Fix this crap game

I’m sure i’ll get banned again for posting but who gives a crap at this point. balance the game ffs I’m sick of 50 precent warriors. Are there even other classes that are trying at this point. Beta test ffs or something why do you just wing this crap. Warriors are broken fix it

12 Likes

I play a very iffy Reno Demon Hunter and if I’m able to slam down Kurtrus early I can at least wipe out one or two of their combo pieces (More if I can copy it with Zola). Otherwise I get outgunned for the most part.

1 Like

I would fire all of them. Bunch of useless paper pushing noobs. None of them actually play this game and none of them actually understand anything.

2 Likes

Haha beta testers buddy why pay beta testers when we do it for free?

Imagine being so toxic that you actually dumb yourself down.
Warrior is super strong for a few reasons.

1. They can run a singleton deck with SOOOO much removal, that its a 50% chance to loose just from that. Warrior has so much removal and armor gain, that any mid or slow tempo deck cannot beat them without extreme luck.
  2. THEN they get brann. which makes boomboss, zilliax, dr boom, all their excavate cards, a win condition. EACH ONE is a win condition with brann.
  3. Reno. Reno is not only a board wipe, that doesnt trigger deathrattle and clears locations, it limits your followup to one minion. This makes it exponentially easier to set up a kill from reasons 2. You have to play around reno, and it alone wins games.

Brann is broken, it was broken when it was just a minion that granted double battle cries, its BEYOND broken when its for the rest of the game.

No other class has such strong control that they can sacrifice a turn to drop this minion, and still crush you. The only chance you have in a long game is to have a OTK that is basically 2x overkill or an alternative win condition such as wheel or lowering their max hp to 0.
Even without brann, warrior decks are strong at the moment. But if you dont have a kill within a turn of two of brann dropping, you have at best a 10% chance to win IF you rely on a OTK. You can’t outvalue the card.

• Digrat? Oh, gonna force 2 of your minions from your hand to immediatley wipe with reno/brawl/brawler(who does it twice to guarantee wipe your reborns)
  • Boomboss after brann is basically a loss. (good-bye to 6 hand, 6 deck, and possibly 6 board)
  • Zilliax summons 3 lifesteal mechs that restore 18 health, have taunt, divine shield, and rush.
  • Dr Boom will summon 4 zilliaxes that will go face for 24 damage and another 24 healing.
  • Ox summons 4 legendaries that will go face and wipe your board.

Oh, and if one of those isn’t bad, you can photographer, brewmaster, or Zola to get them AGAIN.

To make it worse, it was strong before the last patch, but at least plagues could disable brann and reno (if you were lucky enough to get them into their deck, a hela to keep em from going away before they dropped brann on turn 4 or 5). The change they did disabled even that counter, and basically left them free reign.

That leaves you with having to play super aggro decks that win before or within 6 turns.
It’s a problem.

Fix yourself.

4 Likes

Firstly, If you’re forced to play specific decks to counter against oppressive decks that signals that the deck is a problematic. No one should be being forced to play certain decks just to stand a chance on ladder. Before the balanced patch, being forced to play plague DK to counter highlander warrior was just as dumb.

STOP WITH THE SOLITAIRE BS!!!

Secondly, Whether you win or lose should come down to player skill, not ‘i queued into scissors as paper, I lose’ That’s just fundamentally flawed design.

Essentially 1/3 of your games are insta losses cus you queued into the wrong deck. 1/3 are wins cus the enemy queued into the disadvantage this time and 1/3 of games come down to player skill. Having around 2/3 of your games being decided from turn 1 is terrible design

And that’s being generous, considering oppressive decks have higher pick rates because they win more, if you dont play a counter deck you are likely losing around 50% from turn 1.

The game used to be make a deck and have fun. Now its make 1 of 2 decks or just lose to warrior turn 1 50+% of the time

5 Likes

The forums are 90% complaints. If they banned people for complaining the forums would be empty.

2 Likes

No deck like this deserves any place in a competitive ladder environment. Why not play casual games with friends to play your bad “fun” decks? Why have standard nuked to allow garbage players and cards to win? You wont find that in ANY CCG at all. Its a fevered pipe dream of bad deck players to think they even deserve a chance at legend.

1 Like

Just because I named two decks, doesn’t mean that there are only two decks. There are actually four in the current meta: the afforementioned Sludgelock and Zoo Hunter, plus Snake Warlock and Zarimi Priest. I just started with the two that are both generally good (Snake Warlock isn’t) and easy to play (Zarimi Priest isn’t).

There might also be decks that haven’t been discovered yet which counter Warrior. Or there might not be. But the point is that it isn’t actually that hard.

If people would actually play the best decks, we’d currently have a situation where the ladder would be 30+% Zoo Hunter, a bunch of people running Aggro Paladin to counter — because Zoo Hunter literally has only one counter — and then the three counters to Aggro Paladin: Plague DK, Rainbow DK and Reno Shaman. Plague DK beats Rainbow, Reno Shaman beats Plague, and Rainbow has a very slight 53-47 edge over Shaman. It’d be a five deck four class meta, and everything else would be a meme.

And of course Reno Warrior would have almost zero popularity, because Zoo Hunter would be everywhere and drive its winrate into the dirt.

We are only in this position because a lot of people have an irrational attraction to Reno Warrior, a lot of people have an irrational attraction to decks that lose to Reno Warrior, and a lot of people have an irrational repulsion from decks that counter Reno Warrior. And if people just flocked en masse to the actual best deck in the format, Zoo Hunter, then it’d all go away in a matter of days, no balance patch necessary.

1 Like

But I play a class that isn’t one of those four classes, and I want my meme to win against the best decks! We have to nerf those four classes!

team 5 won’t do crap.

All they care about is listening to their elite/streamers/e-sport players and give the middle finger to everyone else.

Hell, they are cowards for not talking to the users here as they know they will look like fools explaining their reasons for the changes or no changes.

I do think that they will eventually have to nerf Hunter, after the collective playerbase pulls their head out of… wherever and gets to abusing it proper. But one nerf would probably do it, give the deck with only one counter multiple counters and there’s the opportunity for things to open up.

Although maybe history will just repeat itself and the playerbase will stubbornly refuse to play the new counters. Maybe we’re entering a new era where players stop trying out different decks to see what works, and instead they just stick with whatever they randomly like at first glance, no matter how poorly it performs, and complain on social media until their deck is patched into dominance.

Maybe Mallenroh isn’t a monster, he’s just… ahead of the curve.

1 Like

That’s because you haven’t faced the hunter aggro deck yet, which is very unbearable. This game always favors the hunter in standard mode! It’s an unfair game! What can be done then?? Stop playing this damn game and let the official bots play, Blizzard uses and names them with Chinese names!

Big tip for you, warrior is a slow tempo deck, mid tempo are decks that are winning by turn 8-10, fast decks are winning turn 5-6 or sooner.

Tempo is not a measure of a good deck, Hunter token decks are a fast tempo deck, warriors are slow.

What are you even talking about?

Part of the problem is warrior. It promotes this meta that means you need to be fast, or you wont win. Once warrior is toned back, mid tempo decks will beat fast again, and slow will beat mid. Its rock paper scissors.

Which decks are you talking about?

Because this sounds crazy. You seem to be saying that nerfing X will cause Y to beat Z again. That won’t happen.

Haha I’m glad I’m not the only one seeing the warrior issue. Win rate so low against that deck I just concede funny thing is it’s working because I’m Diamond 5 and about to get back to legend already. Concede to the deck you’ll thank me in the long run

It’s Almost like most people who visit forums have had some kind of negative experience they wish to share ….

People who enjoy the game have no reason to post on the forums

So you are automatically seeing a bias of negativity because thats what the forums are for.

Love how out of my entire post you pick the literal last sentence

You are just beyond ignorant its hilarious

The game shouldnt be
‘play 1 of the warrior counters or lose’

It should be
‘Play what you like and through player skill outplay your opponent’

I shouldn’t be needing to play x deck to win against y deck. I should be able to play any deck and, through me outplaying my opponent, win. This auto loss from the start because you picked the wrong deck is dogsht design. There is literally no point playing most matches because you picked the wrong deck and insta lost on turn 1.

That is why way more games are being conceded turn 1. I would love to see a graph of how many people conceded on turn 1 over the years. 100% this has got to be peak concedes in hs history. I rarely ever used to concede games, but now its easily 40% of matches i concede instantly. Window shopper DH had me conceding 60% of my games before it was nerfed.

Its trash design and the devs are completely incompetent at developing this game. In a year i’ve went from spending $400 a year to $0 because these devs do not deserve a penny for the nonsense designs they constantly vomit out. Whoever thought the highlander cards effects should be based off the start of game is beyond ‘r’ worded. We went from having a couple decks able to shut them down to them having no counterplay

2 Likes

No it wouldnt go away!!!

It would just hide the problem. We would all be forced to play this 1 deck. THAT IS TRASH DESIGN

Nerf warrior so other decks can be good against it. Brann and reno need nerfs, warriors removal needs nerfs