Give Rogue a Board Clear

Spectral Cutlass, hooked scimitar, or waggle pick, not the hero power weapon.

But even the hero power weapon combo with deadly poison would be 3 to all enemies

Destoying your spectral cutlass is bad, hooked scimitare requires an extra card and an extra mana, using it with waggle pick defeats the purpose of waggle pick and hero power deadly poison is an extra mana and card.

where did you get the idea that 3 card 7+ mana combos just for a 3 damage AoE are good? Im getting a vibe that you don’t play or even remotely understand rogue.

Because board clear is a stated weakness for rogue

If paladin wants a board clear it requires a 2 card combo that also hurts their board and costs 8 or 9 Mana.

Warlocks spend 8 and clear their board too

Mages spend 7 to do 4 to all enemies

Priest spends 9 to wipe all minions

Warrior spend 5 and leaves 1 alive, or 8 to do 4 to all minions

I don’t know. I’m at a point where I think I should do this in every game even if I don’t face Rogues. Whether it is a counterplay, maybe future generations will find out.

Card generation is a stated weakness for Shaman and i think we both know how flat out wrong that is. Maybe don’t use the silly and flawed class identities Blizzard blew out of their bottoms as justification.

Not to mention everything you mentioned only takes 1 card in classes with other board clears and sustain tools and is around the same cost, whereas Rogue has none of the sustain or earlier boardclears to survive to the later turns, and even then has to drop 3 cards and 7-8 mana on a bloody 3 damage aoe.

How are you even typing this utter BS and not laughing at yourself?

I think you might be better off leaving Hearthstone to future generations if you try and play around vanish in standard classes that aren’t even rogue lol.

You are plainly ignoring the reality of the game.

Yes, shaman is crap, card generation is a stated weakness yet they actually have the best.

Board clears

Pally requires a 2 card combo that hurts their board, costs 8 or 9

Mage has a a 1 card cost 7 deals 4 to enemy minions

Warlock has 8 cost kill all minions

Priest has 9 cost silence and destroy or 6 cost minions attack other minions

Warrior has 5 cost kill all minions but 1 or 10 cost deal 5 to all minions

Rogue has multiple avenues of 8 cost deal 4 dahe to all enemy minions.

Just because you don’t want to do it that way doesn’t mean the option isn’t available and on relatively equal ground as other classes you’re being envious of

6*, and was 4, and I completely disagree with the nerf anyway.

Who’s disagreeing with reality? Methinks the one completely flat out lying about mana costs.

More damage and takes less then half the cards. Lol.

1 mana more for a complete clear and still less then half the card requirement.

2 more mana for a complete clear that also has a built in 4 mana card, as well as mass hysteria being 5 mana and is an amazing board clear.

At the low low price of a ridiculous card amount.

Just lol

Wild pyromancer is a neutral card and available to all classes. It can be combo with rogue abilities too but you choose not to.

Equality or shrink Ray plus consecration is the paladin specific board clear.

Can’t say it enough, board clear is a weakness of rogue, and yet they have 2 card combos that perform board clears on par with mage, warlock, paladin, and priest, and warrior.

Lete repeat this one more time.

Just because you don’t want to do it that way doesn’t mean that it isn’t available.

1 Like

To use your analogy, I guess you chose not to read above where I stated that multiple card board clears do not work in rogue because of the tempo loss making them completely unplayable :laughing:

Not to mention you can still use them individually as great board control tools, making them significantly better then rogues options. On top of that:

You said that it hurts your own board, which is a lie. That only applies to the wild pyro equality combo, which is 6 mana in a non-tempo reliant class.

In a class without the proper sustain and board control to support it lol.

Lol

Somehow any time I use equality it reduces my minions health 1 1 also, and shrink ray reduces my minions attack and health to 1, maybe I should submit a bug report since according to you that doesn’t happen.

Also apparently something is wrong with all these other classes too because somehow whenever any of those spells or.combos is used it’s a tempo loss but it’s not supposed to be?

Get real. Put the combo in and spend your whole turn to wipe the opposing board like everyone else does.

Tempo loss for board control isn’t specific to rogue.

He cannot understand rogue shd struggle to get board clear effectively. Yes it’s avail to them but at a higher cost or more cards but its avail to them. If not be like burgle rogue, steal it from the other classes.

I’d go so far as to say that the vast majority of board clears are a tempo loss. They are value tools, not tempo tools.

4 Likes

Totally agree with that

Maybe you should freshen up on your reading comprehension instead, because that isn’t what I said :wink:

Yet again, completely not what I said. I don’t see how you go from “Rogue can’t deal with the large tempo loss from multi card board clears” to “only rogues board clears are tempo losses”

Yeah, like that multi card combo twisting nether. Or hellfire. Or flamestrike. Or blizzard. Or brawl. Or mass hysteria. All those well known multi card board clears.

They are all obviously on the same power level aswell, which is why I see the 3 card combo of plague guy + pyro + random spell just as often as all the aforementioned cards.

I really don’t want to go to straight insults, but do you have some form of mental deficiency?

2 card combo, a weapon plus blade flurry. Let’s not forget you can attack with the weapon first, and most weapons only have 2 attacks anyway. So sacrifice 1 attack to deal that damage to the board, after you attacked this turn.

You know, maybe rogue needs a better way to deal with the boards being produced in the current meta.

Their representation and win rates show that they need something, but let’s be realistic in our arguments. Rogue tools to deal with the board are not a more significant tempo loss than other classes.

Rogue actually has better tools for it than Hunter or druid. I would say on par with paladin or mage (2 card combo or deal 4 damage), less efficient than priest, warlock, or shaman.

So that puts rogue squarely in the mid to bottom of the pack, which I consider to be perfectly fine when that is a stated weakness.

I fail to see what do you mean by that? What “counter”? What is the counter to aoe silence? Not buffing your minions? And to Mind Control? Not to play any powerful minion? Lol…

Vanish is same as other cards that can backfire. When you vanish battlecry minions, opponent can play them next turn without losing them so you are in a bad spot.

Only “problem” with vanish was being able to fill your opponent hand, play Oracle, shadowstep, Oracle to mill them. Though even then I do not see how is that different than other combos.

After looking through the whole debate between you and darkgeoege. It is clear in my perspective only one have mental deficiency and its not darkgeorge.

Druid first, though.

come on evil totem isnt exactly a good card generation compared to what other classes like hunter got in uldum