Franchise over Genre?

I’m a Warcraft person before anything else. I wouldn’t be playing Hearthstone if it wasn’t set in the Warcraft universe. Are there other Warcraft fans here or is it the gameplay that keeps you?

1 Like

I love warcraft. I know all the lore. What bugs/intrigues me is the Hearthstone exclusive lore. The gameplay is fun, too.

I’m starting to love Hearthstone lore. In the beginning I think it was a bit too out there, but now it seems much more cannon compatible. The Ambassador Faelin story was amazing!

I wouldn’t go that far. Somehow, he didn’t know about the whole naga transformation…and that was AFTER the city he was locked up in had been opened up to the outside world again for a bit.

And then the city he just left…sends a patrol ship to shoot at him, even though he’s an easily recognizable ambassador who has been in the city for thousands of years, and literally just left in a ship that he hired and left from their OWN port.

/picard double panda godzilla facepalm

Not knowing about the Naga I would attribute to him being generally oblivious.

I doubt others would recognize him as an ambassador. He hasn’t really been an ambassador for 10,000 years. I believe he maintains that title for his personal prestige.

There’s being oblivious, and there’s not knowing about something 1000% relevant to your destination that literally everyone on your boat somehow forgot too.

Aside from having his own nightborne security guard? I mean, they don’t just give you a protection detail (even if it’s one person) if your title is honorary.

Aside from the fact that everyone calls him by it. If you calls yourself king of (wherever) it’s one thing, but if everyone else does, you might be the king of (wherever).

I started playing the game because of WOW (which I have not played in over 13 years nor will I ever play it again).

Play Hearthstone simply because it is simple and easy to learn/play.

I could care less about the background stories I am here for the ease of play only, but if another game like this came out that was better balanced etc I would leave Hearthstone in a flat second.

And then there’s arguing over the lore in a children’s card game.

And then there’s white knighting for the so called “lore” in a children’s card game.

Also, if this is a kid’s game, do you have your parent’s permission per the TOS to play AND post here?

I’m not white knighting for the lore, I just don’t give a crap about it and don’t understand why anyone would be some kind of weird nerd about it.

Because it’s warcraft.

1 Like

Apparently, you care enough to keep posting about it, telling everyone how muc you “don’t care.”

The weirdest kind of flex.

Warcraft! :heart_eyes:

And it’s fun. I love the voice acting!

1 Like