High latency and disconnect (Blizzard's fault with proof)

Running from a PC with wired internet and no issues AT ALL with it or other online games.

TRACEROUTE:
traceroute to , 15 hops max, 60 byte packets
1 Blizzard Blizzard 1.147 ms 1.099 ms 1.097 ms
2 24.105.18.130 (24.105.18.130) 1.878 ms 1.878 ms 1.877 ms
3 137.221.105.14 (137.221.105.14) 1.880 ms 1.878 ms 1.876 ms
4 137.221.66.22 (137.221.66.22) 1.277 ms 1.291 ms 1.291 ms
5 137.221.83.86 (137.221.83.86) 573.009 ms 573.042 ms 573.045 ms
6 * * *
7 137.221.68.32 (137.221.68.32) 5.890 ms 6.162 ms 6.176 ms
8 4-1-3.ear3.LosAngeles1.Level3 .net (4.71.135.105) 5.390 ms 6.028 ms 6.009 ms
< redacted>

Taken from Blizzard’s tool called “Looking Glass” (I can’t include the link) towards Hearthstone North America servers

The offender IP (highlighted) is owned by Blizzard.
Running the traceroute multiple times will sometimes show a lower latency in that server but most of the times it is 300+ms.

This is happening for a few days already.
Lots of people are complaining about latency and disconnects and you keep replying with generic support answers.
It’s time to investigate your servers and/or your infrastructure providers/partners.

4 Likes

That’s a test anomaly. Check hop 7. Note that it goes back to normal. That particular node de prioritizes tests so it displays incorrectly. If you were legitimately having latency issues like that, it would persist through the entire test after that point.

That’s not to say there’s not something we can help figure out, but we’d need a different test to identify what that is. Before you do more testing, though, do you run any deck trackers? They can cause issues, especially when the expansions roll over and new data gets added. Try uninstalling any deck trackers you’re running and see if it fixes things.

If you’re still having this problem, please create a WinMTR test which catches a disconnection. You want to restart the test every 10-15 minutes until you catch one of these problems. Once you’ve caught one red handed, run the test for about 5 more minutes. This will let us look for problems between your house and our servers which may cause this.

If you have problems with posting it due to a link error, go ahead and copy paste this into your next post, and replace “WinMTR goes here” with your test.

~~~~
WinMTR goes here
~~~~

Having the same issues. No issues on my Wifi with any other game, literally just Hearthstone and lots of small disconnects/reconnects or complete disconnects.
Please fix this asap, I miss playing Battlegrounds and I literally cannot with this issue. I can play on Europe or Asia server fine with no dramas, literally just the NA Hearthstone server that is doing this to me.

1 Like

I think that I have gone through the threads I see this as a VERY common issue. This is not a personal connection issue. This is obviously Blizzards issue. I think it is terrible practice of service to ask us to do your job. I don’t understand why you guys, Blizzard, can’t do some tests on your end seeing as there ALOT of complaints about this.

1 Like

Agreed 100 percent! I’ve been playing for years now and this is the low point for blizz.

2 Likes

Add another one to the numbers for this issue. Blizzard fix your stuff and stop trying to pass the buck. Clearly this is an issue on your end if the exact thing is happening to many people.

2 Likes

Hello, for the past few days I have been constantly disconnected from any game of any mode I play in for what seems like at least every time I play or draw a card. Mainly at least every 15-30 seconds it happens. I have tried repairing the game and have even uninstalled it and reinstalled it too but nothing helped. I do not have this issue when I play on my Iphone and also my brother does not seem to have this issue at all when he plays on his computer so its not our internet connection. This is super annoying and frustrating please help me fix this issue.

My game keeps disconnecting this week, it’s really disheartening to lose easy arena games over and over again. I ran the WINmtr on the ip of the game server and google as a simple baseline and I only dropped packets on hearthstone resulting in a disconnect. pls fix this bliz

Hey folks,

The OP abandoned this thread a while ago and as earlier mentioned in my previous post, this isn’t an issue we can just magically fix on our end. If you’d like help with this, please post your own thread with a description of your error, the steps you’ve already tried to fix it, as well as a winMTR test.