Game not launching again

I cannot launch the game again. I have tried EVERYTHING on the cannot connect pinned thread and nothing is working. The game just sits there, and sits there and sits there… then it locks up not responding.

I have uninstalled, Reinstalled, Removed Deck tracker, Deleted folders, Reset my connection, Cleared my Cache, Flushed my DNS, I’ve done it all and I still cannot for the life of me, get Hearthstone to launch.

My account has same problem, Please fixing ASAP…
I can’t played 4days… from lastest update

Hey there,

So we currently are not seeing any widespread reports of issues launching the game or connecting to the service. That doesn’t mean there isn’t an issue but everything looks to be normal with the vast majority of players playing without any issues like this.

This does mean whatever the issue is is likely local to the specific machine or connection. If you tried all the steps on the pinned connection article to no effect than we could be looking at some sort of routing issue to the service or something on the system itself interfering with the launch. (Security Software as an example.

Without seeing any error codes or messages it can be a bit tough to narrow down but you can try the following:

Try doing an extended power cycle on your system. Turn off all devices including the modem. Wait 30 minutes, turn on the modem, wait 5 minutes, turn on any network devices, wait 2 minutes, turn on your computer and try the game.

You can try switching your DNS settings to use a free public DNS servers instead of your ISPs Servers:

We do not have individual steps for specific modems or routers so if you need assistance accessing or updating the devices, contact the device maker/provider.

In some cases there is a corrupt or misconfigured setting within the router or modem. We cannot say what that might be offhand but the easiest way to resolve these conflicts would be to factory reset the router and/or modem.

You may need to look up your specific model for the steps on how to do this and in some rare cases you may need to have this done by the ISP. Feel free to reach out to them for assistance if necessary.

Some folks have reported that a VPN gets them around the issue. Please note we do not support VPN usage though we do not prohibit its use with most of our games. Some countries around the world, do restrict VPN usage so you will want to research these restrictions for your country before attempting to use a VPN.

Many VPNs offer a demo or trial version of their service to allow you test without commitment.

If a VPN solves the issue for you then the issue lies with your network, your ISP, or the path they send you through to get your data to us. You can work with your ISP in these situations to help them hunt down and address the routing issue.

Do you have the ability to connect the system to a mobile hotspot?

We do not support this setup for playing but it can provide contrast to your normal connection. If you go this route make sure you are on mobile data and not on your wifi network and if you have a limited data plan, restrict your testing to prevent excessive data usage.

There are online guides for most smartphones on how to do this and most carriers can guide you through the setup process as well.

Do you have the ability to try a different computer on the same network? Or, the ability to try your current computer on a different network? This can help us determine if what you are experiencing is due to an network issue or something specifically with your system itself. Give it a shot and see what happens.

Let’s manually clear the Battlenet Desktop Application and all supporting data from the system. This will not remove existing game clients.

1. Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
  2. Navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
  3. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
  4. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  6. Empty the recycle bin.
  7. Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.

Try running your system in selective startup mode: https://battle.net/support/article/200483

Create a new administrator account: https://battle.net/support/article/34550

Once the account is created, shut down the computer, wait 60 seconds, restart, log into the new profile and try the app/client.

That should cover the most common situations we might see that affect the local system/network.

I’ve been having a problem logging in off-and-on for the past week or two. One of three things happens. I log in, no problem. I haven’t tracked it exactly, but it seems like the first time or two I log in on any given day, it’s without incident.

Next, I’ll get to the screen where I can see my friend list on the lower left, the game menu button on the lower right, but the buttons for shop and journal are missing. Likewise, the Hearthstone button is grayed out. Battlegrounds and Mercenaries are not grayed out but they also don’t function. Nothing happens when I hover over them or try to click on them. My friend list will display when I click that button. The game option button also works.

The third occurrence is that I get stuck on the screen with the saloon doors. The Hearthstone emblem will cycle a glow but nothing else will happen. It will just stay like that for as long as I leave it. I have to close the game through the task manager.

I’ve scanned and repaired and just went through the 7 step process in this post. I don’t use a VPN and I’ve recently reset my modem and router. I play on a PC running Windows 10. Windows is up to date.

I have screenshots of the two screens I encounter but I can’t figure out how to upload them. I’m happy to provide them if it will be helpful.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.