Hearthstone New Ideas

Hello! I would like to bring here some of the ideas i had in mind for some time to add or to improve the game. I hope you would like it :slight_smile:

1) Additional Levels.

Increase the maximum class level to 100 and give rewards for leveling like, each 2 levels, some gold or dust, and each 5 levels above 60, to choose a class card that you already own of that class to make golden. It would be nice to have this kind of reward for just playing more with some classes.

2) Introduce Achievements.

Bring some achievements to do in-game by playing it, and divide them by categories like, Completionist Achievements, where we get an achievement by completing some card collections. It would also give us a statistic about our card numbers. Or casual achievements, by doing something rare or unique in a game, like doing a draw, or doing more than 30 dmg in one hit, things like these. There can be plenty of achievements to do in this game and it will be nice to have them as a reminder also of our play moments.

3) Introduce 2 VS 2 Mode

I would like to see a 2 VS 2 coop mode where a player, in a party with a friend, or with some casual players from internet, could play against other 2 players. It would be nice to see the combination between 2 classes and how the work toghether. Also it would be nice to have a unified version of it, like, having a total of 60 life for pair, 2 mana cristals per turn, growing until 20 total mana, and in each turn, both players can play cards and do actions with their minions. Maybe the only limitation i would keep is to have maximum 7 minions on board. Anyway, there can be many ways to implement a 2vs2 besides what i wrote above.

4) Increase Quest Number.

Increase the number of quests to do and to memorize to 5. For a casual player like me, sometimes it’s hard to keep playing once in 3 days, because of work, or being away from a pc etc and we get to play only in weekends, so it would be nice if we can keep at least the quests to do and this way we don’t lose so many times the opportunity to make some gold in game, or at least we will lose it a lot less. Also, as a QOL, let us see our quests directly from any game mode, or even from inside a match. Sometimes it’s hard to remember the quests to do and we lose time to go back to the starting screen just to check the quests. It could be easily done to see them directly from anywhere in the game.

5) Replay Mode

Give us the option to save replays of a game and also the option to share it, online or to friends with a link or file to save in their replay folder.

6) Introduce Survival Dungeons.

Do a modificated version of the dungeon runs where they are going on past the eighth boss. Make it like the HS version of Diablo’s Greater Rift where they go up without limit until you can resist their difficulty. This should be the same, you fight boss after boss until you can’t resist more the difficulty of the boss. Give some kind of reward based on how far you get in the dungeon, or how many bosses you get to defeat.

7) Introduce In Game Statistics.

We now have to rely to third party apps and sites to have more in game statistics on our game, but i think it would be nice to have them directly in game. Like options we can choose to see or not see when we are playing. The option to see our decks, our turn time, the opponents played cards, and so on. Each bit of information can be useful, especially for hardcore players.

8) Keyboard controls

Introduce some keyboard control settings. I know that you can do everything in this game just with your mouse, but sometimes it’s not fast enough to do it this way. I think it would be nice to have keyboard control options and customisation for playing this game. Like a key for ending the turn (like space bar key), keys for choosing the card to play (the numbered 1 to 10 for example) keys for enemies to attack (like again, numbers 1 to 7) or the hero (H key) and also keys to emote.

9) Out of Game Profile and Collection View

It would be great for us to see on our HS blizzard account, on the website, some data about our game. Especially the option to see our decks (or even to modify or create them) and our cards collection, or the option to buy packs.

These are my thoughts and ideas for now. Add other ideas to improve the game or make it more interesting.

5 Likes

dont forget In-Game tournament :slight_smile: it would serve much better than battlefy no need to screen pictures or wait till the next round list is done. It would be much quicker and so much rewarding! Set entrance fees or f2p and good to go!

1 Like

This is all great ideas and all but like most other suggestion post no where in here do you suggest how Blizzard makes more money from doing any of this.

Player enjoyment doesn’t necessary means more money

Well, it should be ALSO about players enjoyment, and not ONLY about money. HS already does enough money, so it’s better to keep your player base and also bring new players, by making it better and more enjoyable, not by letting it stay the same without any reason.

1 Like

Why should it be? What reason would that bring?

If it doesn’t = profit it shouldn’t interest blizzard. I am not saying getting a large player base would not profit blizzard, all I am saying enjoyment doesn’t nesscery means profit. You can be a f2p player and enjoy the game.

That’s a risk they will have to take. By creating this game they took a risk and it did pay off. By creating new content such as in-game tournaments where you have to pay cash or spend gold is already great addition. Players like to compete and that’s a fact. Check battlefy. Each time esports are hosting a tournament more than 600 players are in a waiting line. Fun fact those tournaments are FOR FREE and you can get loads of packs… Top 100 players. Blizzard could come up with a safer and better way. People won’t need to wait till host creates new list to move on. You don’t have to print screen to approve that you actually have won the fight.
By increasing player base there is a big chance that few of them will fall in love with this game(again) and will buy thing or two just to say thank you for creating new stuff <-----that is already a profit.

1 Like

This is a bit too one-sided.

Profit comes only from people buying stuff. People only buy stuff when they want to play the game. People only want to play the game when they consider it to be fun.

F2P players may not bring in money directly, but they are still needed. A healthy pool of F2P players means that there are enough opponents for the paying players so they are not faced with long queue times, not playing the same opponent over and over, and not forced to play someone at a much higher or lower rank. If all the F2P players would stop playing now, the game would probably wither and die within a few months.
Plus, reality is not a binary distinction between F2P and paying - there is a gliding scale that starts at paying zero (full F2P) and extends all the way to the far end of people that buy hundreds of packs per expansion, buy all skins, buy adventures with real money, etc etc. But there are also a lot of players that spend perhaps a few tenners per year on the game, players that spend a hundred, etc etc.

That being said - you do make a good point in pointing out that introducing new features costs Blizzard money. And at the end of the day, Blizzard is a commercial company that wants to make a profit. So for each idea, their thought process will have to be “how much does it cost to make this, how much extra revenue do we expect to get due to the increased joy we offer the players, and which of these nnumbers is higher?”

1 Like

these honestly are amazing ideas

2 Likes

Ehm, why do you play videogames? Because you have nothing better to do, or because you enjoy them? Was that really a question? Because it seems stupid.

I totally disagree. Before thinking how to make money, you have to think how you convince the people to give you those money or how you convince them to keep giving you money. And in this case you obtain that by doing a good and enjoyable game for as much people as possible, by improving your game, adding to it new content, new options. And here’s where my suggestions come in handy.
And also, i would like to talk here about our ideas about how HS can be improved, and not to convince you why Blizzard should do this or not, you are totally missing the point of this topic.

I have actually bizarre idea. It would work only for adventure mode or Tavern.
For now, all what we can do with the board is to click and wait for the animation to kick in. Imagine if you could actually use it to damage your enemy. For example in this mode some creatures add you a card “battery” to power up the machine. Once you got 10 batteries you can power it up and use it in your advantage. Play more spells, left side will offer you a different device to power up. So left and right side (right for minions/ left for spells ) are extra passive (second and third “hero” power like, but much stronger). Opposite side would have exactly same thing, but different design. *and yes you can still click around :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

oh, but it precisely does, my friend, and it’s something Blizz are starting to learn. The more fun the game is, the more people will play it, the more people will spend money, also people would invest more in it too. The main problem is that Blizz think they’re so smart that they prefer not to listen to their community’s suggestions and go their own way every time, which is a shame. Had they listened to us all this time, we’d have a much more vibrant hearthstone community and they’d have more money. Their philosophy is “invest as little as possible on the game whilst making the most profit”, what they should understand is that they’ll make the most profit to investment ratio if they DO invest in the game, due to there being so many players.

Honestly I think 2V2 would be the most fun thing ever.

1 Like

I think Blizzard has the correct philosophy, yes they could earn more money by adding this, but it requires a lot of play testing, balancing and coding which all takes time and money. They just can’t take big risks like that, it doesn’t guattee a pay out(I don’t think the profit of this would match the money used at all)

A: You’re wrong, it will, only it will take some time, which is okay, hearthstone is a game that can last like 20 years if managed properly.

B: They are one of the few gaming companies who actually CAN do something like this cus, you know, they make hundreds of millions of dollars each year.

A. a 2v2 game mode doesn’t require any coding or balancing whatsoever. Okay sure buddy, you got me on that one.

B. Blizzard is losing money fast, employees are dropping like flies, they just don’t have the time or effort to waste on a new game mode that not many players are into.

Source or didn’t happen (regarding the losing money fast. I know about the employees)

Their stocks were about $80 USD last year at around this time, now it’s only around $40 USD, you can search this up yourself. I wonder losing half of your company worth in one year is good or not? Hhhmmmmm…

1 Like

Well fought, I concede. But I just wanna say I think the main reason that happened is because they always try to maximize profit and never think long term, and thinking long term requires to take some risks, which they never do. Diablo for phone is a classic example of that. The only thing they did good with WoW classic is also the only thing they did which was due to the community’s request. If you never take risks, you don’t have a future, it’s as simple as that. If you only try to maximize profit, then you’ll (they’ll) just have to depend on the next big game they come up with, which seems to be OW2 and Diablo 4 /: hopefully it’s the right choice

A. Of course it does, the same as with coding and balancing every 130+ cards, each expansion, each new card feature, the new modes introduced one after another like arena, brawl, the single player content. So why those modes and additions can be done and this note? It’s a matter of will, not of possibility or resources.

B. Blizzard also makes a lot of money, and they made enormous amounts since WOW launched, and their problem is more structural and about how they chose to manage their projects in the last decade, also about greed, because their top executives earn too much money, instead of giving them to the company employees. When Nintendo was struggling, their top executives did that for example, and Nintendo kept going. Their top executives became too greedy and too arrogant with their communities, especially the Diablo community, because of this, they lost money, employees and also a lot of fans and respect. So if they want to regain this respect back and have the gamers buy and invest again in them, they have to listen, to communicate more and better with us, instead of ignoring everything we say and being greedy and arrogant.

Yes. Blizz needs to make a few changes to expand their playerbase. I agree that these changes most certainly should be implemented into the game.

1 Like

Wow, i’m glad to see that in this year at least one of my ideas on my wishlist will be done, the achievements!!
Still i would like to see all of them :smiley: