First time double legendary for me

Standard and Wild both in the same month, that is. Thought maybe there would be an achievement for that(?), but anyway.

Wild seems significantly easier to hit Legendary because the variety of decks makes it so you have a less chance of facing something that is a hard counter where not even skill/knowledge can save you.

I do have to say, I feel sorry for Wild players because they have to face the annoying Big Priest deck over and over and over.

Priest was a whopping 30% of my matchups. 30%? What the heck?

Half were Big Priest with Neptulon and the other half were Shadow Priest Highlander or whatever that deck is. I seriously don’t know why the deck is being played so much or why it’s so good? I never lost to it. Can someone shed some light on that deck? It doesn’t look like the old Machine gun Raza deck, so I have no idea how it even wins.

It’s this deck:
https://hsreplay.net/decks/lGWIpB0BiULW2Wy0y07Ryb/#rankRange=DIAMOND_THROUGH_LEGEND&gameType=RANKED_WILD
It seems like a really bad deck for wild.

Also, something I noticed is that every single Rogue player (16% of my games) that was running Pirate Rogue aggro all played EXTREMELY slow and they never conceded no matter what, even when it was obvious they could not win (I’m full health, they are at 6 health they have no board, I have a full board to kill them and they use hero power and hit my face and then play a small minion and end turn and wait for me)

I saw this happen 2 games in a row and I started to get suspicious. Most players concede or emote and concede…something. So after those 2 games I started paying attention. Without fail, every single Rogue playing pirate rogue did the same thing - extremely slow play, weird decisions, attacks with minions are all slow (hover…click…attack) and at the same interval and refusal to concede.

Because of this, I’m fairly convinced that these players are bots.

Then, I noticed a few Secret Mages doing the same thing. And only these two archetypes of decks played that way.

Those 2 decks are pretty much just auto-pilot anyway and doesn’t take much thought. I imagine that’s why those are the 2 decks that seemed to be controlled by bots.

If you play Wild, pay attention to the next Rogue Pirate player and tell me what you think.

12 Likes

Maybe an additional pack for an additional legend? But they don’t care about wild anyway.

Because it’s a hard counter to many types of decks, and at the same time easy to pilot. Although screwing big priest is quite easy.

Grats on your personal achievement.

Nope, here are the only 6 achievements for ranked play.

https://i.gyazo.com/385e21cc3241e245b3fac4a182e52477.jpg

Game mode - Ranked (the star as shown in the picture).

2 Likes

I got to Legend with it last month! Good thing I didn’t play against you.

I find most Priest players being those who constantly rope.

Reno 40

Class: Priest

Format: Wild

1x (0) Raise Dead

1x (1) Potion of Madness

1x (1) Psychic Conjurer

1x (1) Shadow Word: Devour

1x (1) Shadowcloth Needle

1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide

1x (2) Defias Leper

1x (2) Dirty Rat

1x (2) Insight

1x (2) Seance

1x (2) Shadow Visions

1x (2) Spirit Lash

1x (2) Thoughtsteal

1x (2) Zephrys the Great

1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard

1x (3) Cathedral of Atonement

1x (3) Curious Glimmerroot

1x (3) Devouring Plague

1x (3) Handmaiden

1x (3) Identity Theft

1x (3) Madame Lazul

1x (3) Prince Renathal

1x (3) Rustrot Viper

1x (3) Zola the Gorgon

1x (4) Blademaster Okani

1x (4) Hysteria

1x (4) Kazakus

1x (4) Shadow Word: Ruin

1x (5) Darkbishop Benedictus

1x (5) Loatheb

1x (5) Mass Hysteria

1x (5) Raza the Chained

1x (5) Theotar, the Mad Duke

1x (6) Reno Jackson

1x (7) Blackwater Behemoth

1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer

1x (7) Psychic Scream

1x (7) Soul Mirror

1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin

1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza

AAEBAaSrBCge+g6DuwK1uwLYuwLRwQLZwQLfxALwzwLo0AKQ0wKXhwPmiAPrmwP8owORsQPIvgPXzgP73wP44wOb6wOm7wP08QO79wPQ+QONgQS+nwTwnwSEowTlsATHsgSktgSotgSW1ASY1ASa1AS42QS43ASX7wSGgwUAAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

1 Like

Gz i used to play wild but not anymore i used to just jam my galakrond rogue bu i think the wild meta powerlevel is super strong now.

1 Like

Congrats hitting that milestone! A great moment to be celebrated indeed. I’m cracking a virtual beer for you now.

As for the wild. Big or res Priest is a disease in the format and there needs to be a cure! No…wait…a vaccine and a cure!
However too many wankers are spreading the disease like it’s herpes!

1 Like

You’re the one, Shy:)

1 Like

Congrats! Now you just gotta hit legend in classic for the trifecta.

Shy is the one who can do it. Best deckbuilder I know.

Classic is a joke nowadays with all the zoo bots rampaging the ladder.

And then we will call it the Shyfecta!

3 Likes

Just nerf the Neptulon and leave the big priest alone.

Neptulon is what makes big priest a top ladder deck.

You can’t do one without the other.

1 Like

it’s a fun, expensive, robust and interesting deck, unlike your poor, aggressive and bad decks.

insanity? there are many other legendaries for the great priest, don’t be blinded.

you must be a player who likes Neptulon be ashamed to consider yourself a human being.

He wouldn’t know. I’ve played him. The boy is an amateur at best.

2 Likes

I agree that it’s expensive, however, not more so than many other wild decks.
The fun part is subjective. It’s definitely straight forward and quite rote, requiring very little in critical thinking. For a skilled player like Shy, it’s probably zero fun. Highroll your shadow essence and cheese :cheese: out a win. Not particularly skillful.

1 Like

Shots fired!!! :joy:20 char

2 Likes

Grats.

IDK how you can stand wild. But.

Grats

2 Likes