Game won't run on iPhone 12 since United in Stormwind

Since United with Stormwind, the game won’t run on my iPhone. I was hoping the new patch would fix it, but the patch isn’t available on the App Store. I’ve tried reinstalling the game every which way, deleting, restarting, reinstalling, and in various orders. I’m assuming since this patch isn’t on the App Store, that it’s meant to download when you launch the game. But since the game won’t start, it won’t download anything.

I’ve had a thread open for weeks in Tech Support without any help or response and I was hoping the new patch would fix the issue. Others have this same issue: App won't start on iPhone since patch 21.0

Seriously, this is ridiculous. WTF can’t you get your game to run on the latest iPhone?

UPDATE:
I was able to fix the problem. Here’s what was wrong and how I fixed it (if any tech support are actually reading this, you need code to handle potential null values in this object since it’s possible to have a null value provided by the phone for whatever reason):

Alright, so I may have a solution for some of you. I have an iPhone 12 and the game wouldn’t start. After trying to start it, I’d see the Hearthstone logo briefly and then it would just take me back to the home screen. I dug through my phone’s logs and found out why it was crashing. It had a null value for the “device_region” being passed in as configuration data in a format that didn’t allow null values.

To fix it, I went to Settings > General > Language & Region. In Region, it already was showing United States, but I tapped on it anyway and it brought up a list of countries. I tapped United States again and it looked like it reset it. When I went back and tried to start Hearthstone, it fired up! Hopefully that’s the same problem some of you are having as well. I’m not sure how that got region got tweaked/corrupted/???

Now, if this doesn’t work for you and you want to investigate further, here’s what I did to find the error on a Macbook (Not sure about what to do on Windows):

1. Start Hearthstone and let it crash.
  2. Plug your phone into your computer
  3. Open the Console app on your computer
  4. Select your phone under Devices
  5. You should see a list of messages. In the little bar above the messages, there are two options on the left: All Messages & Errors and Faults. Select Errors & Faults.
  6. I found a Fault (red circle in the Type column) for “hearthstone” (in the Process column)
  7. This was the error I had: Attempt to set a non-property-list object as an NSUserDefaults/CFPreferences value for key storedConfig
  8. In the object (which looks like a JSON object if you’re familiar with that), one of the values (the values are after = signs), one looked like this: "swrve.device_region" = "<null>"; Since these property-list type objects cannot contain a null value, this was causing the app to crash.

If you don’t have the same problem that I did, maybe this will help you track down what the problem is. Good luck.