Golden Cards as a Reward for Card Playing

Now that Signature Cards and Diamond Cards exist, and since the monthly rewards have long been switched from golden cards to normal booster packs, there are fewer and fewer golden cards available.

Although golden cards are quite popular, purchasing golden boosters doesn’t really pay off for most people.

The triple offering of Gold, Diamond, and Signature somehow dilutes the concept and uniqueness.

Suggestion:
Add a counter to each card that automatically upgrades the card from “normal” to “gold” after it has been played 1,000 times.
This would make them special again. Golden cards could still be drawn from boosters, which from now on would be considered an “upgrade”.

1 Like

Golden cards are cosmetic and as with any other cosmetic in the game they require some type of resource to acquire. There are some golden cards that players can get for playing the game through the rewards track, but they have to purchase the upgraded track.

I don’t know if they still give upgraded golden cards for a legendary for reaching 500 wins with a class anymore. I don’t recall getting one for DK and all my other classes hit 500 wins long time ago.

But one could argue that the dust you get at the end of the month can be used towards getting golden cards of your choice. In a way it already indirectly happens.

I don’t see Blizzard ever making a change to the cards where you get a golden copy of the card simply by playing that card 1000 times. Would be nice. I do think it would be a good idea if they did.

1 Like