Game crashes/disconnect issues

Nearly 3 years ago…

Still a sticky, still an issue. Best tip is to realize it fast & restart fast so u can reconnect to your game? How about “Fix it on Blizz’s end fast”?

How many people have complained about similar issues over the years? I bet QA has the data on it. How many more years are necessary to fix the issue on Blizz’s end?

Maybe QA could research how often connection & gamecrash issues cause players to quit? At least money motivates higher ups to make this a priority for the devs.

-One of the many many frustrated HS players

I have suddenly become very active in these forms as it has been getting worse. I will keep bumping these up and replying to every one of these I find until something is done.

1 Like

Thanks Jeffery, hopefully that tactic gets us somewhere!

Ok so being very frustrated yesterday, I spent a few hours finding solutions and fixing it. I mostly play on PC so this solution is for that platform.

To Start Uninstall Hearthstone from your PC. Next, go into Program Files and AppData and delete everything related to Hearthstone. After that, I went through Registry edit and completely cleared Hearthstone from all parts of my computer. You can use CTRL + F to search easier. Slight disclaimer though is that I had an IT veteran watching and helping me DO NOT TOUCH REGISTRY EDIT UNLESS YOU ARE CONFIDENT AS THIS CAN DESTROY MACHINES. After that I was able to do a fresh re-install and the game has run rather smooth with minor disconnects (still happened a little)

Next step was to go into your Local C/Users/Whatever your username is/AppData/Local/Blizzard/Hearthstone

Once there, open Options.txt and insert the following lines anywhere:
targetframerate:i=60
vsync:b=False

This helped with the resource drain that Hearthstone was doing as well. Hope this can help anyone facing these errors since blizzard refuses to do this and to fix it you need to do it all by hand.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.