Hearthstone Gift Cards

There used to be Battle.net physical gift cards you could buy. It doesn’t seem like they are produced anymore.

Can Battle.net physical gift cards be brought back? Many people prefer to give physical gift cards over digital ones. We need some with Hearthstone art on them!

Seems like money left on the table. I know my friends and relatives would buy some if they could find them.

1 Like

I’d like one as well… when you find them you can buy me one and send it my way so I can buy more wild cards :slight_smile:

They still sell them at CVS(US) and Gamestop(US) where I live. Last time I used one, I redeemed it for some wild cards, where I unpacked pen flinger.

Have you seen them recently? I don’t see anything when I search their sites.

You wont, as they are things you must get in the physical store. As they provide no profit at all for the stores than to bring people into them to hopefully buy other items as well. The online store would sell you digital giftcards if at all, because they already make no profit from them, shipping costs would be a good reason to not have them at all anymore. Go to a CVS/WalGreens/GameStop/Kroger/whatever your local flavor of these might be. Find their big endcap of giftcards to everywhere from Best Buy to Bass Pro Shop to Blizzard and Nintendo and XboX. Might get lucky and find Hearthstone artwork Blizzard ones. Prolly just find Blizzard generic art ones tho. Same end result but not the artwork you on the hunt for.

To say nothing of the digital versions they had at nearly every retailer online.

source: dude, trust me.

Like any item they sell from a third party vendor, a retailer takes a percentage of the sales. No one sells your stuff for free, or because you “hopefully buy other items as well.”

A business operates on sounds business practice, not hope and unicorns (the irony, from the “actiblizz is running a business” crowd). If your stuff is taking up shelf space that would hold something that WOULD sell, your non selling items will be sent back. Period.

I asked more than one vendor who had these items (both physical and digital versions) pulled from their shelves in the middle of the pandemic, and they all confirmed it was done by actiblizz.

So once again actiblizz made a decision to screw over their players in the middle of the pandemic, for no other reason than they could. The digital ones literally just require a new batch to be ran through a computer and sent to the retailer’s systems (e.g. amazon). So it’s just pure laziness they didn’t bother running them for online companies they partnered with at a time when physical locations were closed.

1 Like

Yes. I bought two for my brother-in-law this past christmas. At gamestop.