Hearthstone Masters Tour

Now that’s either a complete lack of talent, very bad lowroll or

Ah, that explains it xD

No matter how good of a pilot you are, if you bring dead cards in your deck, you’re going to lose when playing against the best

DK tourist card, although necessary to activate the freeze package, is a dead draw. I much more prefer the standard package, as it also has a ton of draws, but with no dead cards in the deck.

Thanks for the exhaustive recap! Very much appreciated! I feel like I watched the games now!

Btw, from your experience - “vanilla” VS list for Insanity works great for me but is it worth moving to symphony list instead?

I liked warlock for so long to really think of moving to the class decks exclusively in the memory of quest warlock which let me to get to legend back when I started the game. Still I’d miss many cards at the moment so wonder if this will be a good investment or a waste of resources.

1 Like

What a waste of time for a little dust

1 Like

I don’t have the experience of playing the deck without Symphony, ever

I’m not sure which one is better. I used to trust VS, but I’ve had much more success copying the highest (or 2nd highest, depending on how big the samples are) winrate decklist from Hsguru than from VS, so I stopped looking at VS decks

However, most of the pros are playing the no-symphony list on the MT, so I guess that one’s better. Although, most of them are also running Photographer Fizzle, which seems redundant in this meta without warriors and it’s not a part of the VS deck.

As you can see, plenty of conflicting information xD The thing is, the difference in winrates between symphony and non-symphony is probably not big enough to warrant spending 1600 dust on if you don’t already have it.

If you do have it, I guess it’s a matter of taste.

My list runs 1x reverb and symphony instead of 2nd party fiend and 2nd domino effect and I’ve had good score with it (went 11-0, and from there to 12-4 and then I just gave up playing the deck because when you lose, it’s very agonizing - it means both of your crescendos and pupils were in last 5-10 cards cuz your draw is INSANE)

Absolutely

I wouldn’t recommend unless you really enjoy watching the tournament (which I do)

I love how the final match for today was decided by RNG. Wave of Nostalgia. Hits the one enemy minion with the 10/10 reborn divine shield colossus. lol GG.

And then the commentators were saying “Shaman isn’t doing that well this tournament because it’s just trying to play fairly”…yeah. Exactly, my man. Druid and Warlocks are just too much of powerhouses that even super strong decks seem like “fair” decks.

When Druid hit his draw combo, the one commentator said “that’s it it’s over” and the other guy says something like “you’re calling it early, huh?”. No, he called it perfectly. When Druid gets its draw and is able to dump 30/40 stats on board and you only have 6 mana to respond, it IS over. You aren’t coming back.

I also hate how the Warlock player won relying on RNG rather than using their 2 mana spell to remove their own minion THEN using Gemtosser for guaranteed lethal, but used the Gemtosser and it still hit lethal but he left it up to chance with leaving minions on board.

Overall, Druid and Warlock OP and other super strong decks simply look “fair” in comparison.

Haven’t we all had enough of Dragon Druid and Insanity Warlock already?

2 Likes

Day 2 quick recap:
Lots of bans of Priest and Rogue. Druid, Priest, Rogue, and Insanity Warlock are often winning.

Group C

1. Maxiebon1234 – Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Warlock
  2. GamerRVG – Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Warlock
  3. Photon – Priest, Warlock (Pain), Druid, Rogue
  4. Gaby – Priest, Nature Shaman, Spell Druid, Rogue

Maxiebon1234 won the winners match over GamerRVG (3-1).
GamerRVG beat Photon (3-2) to get 2nd place.

Group D

1. incurro – Priest, Rogue, Druid, Warlock
  2. KT8298 – DK, Priest, Warlock, Druid
  3. OgO – Druid, Frost DK, Evolve Shaman, Paladin
  4. Mesmile – Evolve Shaman, Warlock, DK, Priest

incurro won the winner’s match (3-2) over OgO.
KT8298 took 2nd place with back to back reverse sweeps. First, beating Mesmile’s DK 3 times, then beating OgO’s Evolve Shaman 3 times.

1 Like

What are the ranks (in the actual game) of those people? Some of them looked very smart (and I guess top 100), but some of them looked more like “career competitionists”.

So Fury, Maur1, gyu, McBanterFace, Maxiebon, GamerRVG, Incurro and KT left?

Interesting

Fury vs Maxie in the finals, go go go!

MT qualifications last for 2 months on the ladder - June and July for this one were qualifying seasons

Those are the 16 best ranked players in those 2 months across all the 3 servers:

• 12 slots go to top 4 ranks in each region,
  • 4 slots go to 4 players with highest total points in those two months, no matter the region (which is why they usually most come from APAC, the least competitive server)

So those are all players who often end up in the top 20, but some of them almost always end up top 10. For example, ouikyou and FuryHunter were both playing in the previous MT 4 months ago and both have double-digit tournament wins in their career.

There are no tournaments you can play and win to end up on the MT. There are no “wild card” invites like in tennis. These are the best players in the game, and most of them have been for a while.

2 Likes

Some top players appear to not go at all, do they just fill the spots with the ones after them in ranks?

Though if it’s based ONLY on the real ladders it should be easy to only have very good players.

How else?

You need 2 rank 10 finishes in a row to even have a chance to qualify, but mostly one of those finishes also has to be a top 3 finish.

Maur1 was rank 1 last month on EU server
Superman was rank 3 last month on EU, rank 1 on EU 2 months ago
Maxiebon was rank 2 on APAC last month
gyu was rank 1 on America last month
Jarla was rank 6 on APAC last month, rank 3 on America 2 months ago, and had top 5 finishes on all servers in both months
Incurro was rank 1 on America 2 months ago and top 3 finishes on every server last month
Furyhunter is a guy with most rank 1 finishes in whole history. You haven’t seen an egomaniac before in your life if you haven’t seen him talk. I’m humble compared to him.

These are the beasts and you can only play against them once you hit like rank 50 or something, depending on the day of the season, because their MMR is so high they might as well be playing a different game.

I’ve consistently ended up top 200 for months, and I’ve only played against GamerRVG once and lost and against Photon twice, and lost both times. I’ve played against MeSmile many times, because he’s not that good as the others, he must have highrolled his way into the tournament, but the rest of them are literally on another level.

1 Like

They combine three abilities with each ability progressively harder to find. a) Calm b) knowledge c) intelligence. Most people tilt (a); most people don’t know all the cards of the game perfectly (b); and especially very few people are intelligent enough to play their cards perfectly when the board is developed and multiple futures are open (c).

IF ANYONE is interested in how powerful the new Water Rogue deck is. Gamer RVG just played a match with it. He made an error in his first game with it and it cost him the match(IE: Hand tracking mistake). In his second game he popped off and showed just how powerful the deck is but exactly why few players can play it correctly. It was like watching a master class in hand tracking, speed play and knowing interactions. Good stuff to watch.

Alright, I just tuned in, what are we watching right now?

McBanter vs Maxie for…what? Is this the finals?

EDIT: So this was semifinals, I can’t believe McBanterFace kicked out Furyhunter…eh, the coin got flipped, I suppose

I saw Maxie vs mcbanter.

Man Maxie high rolled twice. But I enjoy watching Mc banter he played correctly, making the play that maximizes chance to win, Maxie high rolled two games, then the third.

Really hard watching a tournament where the better player repeated loses to RNG and high rolls. Like a pro losing to an amateur.

Reminds me why I don’t play this game anymore.

1 Like

I mean, it’s like you never played in the top ranks xD

There’s no skill difference between them. There’s only deck matchup difference and RNG difference.

What else do you expect?

The point of these tournaments is to be consistent, and sooner or later RNG should be on your side.

You’re basically just flipping coins until someone gets to 12-15 wins 1st, game over.

The only thing going for the experienced pros is the experience and lack of performance anxiety which comes with the lack of experience.

But since all of them are pretty much veterans by now, that variable is out the window. This is pure coin flipping.

EDIT: case in point, the way Gamer just ended it, by going for a 50-50 xD

Pretty much just proves my point.

I mean McBanter took it in stride. He knew he made the correct plays but RNG got him. I expect nothing less from the finals to be honest. Only difference will be if the Rogue player plays perfectly. Rogue is probably the least RNG at this point of them all.

Also Insanity Warlock is a deck that has inevitability. Games don’t last long when that deck is in the match. They either lose spectacularly or win the same way.

Yeah, when it highrolls

When it lowrolls, things turn ugly, which is why people play it for a few days and then give up

Rare are the players who can take the lowrolls with any of the warlock decks, because those decks depend on 4 cards to win, and sometimes those 4 cards will just be your last cards left in the deck, for literal days.

That’s what i meant. It’s a deck that swings wildly in play. It can just fall on it’s face or have the crescendo’s and PopGar in hand from the go. Maxie just happen to always get Popgar.

1 Like