Game crashes on iPad

Game crashes constantly, can’t use card search at all. I have reinstalled game and restarted iPad multiple times. Started as of last patch (April 2023)

3 Likes

Same. Tons of complaints about this and crickets from blizz. Great game each 5 min session I’m in before it crashes and makes me want to break my iPad in half. So disappointing. I suppose I’ll give Gwent a try until a Blue actually decides to address the community and give us something besides “uninstall/reinstall”.

3 Likes

Same here, ever since the last patch, I am constantly getting disconnected during gameplay, normally battlegrounds (what I mostly play) and I am done screwing my rating over because they won’t get off their a**es and fix the glitch, I tried all their recommended tips, but because I am wireless on my iPad, it’s my wireless connection fault … BULLSH*T, I pay for the fastest cable speed internet available in my area, it’s not my internet connection speed. I can go stream 4K movies on 3 different devices in my house at the same time, and see no latency.
Come blizzard, you guys screwed it up for us on iPads, fix it for us asap please.

3 Likes

Same here.

I will say that they announced a hot fix for today - time will tell.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem too. Will crash on iPad every few minutes during normal Hearthstone and Battlegrounds games, also sometimes in Shop and My Collection. Crashes everytime a search is done in My Collection. Have tried reinstalling and using different Wi-Fi networks, but no help.

2 Likes

Nope. Hot fix didn’t do anything.

1 Like

Same problem can’t play in iPad Air 2. Used to just crash occasionally now it’s every game. Tried everything. It’s getting worse to the point it’s unplayable. Very frustrating. Time to get active and go to the park. Screw this…

2 Likes

Same here,
I play on 2018-IPad (model A1893) 32Go with IpadOs 16.4.1
Standard Game crashes randomly and frequently,
Collection crashes in a few seconds,
Mercenaries crashes instant.

HS is now unplayable on IPad

2 videos
htt p s://drive.google.com/file/d/15JRbAfMcnV9mEcQYcb1G3rCITVdw7vO6/view?usp=share_link
htt p s://drive.google.com/file/d/19I9YbrLc8qXB4-1Xw3TSITOW8Z0iBHHn/view?usp=share_link

Regards
dibeuv

2 Likes

Howdy!

Thanks for these reports! Our QA and Developers are already on the case! We have seen an increase of crashes from iOS devices recently. It appears to be impacting lower memory users more. The team is investigating this issue. Sadly, no exact workaround yet has been provided, we will likely need to wait on a fix for this one. Will update if that information changes.

Thank you.

1 Like

I’m on 128 GB and 4 GB of RAM and have constant crashes. That can’t be low memory, right?

When did it roll out? I never saw it patch

I agree it sounds ridiculous needing several GB to manage a game as simple as this where most of the heavy lifting is performed server-side, but it probably is, even so. Someone on the Blizzard staff needs to research iOS memory management further.

1 Like

Please define “lower memory” with a number. Is 4gb low? That can’t be correct.

I have an iPad 6 with 128GB storage (over 50GB available) and 2GB RAM. Crashes are making HS unplayable.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any updates on this in patch notes and the game is still unplayable on iOS today. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.