Give Rogue a Board Clear

I don’t understand the analogy. if i want a certain type of cake, i shouldn’t be locked into raw carp flavour just because the baker doesn’t feel like it should be any other flavour

Not just very weak, completely unplayable. We just want some more decent board control cards to push an atleast tier 3/4 control-esque rogue deck.

i don’t think wanting a certain archetype to be atleast tier 4 is to much to ask for.

1 Like

The removal of vanish was stupid. It’s one thing to get inspiration from class definitions. It’s another to be a enslaved by them. Unfortunately, blizzard chose the latter. What makes the decision arbitrary is when blizzard chooses to be beholden to some class definitions and ignore others. That’s frustrating.

Vanish was a very fun card and balanced. It was not as if playing vanish was always the right decision. Nor was it subject to abuse because it was rather expensive to play. But, it at least gave rogue a chance to play the control game. That’s gone now. Because what? One dimensional classes are fun?

1 Like

While I don’t like the justification of HoF Vanish, I don’t see how you can write that and not laugh.

While i do think the fun part was a bit iffy, i do think the card was well balanced and disagree with you in that respect.

Pretty sure spectral burgle rogue is a T4 and can be consider a control deck.

When I say you want the cake and eat it is like you want to tempo and control too. Control decks always lose tempo in early turn for a big board clear to return to the game. If you want to play control rogue, why insist on the tempo?

How was vanish imbalanced? For six mana you get a quasi board clear that also cleared yours. That’s symmetry. It doesn’t help against battle cry minions. It sometimes hurts against death rattle. It has serious drawbacks.

A board clear like blizzard or flame strike or brawl doesn’t require as much thought as vanish.

I think it’s without debate that in terms of board clears, vanish wasn’t the king or the queen. Vanish is situational and usually temporary. At least with cards like brawl, the removal is permanent.

2 Likes

Okay: What is the counter play to vanish?

I can play the same game. What’s the counter play to brawl?

1 Like

Deathrattle?

It leaves a minion up?

Death rattle triggers on vanish as well if opponent’s hand is stuffed.

Do you think that’s a convincing argument? That’s two conditions now. Deathrattle + Hand stuffed.

And I also think they should remove Brawl, for RNG reasons though.

It’s just as convincing as a board full of only death rattle minions to counter brawl.

When was the last time you counterplayed vanish exactly by having a full hand and deathrattles? When was the last time you counterplayed Brawl with Deathrattles?

Im not insisting on tempo lol, im simply stating facts. Rogue is currently extremely tempo orientated and completely 1 dimensional in that respect, thats what we are complaining about

So bad it’s not even tiered, not to mention it is a tempo value deck lol

Your post is just… Wrong.

Brawl does not make you immune to deathrattle. In fact it’s one of the weaknesses of brawl is that it triggers any Dr in play. Also brawl leaves a minion up.

Vanish has neither of these drawbacks unless the opponent has a full hand, in which case vanish may trigger Dr.

If you want to make the case that rogue needs a board clear feel free to do so, but don’t be dishonest about it.

Also, weapon+blade flurry will clear most boards whether you want to admit it or not, and rogue has more tempo tools to push damage to enemy minions than most.

Classes are meant to be different.

Whens the last time you counterplayed any board clear lol?

When was the last time you countered brawl when you had no deathrattles?

Everything doesnt have to be counterable, or else we end up with a game of who drew more answers wins. you need a balance or else the game just becomes repetetive

how does a 5 mana 1 damage board clear deal with most boards?

I’ve got the impression we don’t play the same game.

Your second to last sentence very accurately describes current state of HS.

I also countered Brawl by leaving up two minions.

And I counterplay AoE in every second to third game. Even today.

So keeping plenty of hand space to be able to replay your minions isn’t counterplay?

1 Like

Not often because vanish has been HoF’ed last time I checked.

When vanish was in standard, it was marginally played because it was a weak board clear. Even if you didn’t trigger the DRs, the opponent would just replay their threats. You can’t play vanish indefinitely.

The counter play to vanish is like that of any board clear, you plan for it and adjust your tactics. It’s not like blizzard or brawl has a definite counter play. They’re just better against certain decks over others. Vanish is just more situational than the former.

1 Like