Has Glide Broken the Game Yet?

I’ve got a 100 dollars riding on Glide not breaking the game (or the meta for that matter). So has there been enough time yet for people to see in action and make up their minds?

1 Like

I havent even seen it played once yet.
So far for glide destroying the entire game its been = :man_facepalming: but the meta is young yet.

2 Likes

Yeah I haven’t seen it yet, but I was mostly messing around with a memey big DH deck in the kid’s end of the bronze league swimming pool for half a dozen games or so.

LOL just as every hearthstone player with a brain predicted. seeing zero play

Thanks to all the degenerates playing (0 new cards) Aggro decks

2 Likes

I have seen it a few times.

They shuffled my Druid twice in a row and I still won. The other game I would have lost it regardless of Glide.

To be fair on glide I havent seen Illucia yet either. Its only day 1. I have seen about 20 secret passage though. Holy crap is that card busted.

1 Like

Why would glide break the game? It is insane vs control/combo decks but we’re currently in an aggro meta and i think that meta will continue into this next expansion, same story for illucia.

4 Likes

This is kind of a straw man. It’s not really what people were saying.

1 Like

I saw it, but I play midrange pally, and by the time they can use it (turn 5/6 ), I usually have less than 4 card in my hand. So not a bother for me.

Strawman is probably not the right word, exaggeration is more accurate. But even then only slight, or does this forum have such a short memory? Because I saw plenty of hysteria surrounding this card.

2 Likes

You saw the hysteria, while ignoring the message.

The thing is:

1. Aggro have dominated meta for ages so there are less combo decks to play glide against.
  2. Having glide in game decreases willingness of people to make combo decks. Atleast they try other decks like aggro, big minions and tempo etc. first.
  3. Game has plenty power cards or great tech cards that just doesn’t have targets.

Not sure should we be more worried about glide being played or that it is not actually needed because combo decks just aren’t worth it.

2 Likes

Its just day 1 folks. Glide could still be busted. Wait till VS comes out with report.

4 Likes

Judging an anti combo/control card on day one is stupid, unlike aggro, these decks require a lot of refinement to become competitive, teching against them could become viable a couple of weeks in at best.

2 Likes

Its not even remotely broken

2 Likes

No reasonable person claimed it would, but right after the reveal there were still 5+ threads on this forum about how Glide was totally super OP and would completely break the game.

3 Likes

i saw glide get cast by a box and turn a 9 card hand into 4 card hand, and thats it

Yes it has. 20 characters

Glide and mind render both exist as combo destroyers- think of them as the paper to combo’s rock. While they both exist, they force the meta away from combo decks. Pay 4 draw four is very efficient, bu while mindrender is running rampant, no one is going to complain about glide- because no one is going to play combo at all with such powerful checks on it

1 Like

I have seen it played once so far. However it is annoying to see DH getting even more disruptive cards. DH is on its way to dethrone Priest for the title of Most Insufferable Class.