Fix Coming for Battlegrounds Animation Issues

Hey everyone,

We’ve been receiving several reports of players experiencing animation issues in Battlegrounds since the launch of the 16.6 patch. This is a result of a change to our Battlegrounds animation catch-up for low end devices. Before 16.6, we would skip animations when we detected FPS drops in Battlegrounds so players wouldn’t have their turn skipped; this worked well but was inconsistent with the amount of time players had back in the Shop phase. In 16.6, we changed this to be more consistent so that players would have a more normalized amount of time back in the shop. However, we’ve heard from many of you that the animation skips are affecting a larger number of players than we intended, which is something we’re planning to fix in the coming weeks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding while we get it sorted!

6 Likes

This is not the only issue since the patch was released.

Oh do tell? This is the main issue I noticed. Been unplayable for me. What other issues can I expect once I can play again?

Pretty much unplayable for me. Between the animation skips and the constant disconnects.
You can’t follow what’s happing during the match. Running galaxy note 10+ you’d think I’d have no issues at all.

Blizzard, could you please invest a bit more into Q&A? Like this issue could easily have been catched if you tested 16.6 on any up to date iOS device.

Testing is industry standard and should happen before you roll out the update.

To be honest, I’m disconnecting a lot less often so don’t fix it tooooo much lol.

there is nothing sorted … i cant even play the tutorial … terrible company …

well this issue has now been going on for a week I would have thought an update would have been added by now. Its like playing in fast motion. I have never experienced bad connection issues although it did seem to crash while downloading however most of the time it allowed me to finish the current game before restarting. I play on a motorola one

Is this fixed or still going on?

Just noticed this on my older iPad. Worked fine before this latest patch

during the combat phase, random enemies will die without being “struck” by an enemy; the player will start seeing a bunch of shots striking their minions as well as the enemy minions…this is happening on iPad and iMac

Did Blizzard fix this major bug (skipping animations and minions just dying)? I don’t want to play battleground until it’s fixed.