Getting blockaded at Gold 5 (wild mode)?

What is the point of playing Heartlstone, if you’re going to blockade players at Gold 5 (Wild Mode)?

There’s nooooo way that i can possibly be playing real players and continue to lose every match, 18 hours a day and 7 days a week!!! I can easily reach gold 5 from month after month. Then, I get blockade for the rest of the month for reaching Gold 5 so easily and not allowed to advance, until the last week of the month. WHYYYY???

Why am I forced to play the Heartstone AI, who knows what cards are in my hand, counters every card I play, control what cards I will draw next, and the AI plays 4 to 10 cards every round, while i can only play 1 card!!!

The AI doesn’t know your hand, and even if it did, it’d be too stupid to do anything with that information.

2 Likes

The Blizzard AI is notorious for being oppressively difficult. From the days of StarCraft 1 in which it didnt have the restriction of fog of war for itself, and had multiple “mice” to control itself with. Whereas even the best human still only has the one mouse and of course the fog of war. Nearly 30 years later I dont think the AI has gotten any dumber or weaker just because of the game format. The single player campaign modes are notorious for how insanely difficult they are to beat. Its no surprise that other modes with bots introduced are now causing a lot more grief to the playerbase.

1 Like

You’re wrong, the AI knows exactly what cards are in your hand. The player only controls what card to play. The AI controls what card it wants to play in your hand at the time, based on the cards in your deck. In early rounds, it specifically puts your high cost mana cards in your hand or other cardsbyou cand use right away, like a heal.

That’s not the AI, that’s hearthstone (not the game itself, the game object that calls procedures such as drawing cards and processing death is internally named hearthstone). The AI is just a complicated but ineffective script that plays cards badly.

Then why am I almost always able to beat the AI? If you are consistently drawing cards when you don’t need them, you may want to look at what you are actually putting in your deck. This is something that requires abit of practice if you make your own decks. If you ever look at a deck list, you will notice that in most metas they don’t have alot of expensive cards. Wild in particular tends toward more aggro and bursty decks. I suggest you make sure you can counter early boards and off set abit of burst if you are trying to play control.

If you are at a loss, list your deck on these forums and a player might help you figure out what you can do better.