Game says I'm offline, but I"m not

I’ve just downloaded Hearthstone onto my Android device. I checked the requirements and my phone meets these requirements. I am able to load Hearthstone and sign in with no problem but when I try to play and of the modes whether it’s solo player, tavern brawl, or against a live person, it will no work. It brings it up like it is going to work. It even puts me in the queue to find an opponent but after a minute or so it will pop up saying I am offline and that I need to reconnect to play. When I hit reconnect, it does nothing. However, I’m using my data to play and I have plenty of signal. My other games require internet and they are working just perfectly using my data. It’s a new phone so I’m not sure if my settings need to be changed or if it is on Hearthstone’s end. I have deleted the cache and the data for Hearthstone and it did not help. Any ideas or help is much appreciated.

1 Like

Yo I’m having this very same issue on my android as well. Can’t play solos or battlegrounds. Any help would be super appreciated. And yeah I did Uninstal and reinstall

Hey there MissMoody and Malderza,

Thanks for your time to reach out about this. That is odd that you both can’t get into a game on the mobile device. My first thought is something connection related and I see it mentioned also that the data connection was being used.

I’d like to see if you can both test using a wifi connection. Either your home wifi or a public connection should work to test. If my theory is correct, I think this is explained by the known issue on the forums post here. TLDR it has to do with Tmobile and how they manage IPv6 data, and the workaround mentioned in the forum post and talking to the mobile carrier would be advised while Blizzard works on a fix on our own end.

Hopefully this helps out. Cheers!

Wifi works. it is a mobile connection issue which your devlopers are horrible at fixing. I wouldn’t give a hope. FYi I have been in IT for 21 years in many fields. IT took them close to a year to fix thier last issue dealing with cellular network upgrades with 5G and thier changing protocols. I have One plus pro 8 android 11 on T-mobile network. Blizzard please shock me. Hopefully you didn’t lose all of your good developers and execs to Gamehaven lol.

1 Like

Yeah wifi works, data with tmobile doesn’t though.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. T-mobile galaxy s20±.

Hey there,

A workaround for this T-Mobile issue is posted earlier in the thread by Ironthorne. We also have instructions on this support article.

Hope the info helps! Cheers!

those work arounds don’t work, the only thing that works is a vpn because of the masking. VPNs collect your data though. I don’t yave local wifi, I use my 5G hot spot for my home network. I will just come back in 6 months like last time.

My issue is on my laptop after I play a long game it says I’m off wifi which I’m not then i try and reconnect but i end up having to quit and go back in

1 Like

i am having same issue on laptop say i am off line and crashes when i play battle ground especially with the new patch never fail to crash on the 3rd turn with the mini quest…making it unplayable for me…

I’m having the same issue on both phone and PC. Neither can get me past the opening screen. My phone is even downloading stuff in the game while it’s telling me I’m offline. I played for one day uninterrupted with my veteran friends and the next day log in is impossible.