Helya is the problem with plague dk

With no way to clear the deck any longer, this one card also ruins the ability to play with the “if your deck has no duplicates” cards for the most part. Yes I know if I fill my hand the plagues can be destroyed but everyone knows that statistically it will usually cause your own deck cards to go.
Let them continue to stuff endless plagues in the decks. But nerf the permanent plague status from Helya.

5 Likes

Helya isn’t strong enough. It should probably shuffle in 6 plagues. As it stands, it’s underpowered.

2 Likes

the problem helya is too weak

should have taunt too

4 Likes

Agreed… Helya is a problem… need to make an end to infinity…

2 Likes

If they ever nerf Helya I’m sure they’d make her a 5 mana 5/5. Perfect nerf. Fixes all the problems.

1 Like

It’s literally the best card in the deck by both mulligan winrate and drawn winrate.

6 Likes

Helya is literally the only reason why Plague DK can exist, though. Temporary plagues are kinda booty.

3 Likes

Agreed.

She’s a wasted turn. 4 cost 4/4 body and you hope your opponent gets a plague.

Is it nice that the plagues are “eternal” yes, very much.

But in a fast match it’s really garbage.

EDIT: I recently dumped like 20 plagues in a dudes deck and he had 28 cards left and he didn’t draw any damn plagues. I beat him with the board.

1 Like

I don’t have an issue with Helya.

I have an issue that Reno being completely countered and its lowest win rate is against Plague DK.

I really hope Reno is going to get changed to ‘No duplicates in starting deck’ instead, or Reno Shaman and other Reno decks are just going to become irrelevant if/when Plague DK comes back into the meta.

The matchup was already difficult with Steam Cleaner. Without it, Reno Shaman loses turn 1. So all the people complaining at losing at turn 5/6 against Nature Shaman, we don’t lose on turn 5/6 against Plague. We lose turn 1. Once they get more than 1 plague of the same type, it’s GG.

1 Like

Agreed Plague DK just isn’t fun to play against and that’s multiplied when playing a reno deck with no way to clean out the deck.

It’s only there to counter Reno decks. And they’re the only ones upset about it. Plague DK gets clapped by damn near everything else out there

What’s funny is that if I see a lot of people playing Reno warrior, I’ll play my plague DK deck to counter it. Then all of a sudden I don’t see it anymore. But I do see a ton of rainbow DK which is plague DK’s arch nemesis

Four of my last five matches were rainbow DK with one shammy thrown in

If Plague DK was tier 4 it wouldn’t be bad enough.
Sadist deck.

1 Like

I’m not concerned with stats from a website. It’s a weak turn 4 play and often leaves you open to a lot of damage. Buff the amount of plagues, or at least give her taunt. Ray t would help a bit.

1 Like

This statement is objectively false.

1 Like

It may be. It may not be. Again, it’s my opinion. Do you want me to start attacking every one of your opinions?

The reason you disagree with each other is because you play different decks

Some decks are much more negatively impacted by Helya than others

Problem solved.

I literally dont care about thay card because 99% of the time DK is dead before I draw them

But if you play a slower deck with lots of card draw, its easily problematic as you plan your removals ahead a lot and it can mess with your plans or chances of survival

Yeah, its a pretty balanced card, definitely one of the core ones in what is essentially a meme deck

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: You are trolling

1 Like

Steamcleaner should be reintroduced or a card similar

1 Like

we dont really need it plagues arent that good vs non HL decks

and if we have too many plagues on our decks we can always put tony on ETC to solve that problem

Currently she’s a card to put as a tech choice in Rainbow DK to stop Highlander. They just discover the weapon and put in the rest. There’s nothing wrong with having a counter in the meta to these highlander decks. Did you really think they would allow those decks to be played uncontested for the entire year? There’s a reason they will both rotate out at the same time.

1 Like