Hearthstone Mercenaries is NOW LIVE!

Worked perfectly fine on my MacBook, was just checking out Mercenaries.

Same here, still waiting :frowning: 8pm uk time the update was meant to drop for mobile

1 Like

Doesnt stop them from releasing the update early

1 Like

Iā€™ve played first line of tutorial, then some cave with buildings had opened and i canā€™t buy any of Ā«FREEĀ» buildings. Purchase failed and bye-bye. What a start.

2 Likes

Just submit it to the app store prior to the launch. Then itā€™s already approved and ready to go live at the specified time. Not complicated.

3 Likes

I have the same problem

absolute trash addition to the game, adds nothing of value to the game and a monumental waste of dev time

2 Likes

If they allow people to skip the tutorial theyā€™ll get complaints from people who want to play it but skipped it first.

If a <30 minute primer is too much to ask then maybe mercs just isnā€™t for you. And thatā€™s cool.

3 Likes

Jeez, I dont know, if they ever managed to create something like button, which you could click on and it would do something, like maybe ask you if you want to play tutorial, that could be option maybe?

Oh wait, the exact same thing works in BGs - there is button with questionmark, you can click on it, there is basic guide and you can try tutorial.

But I guess forcing everybody to play tutorial is better ideaā€¦?

Are you on an M1 or intel?

Yeah seriously blizzard, can one of the blues come to this thread and help us out. I went complete whale status on mercenaries and bought every pre-order bundle and everything else you could actually buy for the game before it came out and I did this months ago. Iā€™ve spent almost $200 on mercenaries. I am on a Nubia red magic 6s. Which has 16 GB of RAM 512 GB storage, the newest Snapdragon chip, the newest adreno GPU, and 144 MHz refresh rate. Itā€™s basically a mini computer and itā€™s got a built-in gaming zone separate where you can put it into ludicrous mode. You can attach controllers to it speakers fans even though itā€™s already got liquid cooling and an intake and outtake fan already built into it. The point is this phone was built for gaming and here it is almost 5:30 6:00 at night and I wanted to be live streaming and making my videos around 1 this afternoon when the patch dropped. I am in Eastern standard Time. I do realize mobile patches take a little bit longer because of the app store process but usually they come out about 2 hours after the PC patch which would be about 3:00 here. Itā€™s creeping up on 5:30 right now and I donā€™t see an update in game, on the Google Play store, or anywhere on the internet, not even on battlenet itself. Iā€™m very frustrated that I spent this amount of money and I canā€™t even update the game to play and Iā€™ve already seen five videos from other content creators putting out content that have beat me to the punch. I have 150 packs to open, I bought the diamond lich King bundle, The diamond Diablo bundle, and the legendary sylvanus bundle. I have to do a video on the pack opening and a gameplay video, and a live stream and I canā€™t do any of that until I get the update. It should not take this long to put out a patch. Seriously blizzard/activision youā€™re a multi-what?million or billion dollar company, why canā€™t you just patch the game the day before the release date and then just make it go live on the day itā€™s supposed to be released so everythingā€™s up and ready to go on the day that itā€™s supposed to go. On top of that you gave Early Access to trump, Kripp, and Sylssa which is also mildly infuriating as they are Battlegrounds players or Trump is pretty much a financial advisor at this point yet they got to put out content two weeks early. Iā€™m really getting sick of you guys playing favorites you could have a whole bunch of really good content creators instead of just hand picking and kissing the butt of the five biggest. Anyways my point is Iā€™ve spent a lot of money probably over $1,000 this year on expansions, extra packs, and now mercenaries and itā€™s 4 hours after I was supposed to get the update and yet Iā€™m still not able to even update it and not sure if Iā€™m even going to be able to play it because of all the bugs people are reporting. So please for the love of God can a blue come in here and answer some damn questions?

2 Likes

Well, i decided to throw it aside and give it a fair and honest review.

So far spent about 20 screens of 30 watching the game disconnect and itā€™s silenced and the rewards donā€™t seem that great or rewarding.

The gameplay seems stale and takes longer than it should. itā€™s kinda repeatative and kinda doesnā€™t strike a good balance between being interesting or threatening vs annoying if it was overtuned since when mercs die you just lose gameplay.

I guess it exists.

If this was a average game on google play iā€™d rate.

Gameplay: 2.5 / 5. Kinda stale and boring. It somehow takes all the best parts of old Jrpgs like FF7, Turn based combat, 3 move pokemon, and the graphics of Runescape chronicles, one of itā€™s own knockoffs and delivers the bestā€¦ a frozen soundless screen can offer?

Excitement playing: 2/5 Ehh. itā€™s kinda boring, but at least thereā€™s a narrator for story mode now, that helps it a bit.

Soundtrack: 3/5. Itā€™s okay, at least they added it.

Good things to say.:ā€¦ Theā€¦ Animation team is always Bomb as always and the soundtrack vs mute was niceā€¦ Uhā€¦

I donā€™t know, i guess if you want something honestly positiveā€¦ The game only has up to go???

I guess for reference a game like Runescape chronicles i would have rated like 4/5 at the time. Not stellar, but decent quality game with fun graphics, interesting gameplay, and really fun unique twist. It started off a hearthstone knockoff sure, but when i was playing Hearthstone mercs all i could feel was. "Man, mercenaries feels like how Chronicles wanted to feel all the time. if it didnā€™t get Jagexed and killed off day 1 for not being a instant day 1 esport, and less f2p friendly somehow than itā€™s competitor, and killed off by itā€™s own bumbling 2010 studio, it could have been a really fun game. "

I guess if youā€™re ever looking for new modes to try and rip, a 3d version of Runescape Chronicles in Hearthstone might be neat. It did start off itā€™s own knockoff, but the gameplay was actually fun, if it was just f2p friendlier im sure it could have been a big success since the gameplay was always fun, it just wasnā€™t f2p friendly so you couldnā€™t stay in the game and earn anything so people left but the gameplay was good.

1 Like

It is 11pm on 12th October, mercenaries is still not live for me. I thought it was live today, and on this post and on twitter it says its live. I donā€™t understandā€¦

1 Like

Anyone having an issue where they cannot complete the tutorial because the cart isnt available to build in the workshop? Wtf Blizzard?

1 Like

Intel. Is the game even natively available on M1s, or are you just going via Rosetta?

Blizzard historically does not comment much here in the forums. Youā€™re more likely to get responses via Twitter or Reddit. Iā€™m not going to say that itā€™s the way it should be; itā€™s not, but it seems to be the way they work.

Ok, I thought Battlegrounds was bad, but thisā€¦OMG, this is even worse. Its boringā€¦and there are hundreds of similar games out there like it. Fell asleep halfway through the tutorial, which I HAVE to complete in order to open up some freebie packs (that most likely Ill never use).
geeezeā€¦

1 Like

Please can I opt out of Mercenaries and get it removed from the home page ? Iā€™m really not interested in playing. Thanksā€¦

1 Like

Still canā€™t log in on Androidā€¦ Restarted a bunchā€¦

No