1x (5) Flipper Friends
1x (5) Nourish
1x (5) Wildheart Guff
1x (6) Dark Arakkoa
1x (7) Twin Emperor Vek’lor
1x (7) Umbral Owl
1x (8) C’Thun
1x (9) Insatiable Devourer

Can somebody look at this and give me any advice they may have because at this point i’m desperate. Part of the problem is not drawing what I need when I need it but also if I don’t run Renathal then most of the deck is just taken up by c’thun which also sucks. Buff c’thun druid definitely seems like it can be spicy but it’s missing some modern wa-pow to get it moving sooner that I just can’t put my finger on.

2 Likes

I dont play wild alot so idk how good my advice wiil be.

Cthun is always a fun deck i dont have alot of c thunder cards but i can take a look at it do you mind postin the deck code.

c’thuns army 2.0
Class: Druid
Format: Wild

2x (0) Aquatic Form
1x (0) Embiggen
2x (1) Azsharan Gardens
1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
2x (2) Beckoner of Evil
1x (2) Celestial Projectionist
1x (2) Gold Panner
1x (2) Guess the Weight
1x (2) Invigorate
2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
1x (2) Natural Causes
2x (2) Rake
1x (2) Twilight Geomancer
1x (2) Wrath
1x (3) Prince Renathal
1x (3) Sharp-Eyed Seeker
2x (3) Snapdragon
1x (3) Twilight Elder
1x (4) Crazed Worshipper
2x (4) C’Thun’s Chosen
1x (4) Eyestalk of C’Thun
1x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
1x (4) Wing Commander Mulverick
1x (5) Famished Fool
1x (5) Flipper Friends
1x (5) Nourish
1x (5) Wildheart Guff
1x (6) Dark Arakkoa
1x (7) Twin Emperor Vek’lor
1x (7) Umbral Owl
1x (8) C’Thun
1x (9) Insatiable Devourer

AAEBAYC1BhrYrALJrwLQrwLUrwLirwKusAL7rQOV4APR4QOJiwTanwSUpQTlsAT2vQSA1ASy3QTB3wTg7QSX7wS88ATipAWk+gXjgAbOnAaJoQaiogYHy68Cz68Cr4AEkLUErsAEu84E7qMFAAA=

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Sorry for putting all of it, i’m just unsure what part you actually need.
But yea literally anything will help because this has been my pet deck for the longest time and it’s gone no where. Im just trying to see diamond with it at least man😭

1 Like

Hi sorry i only saw your reply now il take a look at it and give you my thoughts the one downside is i rarely play wild so idk how good my advice will be but il ive it a go :slight_smile:

1 Like

The first problem i see is embiggen as it messes up your mana curve and makes your deck even slower.

I dont mind the other buff cards even though stickin to one stratey is better.

You dont need the one of gues the weigt its not garaunteed draw.

How many of druids cards are available to you ?

I have most of druid’s cards except some legendaries and epics. And it’d be so much nicer if druid had any of the buff cards paladin has because I’ve always knew embiggen is a iffy card I just run it for the +2+2 since c’thun cards suuuuck by themselves but every druid buff card comes at a fat downside unfortunately… I even tried doing the jungle gaints quest in the deck to make them all zero but that’s just as if not slower then this version. Was personally thinking about another gold digger instead of guess the weight so if I only draw one card it’s not that stupid spell causing it.
Sad to say it but I may just scrap the deck and either try paladin as it could potentially offer more of what I’m looking for or just disenchant the whole golden c’thun package because its lack luster power has severely bothered me the whole time I’ve played the game and maybe just getting rid of it will be easier then fighting with it as they’d rather just keep ramping up already solid archetypes rather then airing new life into others. I truly hope you didnt have to craft cards to play the deck i wasnt expecting anyone to do that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Nah its ok there are plenty of buff decks warrior and paladin have deck and handbuff

Is handbuff the deck you actually want.

1 Like

I think the best way to deckbuild is to take your deck and play with it, see what works and what doesn’t, and make adjustments from there.

1 Like

I’ve been doing just that that with this particular deck for years but c’thun itself is bad so it’s been an absolute struggle lol @aerthis, Yea my favorite kind of deck involves making big strong minions over time, then I thought about c’thun. His bread and butter is being buffed so why not try and make his minions just as buff as he is. Seemed like a good idea at the time but here I am :joy:

2 Likes

Have you tried to do this with a dragon druid variant? Lorethemar, dragons, gardens,. snapdragons, etc.

Could make something interesting maybe.

Ill definitely look into it, it’ll be way better anyway just because it’s anything but c’thun hahaha

1 Like

Yeah c’thun is neat. But he was only ever relevant in the most vanilla power level expansion and then a little twist with the eyestalks.

Nothing wrong with that. I have a big ginormous minion deck too haha, Taunt warrior with blackrock actually seems more in the game with the greedy double stat combos than just playing lackluster +1/1s buffs to 0 mana +10/10 to +20/20 divine shields.

And it’s even been able to create some crazy games like a time i had a hound hunter get a 20/30 hound with yogg’s 4 spell location, but due to the deck’s ability to massively taunt wall and lifesteal i ended up being able to steal it with yogg and otk him for 80 damage. ( https://hsreplay.net/replay/QtWWT8Lb5iH2YJruCKdpAq )

For your deck. C’thun is fun and fun to play. I see that you have Guff and astalor. I think for Druid, there actually has been some semi successful past highlander lists that ran astalor + brann for a near otk combo.

Someone else claimed they reached a high wild legend running a reno druid. This is their brew and i imagine it’s not a meta deck so you could try subsitutions.

But if you want to stick to cthun you might run into issues with him just being slow by modern / non twist standards. Or maybe trying to run a twist themed deck in there.

If you’re running guff with cthun/astalor. Brann might be a very powerful/consider worthy option.

I know the greed to stick 40 cards, it’s fun, but you don’t get value out of a combo if you don’t live to play it. And even with my taunt warrior lists i find myself dipping on 30->8 hp quite often even with 14/20 taunts and 11-22 hp lifesteals/ armor steels. And that’s in standards with a limited, but still increasingly ever more powerful standard card pool.

Much less wild where t3 lethal is literally possible.

Someone’s Reno Druid (For Ideas)

Class: Druid
Format: Wild

1x (0) Aquatic Form
1x (0) Innervate
1x (1) Biology Project
1x (1) Floop’s Glorious Gloop
1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
1x (2) Breath of Dreams
1x (2) Invigorate
1x (2) Moonlit Guidance
1x (2) Splish-Splash Whelp
1x (2) Zephrys the Great
1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
1x (3) Ferocious Howl
1x (3) Frost Lotus Seedling
1x (4) Branching Paths
1x (4) Desert Nestmatron
1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager

1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
1x (5) Boompistol Bully
1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder

1x (4) Flobbidinous Floop
1x (4) Overgrowth
1x (5) Flipper Friends
1x (5) Nourish
1x (5) Wildheart Guff
1x (6) Reno Jackson
1x (6) Sunspot Dragon
1x (7) Scale of Onyxia
1x (8) Reno, Lone Ranger
1x (9) Aviana
1x (9) Fye, the Setting Sun
1x (10) Eonar, the Life-Binder
1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia

Deck code:

AAEBAZICHuwVwxaFF57SAr/yAo/2AvX8AsX9AvyjA4yuA+i6A6+ABImLBK6fBNqfBM+sBKWtBOWwBPa9BK7ABOKkBf3EBZ/zBdv6BbuVBsGVBtGcBtqcBomhBq+oBgAAAQPDtgP9xAWwigT9xAWW1AT9xAUAAA

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Notes

If you’re missing cards, it might be worth it to look at subsitutes. aviana probably isn’t a good craft, you might be able to look for good wild dragons or homebrew a bit to replace any missing slots. I think the main combo might just be overwhelming value + druids good dragons. It’s probably expensive so i wouldn’t super craft it. But the person said they got to top 1000 wild legend with it.

If you’re just looking to make your deck no worries. Looks like a fun one. But this is just if you wanted to look at what others found success with, if you wanted to try borrowing inspiration to try pushing it further, maybe inspiration if you happen to share any of the cards, or get inspired by any guff / combos.

Guff combos unironically do have a place in wild and i’ve seen lots of Brann + astalor success stories. But im afraid cthun just seems heavily powercrept, even by their first expansion. If you do want to stick with him and have it though, two eyestalks might be good though.

The Caverns of choose one location for nourish or choose one cards might be powerful as well. But you might want to juggle how much dust you put into homebrewing. I’ve had fun, but dropped experiments can easily eat up 2000-5000 dust → 0 with how stringy hearthstone is on dust at times…