Heroic Brawliseum

Who is going to give this a shot?

I heard this was coming up but I’m not sure I have ever participated in one before and thought I’d give it a try.

Any ideas on what you are going to run if you’re going to participate? If you’re not, what deck do you think you would use?

I decided on Holy Paladin. It’s a pretty good counter to the meta and can cheese wins against decks that it has a negative win-rate against. It’s also less “high-rolly” than other decks in the meta.

So far I’m 5 games in. 5-0. But I imagine competition is going to get tougher as I climb to more wins (in theory I could still go 5-3).

I’m targeting a minimum of 9 wins, that’s what makes it personally “worth it” to me, giving 16 packs, 400 gold and 400 dust. -600 gold for 16 packs seems alright, not mind blowing though to be honest as I already have every card in the current set and I assume that it will be packs from the latest expansion. 10 wins gets you the same packs, gold and dust, but 1 golden legendary card. 12 wins nets you 1100 gold, 1100 dust, 3 golden legendaries and a whopping 50 packs.

It’s not worth it. Only like less than 1% (~0.64%) of the population get 12 wins, so everyone else who participates is just signing up for a bad deal.

4 Likes

Well…

Not really.

Around 6/8 is good enough isn’t.

12 is just the jackpot

The people best positioned to hit 6 to 8 wins probably already have all the cards in the set, so they are essentially farming extra dust? What’s the point?

?

rank isnt tied to collection

If Blizzard only takes away one thing from the Brawliseum, I hope it’s that consistent, regular, non-trivial rewards for constructed play are FUN and make people want to keep playing.

1 Like

Where did I say rank is tied to collection? There’s a high probability that for the majority of folks who would get 6-8 wins, they already have most of the cards in the set, which means the rewards translate to dust.

To have fun I guess?? For most people here it would be a much better deal to just work another hour at their normal job and then buy whatever they need in HS, instead of grinding x activity… so yeah they probably play because they enjoy it!

1 Like

You can already do that for free queuing up Standard Ranked mode! 5head!

Isn’t this “heroic brawliseum” just a carbon copy of arena? Now I don’t get to have a free pack (not that it helped much anyway).

1,000g…Blizzard have been on the good stuff again…I am out!

There is no way to make it worth it.

No, the build-a-deck mechanic is different. Think of this Brawliseum as an early iteration of the more forgiving and easier to get into Duels; it falls between between Arena and Duels, but is far more expensive than either.

1 Like

What deck are you going to use? I paid for the entry yesterday and havent made my deck yet

1 Like

I used Holy Paladin for 2 runs. 9 wins on run 1 and 11 wins on run 2.

My losses were all control warrior except one Murloc Warlock where I drew dead

You should have gone Bubble Pally, Holy is garbage. Ask me how I just found out.

1 Like

I would have given this a try if the first one of the week was free, however since this company wants to try to FORCE me to pay I absolutely refuse to participate. Every other Heroic Brawliseum has given the first go for free so why the change-up? I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come from Microsoft ownership.

I’m a wild player, so I won’t participate, as I mainly buy wild packs rather than standard ones. To make your 1000 gold back, you have to get 7 wins. Add that to 3 losses, and that’s 10 games, which means you need to have a standard deck with a 70% winrate just to make the buy worth it.

Incorrect. In the past 2 years, you didn’t get a free run. However, that would be awesome if you did get one.

1 Like

That’s too bad, you almost got the 50 packs. Sounds like you did pretty well though :slight_smile: