have giving different versions of it some running reno and some not.

I just did 62 damage to a warrior and it wasn’t enough to kill him, I got him down to 4 hp and he shot back up due to double battle cry on a healing minion. then copied it.

They never run out of cards, They seem to never run out of health, and even with aggro i am struggling since if they can even keep a bit of tempo or life up they can still over power you so easily.

This isn’t a vent post. I am asking for legit advice. I am using a plague based DK deck, a rainbow mage deck, a aggro druid and nothing works

1 Like

The best way to understand how a deck works is to play it yourself. If you like the deck great, if you don’t then Sun Tzu Art of War know your enemy type vibes.

1 Like

well since I don’t have disposable income to pay that much money just to craft a deck I don’t like and play it I thought it was much better to ask for advice here and save the 100$ and hours of time.

2 Likes

Me either in this case. I’m just saying, preferred method.

1 Like

Thank you… for the advice

2 Likes

There is not much to do about it.
The deck you play isnt meant to beat control (with sustain), unless they draw/play very slow.

Plague is very vulnerable to all sustaining decks, you probably gotta accept that.

1 Like

I am not an expert or anything, but the warrior armor deck I use relies on Odyn to truly weaponize the armor-up cards. Once you get him out in play, the armor also becomes a weapon.

Counter the Odyn as it comes out into play, and like half of your opponent’s deck now does nothing.

1 Like

If you can get the opponent to 0 health, it will counter them every single time

1 Like

plague literally coutnrs control decks. plagues are basically irrelevant against aggro. it also ruins highlander decks.

1 Like

So there is a deck that I’ve found that does really well vs Warriors and other control decks. But its pretty degenerate and is not great vs aggro.

Play fatigue Druid. You can armor up more efficiently than a warrior, up to 20 armor from a 3 mana spell. You can also copy your titan and have multiple titans to heal yourself if you get low or draw out cards in your deck.

If you play Dew Process+Solar Eclipse, you will force them into fatigue quickly.

Druid has the tools and cards to be able to dump a good portion of their hand each turn, meanwhile Warriors want to hold their cards and be reactive. You can force really bad plays from the warrior playing this deck.

So far I’ve gone 8-1 vs warriors I’ve faced, I know that’s a small sample size but I never feel behind the gun playing this deck vs warriors. The one Warrior game I lost was because he got his Brann off on turn 4 and I wasn’t able to really gain armor or do anything with my gameplan.

1 Like

I play armor warrior, but not highlander. My suggestion is running duke to steal and a weapon breaker like viper. Worse match up is Paladin in my opinion due to taunts and bubbles. They can also hypro aggro making it hard to address since warrior wins mid-late game.

1 Like

I like to play Priest and I can sometimes pull off the win against Warrior. I just try to steal his cards. Duke, return to hand cards…rinse and repeat. Also kill the weapons if possible. For me personally the most frustrating deck is spellpower mage, they can 1-shot with more damage than the max HP you can start with.

1 Like

While this is indeed a valid strategy, it also means you’d be playing mill druid. Which, idk…makes me feel icky

1 Like

With Secret rogue, you simply send all of his cards back to deck. But you cannot win against any other deck that generates good amount of cards.

Honestly aggro pally is the best counter to the current meta.

1 Like