Hearthstone really is rigged. Here's how to beat it

Well being that i play a priest i dont mind lol but yea shows up an awful lot for a card that i only have 2 of.

They could do, but why would they do?

My problem with such post is that, when it claims to be 100% rigged, then it is repeatable across all conditions (e.g. all ranks, all meta, all modes)

Such statement can provide no concrete basis for proper experimentation and only open avenues for dispute.

Thus, looking through the post, there is no(not enough) convincing contents to even worth an experimentation to explore the assumption.

4 Likes

The odds of you getting one by Turn 1 (if you’re going first and hard-mulligan for it) is equal to one minusthe odds that you don’t get it (28/3027/29…*22/24), which is about 42%. Assuming you hard-mulligan, you’re actually more likely to draw Lightwarden in your first three turns than you are not to.

The point of my previous post is that the “feelings” people get for things like this are usually just that: feelings. Statistical likelihood is often un-intuitive and not what one might initially expect, so when trying to determine (not just for others, but also oneself) whether something is “unlikely”, doing so based on feelings alone often leads to incorrect assumptions.

5 Likes

By 100% I mean there’s no doubt in my mind that it is true. I don’t mean all parts of the game are rigged all of the time. I mean there is more going on behind the scenes then people realize. Anyone who has not realized this has not played enough games or doesn’t pay attention.

4 Likes

Well… if that is true are you going to quit? If I was 100% positive the background of the game was rigged I’d quit personally. I’m not trying to be harsh just the 100% truth

Any difference in you saying this and someone else saying “anyone who thinks the game is rigged is lying to themselves to make them feel better about loses or just wants a boogeyman scapegoat.”

In truth there is 100% possibility the game is rigged in the background in some way that data is hard to cut to see… I am in no way going to be denying that. On the flip side without solid data this is purely perception based and you can’t state with any level of definiteness to the population that the game is rigged (or not for that matter.)

We can only go based on our observations. I can present some data showing why I don’t think rigging is occurring in the mid-60% range. My data set though, obviously, is much too low to be definitive at all.

Edit:
In general looking at HS and MtG:A it becomes REALLY hard to begin eclipsing 70% WR with any consistency because your competition should become harder and harder. For instance, in MtG:A my current deck and climb is at ~77% WR overall over the past month and a half; however, that WR is slowly declining as I play against better competition player more ‘t1’ decks or just playing better in general and not making small mistakes that my deck can capitalize on.

3 Likes

The problem is there are also alot of players that had played alot of games, and very good in their games.

Alot of them have not come out and provide a solid material for further exploration.

Also, If the material being presented cannot even pass the initial doubts of these experienced players, then there might be a very fundamental aspects not address.

It works differently from regular grinding because you don’t hit the “wall”. You know that part between rank 3 to legend where you grind like hell, face counters, get tilted, and need to fight your way through. Switching decks makes that whole process much much smoother. In order to be able to switch decks like that you need to 1. Have skills with more than one deck/class, 2. Have a positive winrate with those decks. If you don’t have a positive winrate you can’t climb, it’s impossible. Do I really need to point that out to you? 3. You need to play decks you’re good at. If you suck at a deck use a different one or practice/learn to get better at the deck you want to use. So yes my bullet points above are valid and it is different than just “grinding” aimlessly. Try it. I’m guessing you haven’t and you’ll argue all day that it won’t work while trying to prove your point. Perfect example of a naysayer.

Thanks for the evidence-free, factless assertion Mr. Random Zero Post Internet citizen!

12 Likes

I uninstall the game, focus on other aspects of life, return to it occasionally to play weird fun decks. I play for fun and don’t care if I reach legend. This post is for those who are grinding, struggling and fighting rank 5 to legend and frustrated. If they follow the method they’ll see a difference.

Yes. The difference is I have tried BOTH ways of grinding legend. I have hit legend grinding a single deck a at a time multiple times. I have also used the method of rotating decks methodically and hit legend multiple times that way. I have experience hitting legend both ways. Other naysayers have here have not tried both ways. They say oh it doesn’t work, or you’re wrong, or it can’t be done. Saying something “can’t” or “doesn’t” work stops the brain from thinking and stops people from taking action. It’s pretty typical in all aspects of life really. It is so simple to put 3 decks in and try it but instead people enjoy attacking and the drama. I don’t have the patience or I would reverse engineer it. Maybe someone sill take on that task it would be interesting.

I have no problem facing harder opponents. I think it is great for the game and allows me to have a goal which is to get better at the game. The problem I have is when the system is rigged and they systematically match you with a DECK that has a higher percentage to win against you. That is just wrong. Imagine working really hard to become a skilled boxer. Progressing through the ranks and facing harder opponents is natural and necessary. Now imagine the boxing association removes padding from your opponents gloves behind the scenes so they have higher chance of beating you. It would be unheard of. With boxing something like that is very easy to identify. Open gloves, see missing padding, proof. With gaming there are so many variables that it becomes very difficult to prove.

The fact that you’re climbing at 77% is amazing so kudos to you. What that tells me is that you’re a highly skilled player who has an actual winrate of probably 80% or more if you were facing random opponents. That or you’re playing a deck that is hard to “hard counter”. That is something else I forgot to mention and should have. If you want to climb even faster then use the rotating deck method AND play decks that are hard to “hard counter”.[quote=“Razzysnazzy-1972, post:3, topic:16018”]
provide that data.
[/quote]

2 Likes

That rings a bell - I’m pretty sure I’ve read an at least very similar text before in a “HS is rigged and I can proof it” thread. May have been in the old forum, IDK.

Anyway, 14.000 games, legend “at will” with all classes, 65% winrate with non-meta “fun”? decks…

Yeah, it was kinda funny to read, but sorry - I’m gonna look for another bridge to cross.

3 Likes

Lykotic’s point is that comments like the ones you’ve made (“Those who say it isn’t I’m sorry you’re just wrong”, “Anyone who has not realized this has not played enough games or doesn’t pay attention”, etc) are great ways to gain zero traction and make sure your argument dies on arrival. You have given zero hard evidence for any of your claims in this thread, making your entire argument carry about as much weight as someone who walks up and says, “there is literally no way the game can be rigged. I’ve been to Legend, so I know what I’m talking about and don’t need to provide any evidence. Anyone who sees a pattern is just salty, delusional, and wrong”. If your goal is truly to help people, that’s great, but your wording gives off waaaay more troll vibes than it does “I’m here to give healthy advice to climbers and/or have a discussion” vibes.

7 Likes

I agree with OP’s tips but disagree with his reasoning.

A key in reaching legend is recognising what decks are being played in the meta, which may vary from day to day depending on the match up. A deck suited to a specific meta makes the climb a lot faster. In this sense, having a few different classes/ decks definitely helps reaching legend consistently.

Sure you can pilot an off meta deck but you will find it less consistent over time.

1 Like

i think op has good logic here,
and I never know how anyone could defend blizz for not possibly riggin their simple game.

however in my ruined win streaks, I lose more to bad draw order than opponent counters.
makes me too mad to keep playing.

1 Like

Why do people feed trolls like this all the time? He’s patting himself so hard on the back, I’m surprised he hasn’t fallen down.

It’s like the guy bragging at the bar that he can beat up three guys at once. When the time comes, he’s sneaking out the back.

He wants attention and you give it to him.

4 Likes

In all honesty, sometimes it’s just fun to poke the bear and watch it stumble around.

6 Likes

Here’s some facts/“things” I’ve observed through the years of playing HS:

*Blizzard or rather Activision does have patents on their matchmaking/game mechanics, they’re undisclosed meaning we will never know the complete truth behind most of this.

*Blizzard does NOT release game statistics period, VS/HSR/Hearthpwn all have their own data they also DON’T share with each other. It is even a fact that those three websites combined don’t even come close to accounting for 100% of the data that exists, the data that only Blizzard has access too… Not to mention in this capitalistic world we currently live in it is not unheard of for those three websites to be cohorts (i.e. willing partners) in some scheme to scam money out of people with Blizzard, I’m not saying they are I’m just saying I wouldn’t be surprised if that were true.

*Enough people have complained over the years that when they make different “tech” card choices they start running into “hard counters” on the ladder which has happened to me. It’s one of the reasons I won’t play HS fulltime, need multiple decks to switch on the fly when you’re running into “hard counters” for the deck you’re trying to play. With the millions of supposed players for HS, you’d think the chances of running into an opponent with a deck tailored to counter yours would be slim but it does happen quite often. We know HS scans your decks/card collection prior to matching you up in some matches, I proved this to myself doing multiple testings using a Cubelock deck a couple years ago. No, I’m not going to write a book here about it and attempt to “convince” ya’ll of it. Arguing/debating here is the equivalent of arguing with a drunk, it’s just not worth it.

Honestly OP, all you’ve done by starting this thread the way you have is opened the flood gates for all the trolls of this forum to come to as if you were holding a beacon made especially for them.

People love believing they’re not being scammed, “not in America” they think etc. I could go on with how this world has decayed into it’s current decadent self but a games forums are the wrong place to incite change.

I think the proof is in the pudding, I’d believe what physically happens in this world. What’s “physically” happening is this game is dying due to many reasons, some are known and some are being flamed. The ones being flamed are being flamed for a reason, it would destroy the worlds of those who are flaming it should the truth be known etc. Enough rambling and philosophical talk, pointless here.

Cheers o/

7 Likes

I hope if Blizzard is rigging this game it never gets discovered. The psychic emanations of a million aggrieved, petty conspiracy theorists claiming vindication would coalesce in the Warp and spawn a new entity that, while not more destructive than the Four Ruinous Powers, would certainly be far more insufferable.

Is it not foretold:

For he shall be born with a scream, a wild, cacophonous whinny of petulance, and he shall cry for the sheeple to be awakened, and they shall ignore him.

7 Likes

Patents are public information though, meaning you can look up any and all patent applications and see whether they’ve been successfully awarded to their respective applicants. What do you mean by this?

I agree, they certainly could. It would be dumb to assume that they do though, not without some proper evidence to back it up.

What constitutes “enough” people, though? What about the millions of players who never experience anything miraculous and never post/comment about their respective games? It’s like claiming there’s a higher crime rate in a country based solely on emergency/911 calls. People comment about the extraordinary, not the ordinary. That’s a fact.

Why does the sheer number of people involved have an impact on your chances of encountering a counter to your deck? How is 10% of 100 people different from 10% of 100,000 people?

So “we” don’t actually know it. “You” are the one who convinced themselves, and refuse to have an actual conversation with people who disagree with you.

Literally no one is associating this with phony American nationalism. Most people don’t believe the game is rigged and are skeptical of the minority that claims to have convinced themselves it is. When confronting the latter for any amount of concrete evidence, they are called out as “trolls” in turn who “can’t see the obvious”. You can also go on about inciting change, but if you’re not willing to even try to convince us of your point of view, then I doubt you’ll be trying to “change” things on any other platform.

So reasons are flaming reasons for reasons because the aforementioned reasons have reasons that they don’t want to reason because the reasoned reasons are right. I think I got that right? :thinking:

7 Likes

This entire post is just dumb, i don’t get why so many intelligent people are wasting their time with this trolling OP.

3 Likes