Hearthstone pauses background audio on mobile

Hi anyone noticed the latest update causes Spotify to close on iPhone? My iPhone specs are iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16.3 and I have 72 GB available.

Anyone else face this issue?

18 Likes

Since I updated the Hearthstone app this morning I’ve been experiencing a similar issue with the game pausing background play of my media players on Android.

If Blizzard wants me to stop playing HS this would be the way to do it…

14 Likes

Noticed this today and I 100% agree.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue on my iPhone pausing my music as soon as the app loads.

2 Likes

I do hope they treat this as a high priority bug and fix it. I want my music while I play HS.

4 Likes

Brand new Android phone, same issue. I don’t hate the Hearthstone sounds, but I don’t like them that much. Hopefully this gets fixed sooner than later.

1 Like

Same. Samsung S9. I am also having a problem with it pausing my YouTube Premium. It might be an issue with YT, but the coincidence is there.

1 Like

Same issue here, very annoying. Hope this will be corrected asap

1 Like

Having the same issues. When I updated to the latest version of hearthstone I couldn’t play Spotify in the background anymore while running hearthstone.

iPhone 11 - iOS 16.3.1

1 Like

SAME i really do want this fixed as soon as possible!!
I always play hearthstone while playing music on Spotify in the background, it’s how i like to relax.

1 Like

Glad I’m not an isolated case. Really hope this gets some traction and gets fixed.

1 Like

Just sent in a complaint too and came here hoping someone else has noticed this issue. I can’t feel my hype without my music

2 Likes

I am also having this issue

1 Like

New updated caused mobile game to be glitched… Ive played this game since release day and never seen these two issues.

1. Cant start a regularly ranked ladder game I get the error “there was an error starting your game, please wait a few minutes and try again”. I have waited hours, nothing same error.

2. Also, I cant play music (pandora) in the background anymore, as soon as app is opened it cuts sound off always have been able to prior for last 8 years or however long.

Blizzard please fix this!!

1 Like

Just replying to keep this issue at the top of the forum. Seems like update has a bad interaction with the (i)OS which is disabling background sound (for me I noticed it on podcasts).

1 Like

For those who are not aware:

2 Likes

That is BS. We have to wait for the next patch? I pay for YT Premium specifically so I can run it in the background on my phone.

1 Like

I agree. Blizzard should be liable for this as we pay other apps for their services and they don’t screw us over by not being able to use Hearthstone. I pay for Spotify premium specifically to play Hearthstone and listen at the SAME time

1 Like

I’ve played this game from beta… fix this or I’m out.

1 Like

I’m glad to see its not just my phone. Just keep replying so this thread doesn’t close. I would also like to go on record that this whole “Just ask your fellow users for technical support” model blows.