Game bug or Blizzard absurdity?

Hi
How it is, I play a magician and I play an Ignite card, which returns to the deck after being played, and my opponent plays a Steamcleaner card, which removes Ignite.
but when my opponent plays a rogue and plays a Kingsbane weapon card which also goes back to the deck and when I play Steamcleaner it doesn’t remove the Kingsbane weapon.
This is a game bug or another Blizzard absurdity.

Neither.

If you use Ignite then a new Ignite is shuffled into the deck. It is not the same spell but a new spell with +1 damage.

If the Kingsbane weapon is shuffled into the deck it is still the same weapon. That’s the special thing about this weapon. It keeps all the enchantments and just goes back into the deck.

Ignite gets removed by the Steamcleaner because it is a new card which didn’t start in the deck and Kingsbane doesn’t get removed because it is the same card which was in the deck when the game started.

2 Likes

No, Kingsbane’s weapon is also built with higher attack + steal, so it is not the same and Steamcleaner does not remove it.
This is the same mechanism as in the case of Ignite.
To me it’s absurd.

It’s not. Look at the cards.

Epic · Spell · United in Stormwind · Deal damage. Shuffle an Ignite into your deck that deals one more damage.

It says “Shuffle AN Ignite into your deck”.

It does not say “Shuffle this into your deck with one more damage.”

It is a new card which was created by the previous Ignite.

Now look at Kingsbane:

Legendary · Weapon · Kobolds and Catacombs · Always keeps enchantments. Deathrattle: Shuffle this into your deck.

It says: “Shuffle THIS into your deck.”

It does not say: “Shuffle AN Kingsbane weapon into your deck.”

It is one and the same card which is just shuffled back into your deck keeping all the enchantments.

Steamcleaner only targets cards which didn’t start out in the deck at the beginning of the game.

For me it is the same. But I won’t argue.