Have you been seeing the new merc portraits?

some appear to be taken from other cards some I don’t recognize but I’m new only having joined when mercenaries was added. I’ve seen a new xyrella (neat, don’t recognize), tavish (recognize), and cariel (don’t recognize).

this has me apprehensive for 2 reasons.

1. I don’t feel like adding purchasable portraits is a fair tradeoff for excess coins if that’s their plan, especially given that save for xyrella they’re far from impressive and …
  2. adding more portraits waters down the already ridiculous portrait pool, at least if they were to add more legendary and rare portraits which are already difficult to come by pack-wise.

I’m not sure where you’re seeing those supposedly new portraits.

I have seen several of them used by enemy mercs in bounties. At least Xyrella, Morgl, Cariel, Tavish, Millhouse, and Bru’kan. They have all been for rare mercenaries which I don’t mind getting more portraits as you get all of those really fast anyways.

Seen hostile mercs wearing some of these:

• Morgl as a deep one
  • Xyrella wearing clothing from a Sci-Fi
  • Cariel on a horse

But I don’t see these when browsing what I can pick for said characters.

My guess is these might be rewards from next expansions leveling track.

I’m amused that the new Cariel-on-a-horse portrait appears as a Giantfin on the map. :rofl:

All of the new ones do because they don’t have coin versions of those pictures yet.

1 Like

precisely … I remember this being a thing when the mode just came out too.

What I noticed is that the art quality is inferior to anything previous.

And what’s up with Baine’s fearful gaze?

agreed and I feel like the new art has been inconsistent dating back to at least chi-ji – the golden portrait awarded I felt was terrible. some of the new naga ones strike me as bad as well.

So, it would appear that some of these new portraits (at least the ‘robot’ Xyrella… Has anyone seen the new looks of Millhouse and Tyrande in bounties?), which, if memory serves, we have been seeing since 23.4, were included in patch 23.6 as free awards for those who had completed the tutorial by then. Any datamined leaks or information on the rest of them?

I’ve seen the new potrait of Tyrande, which has been gifted to players, recently in a bounty encounter.

Besides, I believe no one has mentioned Rokara yet.

So, as for new portraits spotted during bounties so far, here is the list:

• Xyrella
  • Tavish
  • Cariel
  • Tamsin
  • Bru’kan
  • Rokara
  • Morgl
  • Millhouse
  • Tyrande

Am I missing anything?

Updated: Tamsin added to the list.