Game mode with some sort of progression or deck building?

This isn’t an issue with the game as a whole. I love the game. More of a suggestion. I up until recently played duels religiously and I would sometimes spend money to buy runestones but I could play a mode that progressed as you went a long. Since you shut down duels I have tried arena and it is alright but to ask people to throw money at literally a shot in the dark is quite absurd. Now I have thrown more than I would like into runestones to play but it is because it is now the only mode you have even remotely similar. Another thing with duels being taken away was the free aspect of duels for people to practice their deck building and that would be very helpful to add to arena so someone could get comfortable before they gamble away their hard earn earned money and get a 2 cost legendary as their first card. We need another option like duels or something with progression that improves your deck as you go. PLEASE!!! thank you.

2 Likes

Have you tried solo adventures?

2 Likes

Yes, i have not dug too far into them though. So no is probably a better answer. Do they have similar deck building and progression to duels?

Kobolds & Catacombs Dungeon Run is the precursor to Duels

2 Likes

And where do i find that at? I just got on and looked under solo adventures and in the shop and didnt see it.

1 Like

Go to the Web store here:

And scroll down to Wild, there are a few things you can Claim Free:

Kobolds & Catacombs Adventure
Knights of the Frozen Throne Adventure
Rastakhan’s Rumble Adventure
The Boomsday Project Adventure
The Witchwood Adventure

Enjoy!

2 Likes

I find most of the solo adventure content to be quite boring and I skip all that can, but I did enjoy the Kobolds & Catacombs Adventure. I even wrote tips for it when it was new.

I recommend using a guide to learn about this solo adventure before playing it.

https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/dungeon-run-guide-for-kobolds-and-catacombs

1 Like

Duels was fun because you got to build part of your deck, which means it’s not all up to RNG like trash mode arena.

You didn’t “improve” your deck over the course of a run, you picked buckets that did the least damage to your deck, and picked “no more please” 99% of the time it’s offered.

I averaged about 7.5 wins and got a 12 win run about 1 in 8 runs.

Duels’ deck-building concept and treasures evolved from the Kobolds & Catacombs Adventure.