Game board is expansion home. period

love it or hate it, a well executed theme is to be appreciated. without new game boards and music, it feels like being forever stuck in the past.

the game board is the expansion’s home. all the videos and cards dont do as much for theme than the board and the music. without this, expansions just feel like game modes on the same old hearthstone boards.

my favorite board is always the newest one. my wife and i love clicking on the little things and finding new secrets.

it is beyond disappointing that there will be no new game boards to look forward to each expansion. 1 game board a year is not enough. how do you theme 3 expansions to one game board without giving up theme ideas.

this is possibly the worst decision hearthstone has ever made. and it wont be felt initially by most people until the next expansion when we are still stuck on whizbang’s board.

selling the cards is half. you need to sell a theme. no theme means you’re just selling some random cards. and there are plenty of other card games that sell random cards

would you go back in time and change to 1 board a year???

7 Likes

The world building in Hearthstone has been undervalued. It is what makes this game unique and cohesive.

3 Likes

How about 1 new hearthstone pack appearance per year :thinking: :smirk: :grinning: :grimacing: :eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
How about saying goodbye to those free card backs every month…
People really arent thinking this through and realizing how big a deal it really is.
I hope they put in a beach board soon because when next expansion hits and im still listening to whizbang music i think it will be annoying to a lot of people

1 Like

Without a new board with new music and theme… it feels like we don’t have a new expansion at all. So I won’t invest in the game pass this time either…

2 Likes

Hot take: I don’t care about the boards. Half the time I don’t even notice which one I’m playing on.

Am I in the minority? Could be. Do I care? Not really. Just giving my two coins’ worth.

how about blank cards with just text on them? how about no animations? how about no hero portraits? how would you like it?

2 Likes

I can’t hear you over the sound of my callous indifference.

Nah, if you were indifferent you wouldnt have posted. I think you are just trolling

1 Like

You’re pushing rhetoric like this any time someone dares to speak against your opinion:

Refusing to eat that bait, isn’t trolling.

1 Like

That’s a shame. They should be increasing theming instead of taking it away. I want to build my decks on the beach with a parrot squaking at me

I do like them adding a theme board per expansion. However they said something recently about some changes they are working on to maybe have all game boards available or even giving players the ability to choose game boards like with card backs. That would be pretty cool too. I would just set it to random and it would be better than seeing the same themes all the time!

Hey you described yourself so dont get butthurt when someone shares their opinion of you :slightly_smiling_face:

cal·lous
adjective
showing or having an insensitive and cruel disregard for others.

2 Likes

No I agree this is just a way for blizzard to cut costs and and dump more money in higher ups pockets.

Blame capitolism.

Capitalism is why this is a bad decision for blizzard to make…theyre not selling chickenscratch on some napkins, nobody would buy it

Genuine question: is HS still profitable for Blizzard?

And, if yes, a follow up to that would be: how is said profit margin trending compared to significant chronological milestones? (ie, quarterly, vs annually, vs initial launch)

If the game’s not making money, and we presume a for-profit company under capitalism cares exclusively for profits, then I would agree that cutting costs like this would be a bad business practice.

Alternatively, though. If the game IS making money. And its profits are stable or even trending UP. That would mean they currently have very little, if any, fiscal incentive to NOT cut operating costs / overhead. It sucks, and it will hurt the product the longer it goes on, no disagreement there. But are they even looking down the line? Do they care enough? Should they? Again, it’s capitalism we’re talking about here. They just want $ and the world’s weird right now, so they might not be looking for long-term gains anymore.

Idk how to spin no new board this expansion and next expansion as a good thing…i wanted beach board because i cant go to the beach this summer :cry:

1 Like