Hearthstone lagging 15 minutes later (android)

Since Ashes of outland update the game is lagging after 15 minutes of gameplay. I am an Android user ( Huawei P30 Pro) and my mobile has 8gb RAM even the latest patch didn’t help. I posted on Reddit and other users are having the same issue.
I don’t have access to laptop or PC and this is unfair on us mobile users. I have been playing since 2015. The latest patch did nothing. I wish you guys can get the things back to normal.

Try playing BattleGround on Android, you will lose because of the lag, it is that severe. Buying and selling minions takes at least 10 seconds. I have to restart the game whilst I’m in the game in order to make it stop lagging. I never had this issue before

Same happening here, but just since yesterday’s patch.

Issue: The animation gets progressively laggier over the course of about 15-20 minutes to the point that the game is not playable. It starts out normal > gets a little annoying > gets pretty bad, but manageable > up until you start skipping your turns because the animations lag so hard that by the time they catch up you already roped. It’s a slow buildup.

I am using a Google Pixel 2. Current version of Android.

I have also tried closing all background apps and processes and it doesn’t make a difference.

I thought I had issues with my phone until a friend told me the same thing. I restart the app halfway through. It works fine and then the same lagging continues.
Let’s hope they fix this issue.

Same here. I’m playing on a new amazon fire tab. It worked great till the last patch. BLIZZARD PLEASE FIX!!!

This has fixed the issue for me:
I noticed in the settings menu there was a button called “Asset Download” which said something like paused or disabled in red text below it. I clicked into that setting and clicked enabled, it immediately went back to disabled. I restarted the app and tried it again and then it stayed on enabled and downloaded some additional assets. I had never seen this button before, but after downloading the assets I appear to be lag free!

1 Like

This issue also happening to me in mobile version.
Im using Samsung Galaxy S9 which works well before the patch.
Please fix, even sometimes minion attacking doesnt have animation

Same for me, I cannot play more than 1 or 2 games. Please fix.

Android honor 6a

I’m having the same issue with lag after 10 minutes Android gameplay. It’s 100% not a device issue as my tablet is new. Also noticed the game play sound effects disappeared a days back after the latest update. Tried reinstalling and clearing data and cache and does nothing. BLIZZARD PLEASE FIX THIS ANDROID BUG ASAP.

I downloaded the assets but it didn’t work for me.
Thanks for your message and I’m glad that it worked for you.

It fixed the issue for me as well. Thanks!

Until blizzard resolves this issue, in the middle of your game, just restart HS it is a temporary fix.

Thats odd, I get the opposite from downloading assets for lag in ranked play.

This iOS device also gets severe lag while BG.

Same for me, I cannot play more than 1 or 2 games.

LENOVO Yoga Smart Tab YT-X705X, Android 9.0

Same issue. Blizzard games are fun.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.