[Main Thread] Google Pixel 6/7 Crashing in Collection

The game keep crashing over and over , I uninstalled and reinstalled and the trouble is still there . It happens after a patch most of the time for a while now . Not sure its because of my phone because I had the same issue with my previous phone a Huaweii P30. The app seems to be just really bad and its annoying… Where is the support???

I’ve seen other people post to click the gamepad overlay icon that the pixel has for gaming settings. Set to power saver mode.

Pixel 7 user here. Same issues. And the collection freezes the app. So not only can I MAYBE get through a game without a crash, but I can only use decks I’ve already made. I also can’t create Duels Decks, or Tavern Brawl Decks, or browse cards. Completely broken, and the Devs have no clue what’s going on.

Useless

6 days in. Please resolve this issue or update us. Google Pixel 6 user.

1 Like

Pixel 6 user here and game is constantly crashing to the point it’s not playable :frowning:

Hello everyone,

The Hearthstone team continues work on a fix for the performance bug causing crashes and black screens on Google Pixel 6 and 7 devices.

As a few others have discovered, switching the game to run in Battery Saver mode may help prevent the issue.

1. Launch the Hearthstone app
  2. Swipe down from the top and click the game settings icon (a white icon with game controller)
  3. In the Game Dashboard page click Optimization
  4. Select Battery Saver mode
  5. Click Restart

Once the bug is resolved we will provide an update in this thread. Thanks to everyone that has shared their experiences and work arounds.

3 Likes

I have found a work around that temporarily fixed it for me. I set the frame rate in options to ‘High’ and was able to access the collection. However, keeping the frame rate on ‘High’ causes HS games to crash, so I had to turn it back to low before entering a game.

I am on Pixel 6 running Android 13

It worked for my Pixel 6. I can access my collection and the weekly Brawl that previously crashed. No more crash during the game!

Mine is still crashing pixel 6a android 13

1 Like

Same phone and same issues.

Crashes almost instantly when simply loading any game mode or almost any window off of the main screen. Mercenaries dies on the home page. All the other modes (Single Player, Duels, Brawl, etc) made it crash when I just selected them.

Collections are always too much to handle. It either crashes trying to initially load the collection or within a few pages.

Main screen won’t crash even if I leave it for a long time. However, more time on the home screen doesn’t make it run better. If I play a game of Battlegrounds first, I can sometimes get it to load another mode and play something else for a little while before it inevitably crashes again. Battlegrounds seems to be the only mode that will run reliably anymore. Even that will crash though, sometimes several times a game.

A couple times I tried to reinstall and that worked for about a day once, and only a minute or two another time. Then the crashing started again.

Updates seem to trigger more crashes. The maintenance on the 22nd has made it so it won’t even work after a reinstall.

Battery saver doesn’t work. Fiddling with sound and graphics settings doesn’t work.

Looks like the only thing that will work is to simply stop playing. It was a good run. It looks like ‘Battery Saver’ is the best they have for now.

Maybe if there is some kind of real update to specifically address this, I will try again. Until then, it is entirely unplayable and not worth my time.

Like the game, wish it was playable. You are going to lose your whole Pixel player base because it has been months without a fix and it’s only getting worse it seems.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Running the game in “battery saver mode” worked for me, playing on a Pixel 6a. So at least there’s that.

But this is still a big, big mistake for a professional company to make. There are thousands of people waiting for this to be fixed

1 Like

Pixel 6 here too. The game is basically unplayable. Except battlegrounds which seems to be largely unaffected. Hope a fix comes soon

1 Like

Pixel 7 pro here game still freezes and crashes everytime I go into collections. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice cleared data and cache as well neither has helped.

Pixel 6 Pro and I’ve also tried all the uninstall, clear cache, and battery saver options but it still freezes and needs to be force closed before I can resume my game (usually for about 1 or 2 turns before it happens again).

Edit: Ok so actually when I use the “Game Center” feature or whatever to ask for battery optimization, it does work. I was under the impression I was supposed to be putting the phone itself into Battery Saver Mode, which does not fix it.

I’m fine with keeping it “Optimized for Battery” until a real fix is pushed.

Same issue, impossible to play to hearthstone on my Google Pixel since the mini set update. Freeze and black screen constantly, while playing or when opening my deck collection.
Could the Hearthstone team make something to fix this issue quickly ?
Google pixel have a big market share in Smartphone market…

Same here to add to the growing statistics of Google Pixel 6 Pro users. Exactly same technical issues as mentioned already, Hearthstone is completely unplayable.

Still waiting for fix here… in battery saver mode, my game lags sooooo much (same if I have frame rate set to low, or normal, instead of high).
Come ooooon

1 Like

This fix does work.

I also notice my phone runs a lot cooler when using it, and doesn’t feel like it’s about to burn through my hand.

With normal setting my Pixel feels like it’s at 100 degrees Celsius. Wondering if this is causing the Android OS to crash Hearthstone to protect the hardware. Also I notice when the App crashes I only lose graphics, but still have sound. People have mentioning the crashes are in heavy animations area, so maybe start there?

Good luck with a permanent fix and thx for the temp one.

1 Like

Have done reinstall, even reset phone. Did not help the least.

Pixel 6 Pro, latest stable os version.

Any updates on this issue? It is basically making hearthstone unplayable for us pixel users.

1 Like