Give Rogue a Board Clear

Rogue needs a board clear or it is going to be forever stuck in either aggro or tier 15 status. Much of the meta right now has board swarm and is capable of quickly putting out wide boards. This makes anything like a control rogue variant impossible.

Fan of knives is not a board clear or is even remotely good in this meta. Fan of knives is actually a joke. All other classes have some way of regaining board or coming back from the opponents board advantage, rogue does not. They should release a board clear next expansion for rogue or buff fan of knives to 2 damage, even taking away the card draw.

Thinking about it, I feel that removing vanish at this time was a really boneheaded move.

2 Likes

Rogue: Rogues hide in the shadows, planning for the perfect time to strike. They may be sneaky and nimble, but they lack strong defenses and regeneration, forcing them to act quickly to incapacitate an opponent. Their innate ability to generate, draw, and burgle cards allows them to build up and execute on many synergies.

• Strengths : Combo cards, destroying individual minions, card draw, weapons, Deathrattle
  • Weaknesses : Taunt, healing, board clear, multi-minion buffs
4 Likes

You’re going to post this meme? lolololol

Shaman

WEAKNESSES: CARD GENERATION

LOLOLOLOL

9 Likes

Less board clear for all classes please :slight_smile: Control doesn’t need to be AoE AoE AoE

5 Likes

The irony is real. Shaman probably has the best card generation in game.

Also, blade flurry is a board clear. It may not be super clean or exactly what you want, but equip a weapon and blade flurry it and you can have a fairly solid aoe damage.

rogue also have the best single target removal spells in game generally. Poor druid best board clear is deal 2 damage to the board (which is not very useful too) and can’t even deal with single big threat.

1 Like

The Druid AoEs are good enough. Just other cards too OP

2 damage to the whole board is really not enough. Most 1 drop is already at 1/3. Same for paly. Except Paly actually have equality to synergise with it. Druid do not have such luxury. Druid only way to compete is board base (like token druid) or gain crazy lots of armour (in wild) or alot healing and value like quest druid. They have to fight the board one way or another to stay alive. Rogue on the other hand have very very efficient tempo tools to gain a good board early game and eliminate big threats easily. Does that restrict rogue to not be able to play control? Kinda. A class with minimal healing and board clear will almost always be restricted to mid range or aggro.

I find the very idea of only playing board clears disgusting. If you at least partially trade on board, 2 Damage to all is enough. It shouldn’t all come from hand

1 Like

If you play the quest rogue, bladefury is a real card. Otherwise … vanish?

Isn’t that what control deck do since vanilla hearthstone? Twisting nether is there since forever so is brawl. Traditional control decks always have board clear that can deal with a full board of threat.

I don’t think the OP wants rogue to be saturated with board clears.

they just want A Boardclear to help push archetypes that aren’t tempo or aggro, which is fair enough by all standards.

1 Like

why all class should be able to play control? Class identify exist and some class are just suppose to be not good in certain archtype.

so much this. This man gets it! :smiley:

1 Like

Something not existing and something simply being not that good are vastly different things.

I think a control option for rogue should simply be allowed to exist lol

1 Like

They had two copies of them in the past, not 10000 copies through redundancy and discover. There was also no Dr. Boom, Elysiana, Mecha’Thun for late game. There was Ysera.

Yeah, pretty much what Nullspace said. That’s just my opinion, but I wouldn’t want all classes to do everything even in weak forms. For example, I like very much that you know Druid has no Big Target removal. If you want to play AoEs why play Rogue? Is a Rogue with AoE even still a Rogue?

I think we are mostly gonna have to agree to disagree here, though i do understand and very much respect where you are coming from.

Even if they aren’t the best, i just think classes should have a little bit of everything. i personally like a lot of variety in classes.

Because i don’t believe its fair for certain classes to be locked into 1 archetype, and others to be locked out of archetypes.

Hanging onto flawed class identities to justify lack of variety is silly. Who thinks of paladin and then comes up with mechs and fish people?

1 Like

Rogue has the poison minion with pyro+spell or the 6 mana mech. its not great but it does clear a full board.
Its sad vanish is gone,vanish barely ever saw play. Vanish wasn’t a great card and having vanish as a board clear could already be considered a weakness. No clue what it has to go,would there be a rogue deck right now that would run vanish?

Rogue is just to tempo orientated to be able to waste 2 cards on a board clear combo that leaves you with no board advantages, and can’t be played effectively without each other. While the same combo may have been viable if it was in another class like maybe druid that can tolerate the tempo loss, rogue simply can’t.

1 Like

It’s like you want the cake and eat it. And rogue can try for a control variant, it will just be very weak.