Golden packs do NOT follow pity timer rules

Apparently, Golden Classic Packs all have independent rolls for rarities, every single time.

This is weird to me, because we’ve seen a LOT of folks pulling leggos from them. I’m not gonna sit here and argue with a Blizz employee who has access to that kind of info (and even went so far as to correct themselves on it) but dang…

That sucks.

21 Likes

So…
What the…

Okay…
Hold on…
Really…?

Maaannnn!!??

Golden pack is sucks.

5 Likes

Yeah this is really weird.

4 Likes

Pretty much my reaction when one of our Discord members linked it.

Wtf.

4 Likes

I was sure someone confirmed it to have its own pity timer, but I guess I was wrong. How anticlimactic.

2 Likes

This makes no sense. Pointlessly greedy by blizzard

5 Likes

So that means…it is almost impossible to get a legendary from golden pack…if you do not have any ounce of good luck?

2 Likes

Apparently, but I’ve seen almost everyone I know get one either from this bundle or beforehand.

Something seems off. That’s a LOT of consistent luck.

2 Likes

Confirmation bias, maybe? People who do get it will think the pity timer works, people who don’t would’ve assumed they just haven’t hit the it yet.

The other alternative is that the Golden Packs don’t have a pity timer anymore. I wouldn’t put it past corporate to decide that giving away golden Legendary cards was counterproductive to meeting quarterly goals…

1 Like

You do know even before the 10 pack promise you had almost 50% to pull a legendary in that many?

It was confirmed by the dev of that twitter post that golden packs has no pity.

No you didn’t. That would imply having a 100% chance of pulling one at 20.

2 Likes

Bad decision by Blizzard, pity timer is even more important for golden packs because they are expensive, and every other sort of pack does, we have come to expect it.

No timer feels like a scam, I would be feeling pretty annoyed if I hadn’t pulled a legendary.

3 Likes

Well, there was also the behavior when they put in the guaranteed Legendary in the first 10 packs where lots of people got those Legendary drops from past expansions, despite that not being the intended way for it to work.

So, official intention may not be the same as actual function, some or most of the time.

Blizzard would like to thank you for your $15 plus tax for cards you already had except now shiny. See you at the next rip off…I mean great deal!

6 Likes

15 bucks should get you at least 1 golden legend. Come on Bliz loosen up.

6 Likes

Pretty sure the pity timer is nonexistent all over.
Bought a 40 pack and got 1 legendary.

I grabbed the golden pack bundle and got nothing but commons and rares, to add insult to injury I got dupes of commanding shout, pretty disappointed.

2 Likes

The pity timer is one legendary card every 40 packs, so it sounds about right.

1 Like

Thought the timer was around 20