Hearthstone no longer compatible after new update

Blizzard released a new update to Hearthstone this week. After doing so, when I launched the game earlier that day, it was working just fine, and I have been using my Samsung Galaxy A5 to run Hearthstone very well, with little lag, if any.

Please note that after the download appeared ready, it would not allow me to install it when switching to the Google playstore, it would just say “open, or uninstall” - nothing to update.

After uninstalling the game, Hearthstone cannot be found on the google play store, nor on the Samsung/android store.

I can confirm that I meet the minimum system requirements, have tried diff troubleshooting methods, including removing cache, restarting the phone, checking for new phone updates, etc.

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

are you sure you still meet them ?
not long ago they said they were going to change them

Hey there JohnKoss,

I checked into the requirements for Hearthstone on Android systems and do see an update was made recently for the OS that’s required. It is now Android 7.0. A Google search shows the Samsung Galaxy A5 is shipped with OS 6.0, so if you’re still using that, it would explain why it’s not showing on the Google Play store for you. We can’t assist with such, but checking for updates on your phone and talking to your device carrier about any OS updates is advised.

For reference the minimum requirements are here.

Blockquote

I checked into the requirements for Hearthstone on Android systems and do see an update was made recently for the OS that’s required.

Blockquote

Why did Blizzard make this change when it was working just fine for a number of us using mobile devices. You are telling us to reach out to our carriers but it is Blizzard that has added the systems change on android devices. This is something that i believe Blizzard should go back and revert these requirements to allow us access.

3 Likes

Because it costs too much.
Android 6.0 is 6 years old. Coding for old versions of device firmware tends to get expensive.

Update your phone’s firmware. Android 8.0 was available to Samsung Galaxy A5 from August 2018.

It works on my A5 but not on my Fire HD 10. Any ideas about that?

1 Like

There is a another thread. Blizzard changed the OS to Fire OS6, even though our OCT 2017 …not even 4 year old tablets… are running Fire 5.6.8 they made the game unplayable for those of us using Fire tablets.

3 Likes

Why doesn’t it work on fire 10

It meets minimum spec

You think its a good idea trading your playerbase for coding costs? I never seen a company do something like this, even the most successful online games think 3 times before doing a hard code update like this, this is one of the most dissapointing things I ever seen coming from a company like Blizzard.

Actually, sometimes; yes.
It’s pulling numbers out of my left nostril time!
Lets say you have a player base of 10 million. Each of those players pay $1 per month.
You’ve just pushed an update to your game, but this update requires XYZ System Version 2 or above.
In order to keep supporting XYZ System Version 1, it’ll cost $1 million per month. If more than 90% of your player base use XYZ System Version 2, then it’s not financially viable to keep supporting XYZ System Version 1.

That also says that the company is willing to substract 10% out of its reputation, considering all the bad choices it is already making in other games these might add up on the account of the company and its image…