Game is garbage

Jumped back on hearthstone after not playing for ever.

First match playing against a warrior as a warrior. I was doing good. Staying ahead. They hadnt damaged me yet and I was still at 30 health while they were at 15. I was winning. Suddenly in one turn they summon 6 different minions and they killed me. Did some power buff thing and I came out with -80 health. NEGATIVE 80 health. Like there is not a thing I could have done. Full health to a loss / -80 health.

How is this game even real? LOL what a ridiculous state of a game.

Ill never play this game again if that is a thing and possible. Ridiculous

9 Likes

You were not winning. Health is not a score.

9 Likes

But he didn’t post he was winning, he posted:

so the issue is the insane OTK and powercreep. Something most of us have taken issue with here on the forum for some time now.

6 Likes

Six set meta things. If you don’t like super-high lethality, it’s probably best to take a break until rotation. Lethality is always at its highest towards the end of a standard year due to the higher volume of cards and greater combo potential. Some players love this, some hate it, others are indifferent towards it. Unfortunately, you can’t please everyone all the time and these year-end metagames are quite insufferable for players who strictly enjoy slow, grindy decks, while being a haven for players who enjoy OTKs and high burst.

That said, I do see the game moving further and further away from attrition as the overall lethality in the game is slowly increased year on year, which I’d have been mad about a few years ago. Now, though, I’m far less infatuated with infinitely long games and prefer inevitable win conditions to be a part of the game, even when it’s slow.

1 Like

He didn’t?

Because it says it right there on my screen.

4 Likes

Conspiracy. Blizzard hacked his account and changed his post.

You can’t prove they didn’t so if you deny it you’re a shill

Or something

3 Likes

A) If it was Wild: it’s normal: play a non-broken Format (Wild only exists for nostalgia and to sell cards to completionists).

B) If it was at round ~10: it’s normal: the game is designed kinda “aggro” and all kinds of broken cards exist at ~R10.

C) Warrior is extremely OP this month; e.g. extremely oppressive to paladins; learn to play it (if it’s Standard).

That’s been the state of this meta for a while. It’s a race to see who can play solitaire the fastest. Who gets to play their I WIN button before the other guy

You controlled the board the entire game? You managed your resources wisely? You didn’t make any dumb moves?

None of that meant anything. Your opponent dropped Odyn or Sif or Pop’gar or Climactic Necrotic Explosion and it was all for nothing

5 Likes

This. Though necrotic isn’t too bad. It’s just a cost heavy brawl. At least it depletes the opponent’s corpse count most of the time to the point where they can’t do anything worthwhile that requires the resource unless they ramp it up again, which give you time to beat them.

1 Like

someone just found ount damage burst from cards is a thing

1 Like

The game is not “garbage”.

I’m not sure how you would have missed this; most of us here on the forum have been discussing this and other power creep issues for some time.

op actually manages to list some reasons supporting his position…you simply state your as if it’s fact.

4 Likes

played someone recently with a maw and paw that they duplicated a few times. at the end they had well over 900 life and so much armor and attack on their hero i started making a deck of that nature myself and got my life in a game to like 60.
you just need to read the cards learn it, the card functions are many.

Just wait until you play against the broken a$$ elemental hunter that can potentially quintuple all their elementals and automatically attack you for over 100 and insta kill you .

1 Like

The game is in fact garbage.

Not a thing I could have done. There was no power in my hands, Nothing I could react to. It was NOT my turn.

It was the other persons turn and in ONE turn. ONE. They brought me from Full health with 4+ armor on down to dead and THEN SOME. -80 Health. They literally killed me 2 times over.

So what is the point of playing a game where that is the state of the game? It’s not a game at that point. No skill is involved at that point at all. Pure RNG and unfairness.

3 Likes

You could have played a different deck, & they could have played a different deck.

The game is not garbage, & if you really believed that you wouldn’t be here whining.

1 Like

There are bad matchups, bad luck of the draw, bad mulligans, bad decks, bad players, and even bad cards. All of these exist at the same time when someone plays these one turn turn the game around and win out of nowhere and could never have been avoided in any way when someone plays for example, the new Poof! Reno legendary, or whatever the OP encountered.

lol, jokes aside, the game isnt bad, its bad people figuring out hilariously yet unethically bad (some here call objectively good) combos that result in the perfect storm of “i win now” turns. just know, OP, grimm is doing the only healthy thing any of us can, grimm is becoming one with the Borg and assimilating that uniqueness they encountered into their being.

Resistance is futile. Evidence: see the replies to this thread topic.

ok jokes more aside, I feel for ya OP, i get steamrolled all the time too, it isnt just you encountering such Bull manure.

1 Like

This is giving “I was one piece ahead in the Pawn trade and then I let their Queen into my back line.”

Listen. Combos that can end the game from hand are always going to exist. Players that like these kinds of decks exist and they have as much right to be catered to as any other. When playing against these decks, you’ve got to understand that keeping them off the board and keeping your life total at 30 is not winning. Some strategies put you on a clock and you have to be proactive against them. If you queue a control deck into this it sucks, I get it, but you’ve got to do something other than clear minions to beat these strategies. There are combos that you can out-armour and there are combos that you can’t. There are combos that are easily disrupted and there are combos that aren’t. If your deck is designed specifically to survive against aggro, alternative win condition are probably going to counter you. Think about what you can do to change that. Maybe change a few cards and sacrifice some % in aggro matchups to gain some in combo match ups.

1 Like

You are just being a clueless noob right now. Learn, improve. This comes with time and effort.

If you don’t want to apply those then go back to TikTok and Angry birds.

A CCG where board control doesn’t matter. Stop and think about that for a minute. What even is this game if that’s the case?

Just another Skinner box that makes you feel like you did something

4 Likes