Hearthstone Battlegrounds time is not enough

battleground time is not enough in mid/late game… it needs at least +20 more seconds. why we have to play like crazy fast ? it’s too stressful sometimes when you have good cards to pic, combos x3, to buff etc… to think the choices a bit maybe… animation delays… slow combat using deathrattle cards… and then you have no time left…

30 Likes

In the late game there’s just too much time honestly. Sometimes you have to wait for over a minute.

3 Likes

Are you playing on mobile? I’ve noticed on my PCs it’s fine but on the tablet and phone the later turns are lagging a lot during the fight phase and it leaves me with less than 30 seconds a lot of the time to take my turn

10 Likes

On some turns you have ridiculously too much time - waiting for 90-+ seconds. And on some turns there is ridiculously not enough time and you could really use another 90 seconds… I’m not sure of how exactly it all works but the timing feels pretty unbalanced and probably needs to be reconsidered. I noticed that turns get shorter as the game progress so you have more to do AND less time to do it in which makes no sense.

18 Likes

Lost a game due to ridiculous short time between a long battle. The rope started at beginning of tavern!

Penalized for long battle.

15 Likes

its way to short,its so dumb. If it has to be like this,spamming cards and pick biggest minion without thinking,then nvm this game.
We need like 2 minutes in the tavern,preferably at the cost of all the animations during the game itself. The combat itself can be played way faster.
Some turns its easy,you done in 5 seconds,other turns you need 1 minute+ which you never have unless your battle was fast.
You need a lot of time when it gets complicated,usually with a full board. And with board full the battle takes long which makes you have no time left in the tavern.
Even the streamers,they cant finish their turns properly.

If I had 5 minutes per turn then could play the game perfect without a single mistake.

8 Likes

If every turn was 5 minutes the game would be awful. We’re looking at hour long games. The problem with longer times is that it doesn’t stop when it’s convenient for you - it’s going to be long for everyone. So it’s a tricky balance… But something needs to be done. I don’t know how I feel about skipping animations but maybe that’s what needs to happen.

2 Likes

Just cut first two turns as it is obvious what you’re doing during them and add the time for later

1 Like

there’s already too much time for each turn, you should play some fps sometimes to reduce your brainlag

3 Likes

I agree we need more time because of animation that take way too long. Even if you have Godly APM sometimes you just can’t do the best turn because animations screw you over. Also sucks if you have a long battle with a bunch of tokens and animations you lose half your turn compared to others in the lobby that had short battles. You shouldn’t be penalized for animations and battle length everyone should have the same time between rounds to build their team.

5 Likes

One reason why I like Battlegrounds is because it punishes slower people. Stressful? Maybe if you play with phone but not on PC.

It’s because your device isn’t optimized to run Battlegrounds.

You should get like 60-90 seconds in the mid/late game. If you are only getting 20-30 seconds it’s because your device is lagging behind everyone else on the battle animations and it’s eating into your recruitment phase time.

The tell-tell sign that your device is too slow is you will get Level Up and Buying notifications from the other players in your game while you are still in mid-battle with your opponent! That means your opponents are already in the recruitment phase.

I lost plenty of games due to lagg on my Samsung S9, after selling or buying it tend to freeze and I miss out putting the card on the table etc

Ok so Mech vs Mech with tons of 1/1 spawns on both sides for example making the battle long just means that your device is too slow that’s why people are in recruitment phase for line 20 seconds before you only on that 1 round huh? I don’t buy it.

1 Like

Timer Issues

1. The Timer in each round is seemingly random and INCONSISTENT. It is also unfair to players to have or vs opponents w death-rattles or other drawn-out fights. (The theory as to why the timer is inconsistent is that the timer for each round combines Combat and Recruit together so if your Combat takes a long time, you have less time for Recruit.)

2. Some rounds such as the early rounds or the super late rounds, the Timer is TOO LONG and Everyone has to wait when Everyone is already finished.

3. Some rounds when Combat takes too long, the timer is actually TOO SHORT - no time left for Recruit. This is unfair to count Combat as part of the timer. Especially when the timer is not even displayed during Combat, and only shown during Recruit.

Proposed Solutions

1. Combat to NOT count as part of timer. Everyone will wait for combat of all players to finish before their Recruit start. This will give everyone the same and consistent amount of time during Recruit.

2. Shorten the timers for Recruit. Make the timer for the 1st 3 rounds to be 20 seconds. Timer for rest of game is 40 seconds. This is about 50% of how much the timer (that included combat) is now most of time. This will save time and also make the timer consistent.

_And this Key solution:

1. Add a Time Bank of 60 seconds to each player for the entire duration of the match. This will compensate for the shorten time of each rounds. This solution makes it Fair for the entire match yet provides flexibility for the player.
    (The Time Bank is activated only when user click Time Bank button and the Recruit Timer has ran out. The Time Bank then counts down from 60 seconds. Player can stop the Time Bank to end the round and Save the remaining time in the Time Bank for future rounds.)

(note that the ready button others proposed will actually make the game much longer because the default action is no action, at least someone in the group of 8 will be taking their time and this will not work. It doesn’t solve the issue where there is NOT enough time. And if you want to solve this by increasing the amount of time and add a Ready button. You now make the game much longer.)

11 Likes

Yep, and this isn’t just some “l2p” or apm issue: turns 6-8 can be ridiculously short, especially if you’re rerolling a lot or are going for a triple (and have to wait for the dumb discover card to spawn in your hand, and then pick the card you want, and then play it, time that all adds up), but meanwhile, the final turns against the last 2-3 people can have you waiting close to a minute with nothing to do.

2 Likes

“Too much time” is not a thing… You can tab out for 90 seconds… I’m sure almost everyone multitasks watching netflix or maybe playing a mobile if you’re on Desktop like me… When you have a Golden Brann… Trust me, it’s not nearly enough time… I could have used at least 30 more seconds and I probably only took 10 seconds total thinking.

1 Like

Plus… Sometimes you get 90 seconds, sometimes you only get 40 seconds… It seems to depend on how long YOUR fight takes versus theirs. If there’s a long fight going on, it doesn’t seem like you’re getting a standard amount of time, it puts you right in at 48 seconds, ,and when you need to click through a couple times, find your triple, buff to not waste gold, use your triple, pick your option, if you have a discover a murloc card, pick 2 maybe THREE murlocs, etc… It’s so annoying to go into the last fight versus a guy you probably could stomp and lose because your 200 health Annil BM is on the bench while Brann and a 3/2 murloc is in his place, and you have 6 gold left over… And that’s exactly what just happened to me.

2 Likes

The problem is simple:

Do you really want to waste your brainpower memorizing the stats of every creature in the game and the associated image?

If not, then you have to waste a few of your very limited seconds of play mousing over the cards and speed-reading the text to see what’s available.

Personally, I don’t expect there to be a HUGE HUGE HUGE advantage in a card game based on quick image recognition and mindless rote memorization.

Unfortunately, in this game, there is a gigantic advantage in knowing exactly what the available cards do just via a quick glimpse at the image.

STUPID way to win or lose a card game.

I’d prefer not to have to waste my memory on useless garbage. Give me about 2 seconds extra per card just to mouse over it and see what the heck it is. So maybe 20 or so extra seconds per round.

Yes, the recruit timer needs to be standardized so it starts when the LAST player enters their tavern after completing combat, not start when the first player finishes combat.

I’ve just had two games in a row where I missed out on playing 1 or 2 key cards from my hand when I was in the top 4.

5 Likes