Got MK11 and was thinking

Spent 70$ got a character locked behind a paywall that is unlockable in game.

Got another character as a prepurchase or I can pay to have him.

Other future characters are purchases as well.

Hearthstone 100$
Card pack opening RNG no guarentee.

MK11 characters are balanced.
Hearthstone nothing is balanced.

MK11 all characters are used (you can also pay for extra garbage too).

Hearthstone all characters are not used including cards.

Was thinking man. You don’t play games anymore. They play you. Blizzard is like Warner Brothers but worse.

2 Likes

I would also like to play Warcraft CCG fighting game too.

Reading this post about MK11 and was thinking

wait Hearthstone and MK11 have NOTHING in common.

8 Likes

Isn’t Shao Kahn a pre-order exclusive? Literally a fan-favorite character…

I’m not going to defend a multi-billion dollar company over another multi-billion dollar company.

But if you want to put Hearthstone/Blizzard in a bad lights, you must use some better examples. Not by comparing with a main-stream game like MK11, because we all know in some time after DLC aren’t selling any more there will be a MK12. Exact same game, with slightly different skins and fatalities.

It’s all same with the big entertainment companies. They all want profits and some game-developers try to make the best out of it. If you hate Blizzard or big game-company, why support another one? Play indie-games instead.

5 Likes

Wait is OP really defending MK11 microtransactions? WoW such a terrible example.

7 Likes

Wait what another MK fanatic. And exactly HS cant hold a candle to the quality of MK. never have never will. Also they dont take their players for complete idiots.

You don’t have to spend a dime on Hearthstone if you don’t want to and you can still play.

3 Likes

Nah, bruh. Warner is right up there with EA. Blizzard is certainly chasing that number one spot, but Warner and EA are favored to win.

2 Likes

I put my money on EA a long time ago. Honestly, is there ANYTHING in the gaming scene worse than the sports franchises?

I like Madden and Fifa but it is so hard to justify. I tend to buy them every 3rd year or so which makes it hard to be in a franchise league and grow in a community but when you buy them back-to-back it kind of feels bad.

Like many people who like to compare HS to X… why compare it to a non-CCG (or similar) game? There is enough to criticize HS on when just comparing it to MtG:A for instance.

While yes, all games fall under ‘entertainment budget’ so there is some competition just because none of us have infinite time or infinite resources I’m not going to really look at Grim Dawn, Frostpunk, or Total War: Warhammer as examples of what HS should be doing or value of those games comparatively. They’re too different in my opinion to say “game A should learn from game B”

3 Likes

When it comes to monetization, Hearthstone is a cheap game:

https://imgur.com/a/LyMwewi

Boy are you high right now.

Blizzard would be happy implement the fighting game business model. It would let them sell their audience the same characters over and over again in each annual iteration.

Coming soon, Hearthstone 2. Look forward to buying the same cards for the same classes all over again. Preorder now if you want to be able to play Mage.

1 Like

I admit I was wrong.

For the other comments. eats popcorn

1 Like

Overwatch despite being rubbish now, is $60 everything unlocked, not all heroes are balanced and but you can play them all. Since the beginning till the game dies, new heroes and content are released and you can play them all. But maybe its wrong to compare an fps to a ccg, after all this is how they make money out of hs. And to be fair, on paper its possible to unlock all the cards through gold which means everything is technically free.

This is the crux of the issue here.

You could always take a video game (or heck, a board game) and compare it to a CCG and make the CCG look expensive. The difference nowadays is that back in the day you couldn’t participate in CCGs for free without relying on folks just giving you cards out of the goodness of their heart. WIth digital CCGs like HS and MtG:A, playing for free or only spending a couple bucks here and their for deals like new player bundles it entirely possible.

Um, that was literally the entire point of Standard…

1 Like

I got an orange…and guess what? It was nothing like an apple!
Unreal right?:upside_down_face:

5 Likes

No I don’t mean similar cards, cards that do similar things without different numbers. I mean buying the core set over and over again and never doing anything new.

So which of those is the ripoff? The orange or the apple?

1 Like

Both…

Haha! Rotten fruit.

You should pay a price once and own a game. Not pay for a game 2x, 3x, 4x etc just cause of greed.

At least one gives a version you can physically own. The other depends on servers running, updates, being booted, wait times, delays etc.