Hearthstone is not included at Blizzcon 2023?!

1. Whole app player base is increasing. This doesn’t necessarily mean that ranked player base is increasing.
  2. More importantly, the primary function that free to players perform is acting as opponents for paid players. If blizzard has bots that are indistinguishable from human players, Blizzard can kick all free to play players off of the service and demand a subscription from everyone.
1 Like

They have a warning about using their data as hard facts because there is some inaccuracy inherent in their method. It would be irresponsible of them not to include that kind of caveat.

Aside from the passage with the warning, they also have passages with descriptions of their sources and some of their methodology. They clearly believe that their data is at least a reasonable reflection of reality. If they didn’t they would just randomly generate it, or even better - not maintain a website analyzing it.

Just because data requires some amount of care to interpret properly doesn’t make it useless.

3 Likes

You think inaccurate information can be useful through interpretation?

This forum never ceases to amaze me

Of course it can. Nearly all data you use in the actual world, including your senses, is inaccurate to some extent. Modeling, approximation, and error management are at the core of most ways in which we understand the world.

2 Likes

Please stay away from anything analytic related. god only knows what nonsense you’d be telling people…

Citation required.

I’m a mathematician. It’s been working out very well for me. I’m hesitant to change careers this late in the game, but if you say I should then I guess that’s for the best.

God, my colleagues, and the referees at the journals.

How many times do you need to read it? HS is part of the Warcraft universe.

I don’t care at all about BlizzCon, but thanks to you, I will be checking to see what they say about HS and coming back here to ask you why HS was there when you said it wasn’t supposed to be.

1 Like

Because bots are the reason this data has been increasing.
At least that would be my guess.

Though scrottie also picked an absolute low as reference point which makes it a bit tricky to read this data.

1 Like

Better than your argument that “Hearthstone is declining because I feel like it is.”

1 Like

HS E-sports is dying because the game doesn’t have the same popularity that it used to. It’s not rocket science dude. Now, as for why? Probably because of the garbage design direction and horrible balancing decisions.

1 Like

That would be the ultimate embarrassment is if they were including bots in their player count. Boosting your own player count with Bots LOL. That would be awesome if it was true.