Game slows/crashes on Amazon Fire (2nd try...)

This is the second time I’ve come here for help with this issue, no replies the first time =(

I have the Hearthstone app on my Amazon Fire. If I stay on any screen other than the main menu for too long, the game will start glitching out. Out of game, this means some of the previously loaded graphics (the hero portraits mainly) will become a blank pink. In game, this also makes graphics glitch out in the same way sometimes (mostly card art) but more annoyingly it makes the response time slow more and more, lagging considerably, and if the game lasts long enough the app will crash (just turn itself off with no error message)

What is happening and how do I fix it.

Hey there,

What model of Amazon Fire do you have? Can you find out what operating system version it is running as well? We’d want to make sure that it meets the minimum system requirements for Hearthstone on Android and make sure that the OS is up to date.

Additionally if you have Hearthstone installed on external storage (MicroSD card) try uninstalling it and reinstalling it on the internal storage.

It’s an 8" Amazon Fire 8 16gb HD tablet w/ 1.5 Ghz of RAM (I’d link the Amazon page, but I guess I can’t?)

I’m not sure what the OS is, it’s whatever the default is for that model (I haven’t changed it). I only just got the tablet on cyber Monday of 2019, so it’s practically brand new; the OS should be up to date.

I don’t have any external storage, Hearthstone is installed onto the device itself.

Thanks for the info.

The OS should update automatically but I would just double check in the Settings to make sure it say’s there’s no updates available. Fire OS 5.0 or later is the minimum, so if it’s a newer tablet it should come with above that pre-installed.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app may help, just to ensure that the latest version of Hearthstone is installed. When the app is reinstalled and you log in it should download some extra data as well (indicated at the top right of the screen) so make sure that finishes before trying to play again.

If it’s still happening lets wait for the next patch to roll out as there should be some memory improvements coming that may help with this.

My Hearthstone app was recently updated (for the newest expansion) with no change in these issues. Would reinstalling really help given that? I’ll try it if it might, but I’d hate to waste all the time spent downloading it and waiting for it to download more when I turn it on if there’s no chance that will help

Mongrel,

Our ability to support mobile issues is pretty limited. If you’re on a supported OS, the other major cause of an issue would be corrupted local game data. The best ways to fix that are restarting the tablet and if that fails, deleting all local data - uninstalling the game, clearing your phone’s caches, etc. The game being updated is good, but it’s not helpful if the data on your phone has somehow become corrupted.