Helya is the problem with plague dk

Just as I said that, I draw all the plagues the same turn they played Helya

Legit

1 Like

Helya?

Nah.

This is the real boogeyman
Legendary · Minion · Showdown in the Badlands · Rush. Costs (1) less for each minion that died this game. Deathrattle: Take control of a random enemy minion.

3 Likes

You shut your filthy mouth about my sweety Reska. I thoroughly enjoy discovering 3-4 of those a game. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

The second best card in the deck, according to drawn winrate. But it’s not as good as Helya.

1 Like

alone this card like silvanas as rush maybe free not make to much power rl problem azerite rat who able to summon bk multiple time whit lifesteal and this rat more flexible you can use whit titan for value or reska or other rush gaint so rat is rl cancer

1 Like

According to stats. Stats don’t also track the excavate card resummoning it and giving it lifesteal and reborn.

Yet another time you rely on stats to tell you a story without even thinking about the story it can’t tell you.

Completely false. Drawn winrate tracks game wins after drawing a particular card. Do you have some method I don’t know of to reanimate Reska without drawing her first?

Yes. It’s called discovering her.

I’m shocked you haven’t figured this out already.

The stats don’t tell the entire story. You gotta stop using stats only to come up with conclusions. Playing the deck helps.

Okay in that case the increased winrate would be reflected in the card that discovered her, which you still had to draw. Drawn winrate is still valid every time.

No. When personal experience conflicts significantly with the stats, the stats are right pretty much every time. This is my conclusion from actually playing the game recently, the only thing I was way off about was botting and that’s because I jumped to a conclusion WITHOUT data.

Technically I agree that stats don’t tell the entire story. Nothing tells the ENTIRE story. But personal experience is nothing but a small sample size. It’s not special, you are not special, I am not special, and data is good.

So then tell me how you magically determined the weighted drawn win rate of all discover cards and how they increase based on Reska being found.

What magic % does Primus drawn win rate go up from its normal drawn win rate based on when it discovers Reska?

You don’t know. The stats don’t tell you. Thus, the only thing you have is experience in game.

This is part of the problem with you arguing something based solely on stats.

It’s 100% possible that drawn win rate of Helya is higher than Reska and at the same time Reska could be the more impactful and game winning card than Helya.

You wouldn’t know that at all based on numbers in the stats of drawn win rate and played winrate because Reska isn’t always drawn and is summoned and used twice from board even though it might only get played once. Played once. Summoned 3+ times.

Your stats don’t speak to that AT ALL. And your little drawn win rate argument is completely defeated because you never draw the excavate reward.

Again, if you actively played this deck, it would be obvious.

Unless you have a stat that shows win rate based on when the minion dies, you could accurately judge this. You don’t so you can’t. Thus, thinking about the entire play style based on experience is a factor here that your stats never considers. And it’s a MASSIVE consideration, one that you just want to poo poo away because you don’t like the narrative.

2 Likes

Of course the stats tell you. By “normal” drawn winrate you mean the winrate before factoring in the chance of Discovering Reska. What the stats give is the actual drawn winrate, AFTER factoring in the chance of Discovering Reska. What they don’t give is the nonreality of a Primus that can’t Discover Reska, that value isn’t given.

Any win after you draw a card counts towards drawn winrate for that card. I feel like your ideological bias here is preventing you from wrapping your head around this simple concept.

If by “the narrative” you mean that empirical evidence based on a larger sample size is better than judgments based on a smaller or even no sample, then yes. I have a bias against bias. You should too.

No, your narrative is “stats for drawn win rate show Helya better than Reska therefor Helya is 100% better because stats don’t lie”.

When I gave you prime examples of how that’s not the full story. The stats don’t lie. But they don’t tell the entire truth.

1 Like

Helya just straight up is a more powerful card. I wouldn’t say that it’s 100% better though. Reska is the second best card in the deck, she’s no slouch.

I think that one issue here could be the availability of substitutes. Chained Guardian is a reasonable substitute for Reska for Rat reanimation purposes, especially against opponents who don’t run any minions worth stealing, but nothing really substitutes for Helya. I could imagine an alternate reality where Chained Guardian doesn’t exist and maybe, just maybe, Reska is the highest drawn winrate card in Plague DK… But even that’s a long shot because Reska is a distant second in overall drawn winrate.

Although hey, if we filter by specific class, against DK, Druid, Paladin, and Priest Reska IS the best card in the deck. A little more realistically than the “no Chained Guardian” dream, we could get a meta where Reska becomes the best card in the deck. We’d just need more Reska-favorable boards than currently exist in reality.

Stats alone are never better than stats + heuristics/personal experience/human touch

Deal with it, or stay misunderstood and ignored (and hardstuck dumpster legend).

1 Like

Helya makes the deck. Reska is juste a nice plus.
You can play plague DK without Reska, you absolutely cannot play the deck without Helya.

The way they balance things they will hear your message then change helya to destroy your opponents deck and replace with plagues. Should be about balanced for the dev team.

1 Like

Plague DK is objectively inferior to Rainbow Control DK. You can get the same plague package from the Rainbow deck without all the mediocre cards. You just discover the weapon and have a Down with the Ship in ETC. Between that and Helya in deck HL pretty much always has a bad day before turn 5 or 6 ever come around. Even if you don’t hit the right amount of plagues i rarely have an issue taking down a HL deck.

DH is the worst matchup DK of all varieties have currently but that’s pretty much every class. If you don’t lock down the on curve weapon your chances of winning drop dramatically.

The bottom line is if it’s a HL deck yes Helya is your best on curve play but outside of that the best card all DK’s currently have access to is Runes of Darkness. It’s basically a card that says " Pick the weapon tailored to defeat your opponent and give it +1/+1". After that it’s CNE’s ability to close out games.

The danger with this deck is that if they go too far on the inevitable DH nerf and don’t dial back Rainbow DK a tad it will just swap spots with DH since DK has hunters number.

I’m trying to craft Helya but I can’t even see where she is? Do I need to buy her or complete something to unlock her? Sorry for the noob question.

Are you searching for her while in crafting mode?