Hearthstone is not included at Blizzcon 2023?!

What do they have to get people excited about? twist LOL?? Until they make some major personnel changes at team 5 we’re getting more garbage 3 times a year.

there are probably ongoing investigations on hearthstone regarding the fake rng and pay2win manipulation that comes from the blizzard algorithms, i’m sure we may see some gelke in the coming months

The Blizzard quote in the opening post said the following:

The quote emphasizes universes, not games. They seem to want to create an immersive experience where you can experience the lore of each of their worlds. They named one of these universes Warcraft.

To get around this, you claim:

I honestly can’t tell the difference. The two games share: characters, events, locations, classes, items, names of abilities, races, monsters, etc. If this is not what is meant by a universe, then I don’t know what is.

I have to admit that I’m stumped by the length people will go to look for a conspiracy without any actual evidence. It sounds exhausting.

If you want to believe that Hearthstone won’t be represented in Blizzcon and the above doesn’t convince you, that’s fine. We’ll let reality be the arbiter of truth.

1 Like

Its no conspiracy. Show me a single other Blizzcon announcement in which HS and Warcraft are combined into a singular entity.

You are making assumptions, not me. No mention of the Hearthstone title is factual. You are assuming its an oversight and included in Warcraft, despite the two titles never being combined like that in the past.

I will wait for official confirmation as to whether or not HS is gonna be at Blizzcon. As it stands, its not. So unless youre dev, dont make claims that contradict the OFFICIAL statement!

Do you know that Hearthstone was called “Hearthstone - Heroes of Warcraft” in the past? Even if they removed the the second part to make it more universally HS never lost it’s roots being part of the Warcraft universe.

Also consider what Schyla said that HS was indirectly mentioned as “tavern”.

Yes, I am aware of that. It lost the Heroes of Warcraft moniker years ago, as you know.
Indeed, it has not been Heores of Warcraft for longer than it was.

Diablo is not in Azeroth, is he?

There is no mention of HS, thats fact. SAnd you have to make assumptions to say it is.

Less than 10 seconds of searching provided me with this official Blizzard announcement from 2022 posted on Blizzard’s website that explicitly lumps both WoW and Hearthstone into the Warcraft universe.

I can’t post links, so replace the commas between worldofwarcraft, blizzard, and com with periods.

worldofwarcraft,blizzard,com/en-us/news/23783584/save-the-date-the-future-of-warcraft

In the first paragraph it contains this quote:

For nearly 28 years, the Warcraft Universe has ignited imaginations across the globe through rich storytelling and expansive worlds. It has built the very foundation for World of Warcraft and Hearthstone , providing entertainment, community, and competition for millions globally.

They then proceed to talk about the development of both games, as well as a potential third game set in that universe. It may not be a Blizzcon announcement, but it’s as clear an indicator as you can get that Blizzard officially considers both games to be in the Warcraft universe.

I think it’s unlikely that this, or anything else I say, will convince you. That’s fine by me. You’ll just have to wait until Blizzcon and see.

3 Likes

Is Diablo an permanent inclusion in HS? No, it’s just temporary. Don’t you wonder why?

Is Diablo in Azeroth/the warcraft universe?

Maybe because its a DIFFERENT TITLE. Just like HS is a different title to Warcraft!

Only Warcraft was mentioned, so I will wait for official confirmation instead of assuming they are both included.

No Diablo isn’t part of Azeroth, but he isn’t a permanent figure of HS either, but just temporary for promotion. Why isn’t he permanent? Why aren’t there more characters as cards from other universe, but mostly warcraft characters?

And why do you ignore what Schyla said?

Is Diablo in HS, yes or no?

Permanent or not is irrelevant, its a different title. One which was also specified. UNLIKE HEARTHSTONE!

Unless you are a Dev who can say for sure, you need to shut it. As worded HS is not gonna be represented at Blizzcon. It possibly will be, but going by the words, its not a guarantee.

And I didnt ignore what Schyla said, I acknowledged it. Its still requires faith based on incomplete info to believe wholheartedly. Faith I dont have.

They have NEVER advertised in that fashion, so until confirmation is provided, by an official, I will interpret it as stated - NO HEARTHSTONE AT BLIZZCON.

Unlike you, I read what is written, not what I assume. No mention of HS means no HS to me.

So, Yusuke, you strike me as a reasonable person who is not prone to going to great extents to use nonsensical reasoning to justify imaginary issues. How is your day going?

1 Like

The playerbase for Hearthstone as an overall app has been increasing since autumn of 2020, according to data from activeplayer dot io. Your salty opinion is not fact.

2 Likes

activeplayer also makes it clear the numbers presented are estimated and not official.

The level of stupidity in your argument is astounding.

The point is that there is no reason why Hearthstone is declining because Hearthstone is not declining. Maybe, although we can’t be sure, the majority of players who were playing in 2020 are no longer playing — but if so, then even more new players have come in to replace those who left. In any case, Blizzard isn’t going to cry about those players leaving. They’re winning, at least for now.

Brief word of warning: this is not the kind of thread where this kind of argument will get you anywhere.

I realized that last night. I was arguing against a particularly nonsensical claim, and I had a realization in the middle of writing a reply that made me immediately disengage.

This is not a debate. This is a support room for people who are looking to be upset about a conspiracy theory. Nothing you say will convince the people who hold it, because they’re not looking to be convinced. They just want to be upset.

Eventually, when Hearthstone is represented at Blizzcon, they’ll forget about it and find something else to be upset about.

The only point worth noting here is you obviously fell into a confirmation bias mindset and glossed over the part that reads “Many of these online game counters are just estimated data and must not be used as a factual reference

If you’re going to link/site/reference sources, make sure you actually read them before using them as the foundation of your argument.

I’m not a fan of this kind of argument. To me, it’s a form of nihilism.

Almost every source of data in the real world comes with an error term. They all involve estimates. This means that you should be skeptical of data based claims in the resolution of the window of error. It doesn’t mean that such sources of data are completely useless for making informed claims. It’s unfortunate that data is messy, but the alternative to using it is to not make any reality based claims at all.

You should absolutely be skeptical of activeplayer dot io’s claim that Hearthstone gained exactly 67,381 players in the last 30 days. That’s just an artifact of the estimate. On the other hand, the website shows a steady and significant increase in players over the past three years. That’s not a claim that can be discounted easily.

Activeplayer dot io is not basing their numbers on their intuition, or the shape of the clouds, or the readings of their haruspex. They’re looking at actual data for their estimates. When that data shows a consistent and significant trend, there’s a reason for it.

1 Like

If it is increasing why do they need bots?

No one cares.

They are when it clearly states not to take them as fact. Or do you just have your own definition of the word “informed”? :rofl: