Finders Keepers quest

I spent 1 hour and still have 0. Blizz should change this quest to smth players actually can do

1 Like

yeah, it is going to be an annoying bleeper.

Almost have to make a toxic deck, and hold opponents hostage just to cycle through your deck to get the treasures.

eta- or cheese it in friendly matches

I built a warrior wild deck. Its not a good deck for winning, but a lot of options to get Marin out quicker and make extra copies of Marin and/or the treasures. In wild, I am luckily still in bronze, so easier opponents. Did the quest in 2 games.
But you don’t really have to rush it. You have a whole week to do it.

1 Like

Or the devs could make the quest optional like the rest and not highlight how :poop: this new expansion really is. I mean there is that.

1 Like

Wut. Just play a ramp-mana deck. It’s probably much faster than a normal-mana deck trying to shuffle.

Building trash deck with random cards just to finish little quest based on unplayable card, not great.

1 Like

What I said is not a random deck. The deck can probably rank well in Standard. I removed Doomkins from ramp druid and 1 or 2 of the weaker cards; I used Zola and Projectionists; it’s probably BETTER than the default netdeck against fast opponents especially because Doomkins are now too expensive against fast opponents and the projectionists/zola can duplicate the ramping itself cheaply(the initial thought was Marin duplication obviously).

kekW xD

playing standard

You can play it in Wild. That’s what I do. I don’t want to do quests on Standard.

I just end up doing these against an alt account. One on the phone and one on the computer. I also do it for crappy Tavern Brawls where you need Wild cards for a decent chance to get that one win for the pack. But for this quest I’ll need to play 4 long games, waiting until I draw Marin AND all the treasure cards. It’s gonna be an annoying, tedious chore. Thumbs down on this Quest.

Could someone please do us all a favor and post the actual deck they used to complete this quest?

any deck with marin

warrior and rogue can tutor it

1 Like

Unfortunately I already deleted mine. But if it helps here the gist for the one that I used.
I used Harbor Scamp to get Marin out as soon as possible, as he was the only other Pirate. Dead Man’s Hand and Photographer Fizzle to make extra copies of Marin. Tidepool Pupil to get extra copies of the treasures. And then draw and armor to stay alive.
This was low level wild. It will not be good in higher ranks. But I did it in 2 games. 9 treasures in 1 game. Luck is also a factor.

1 Like

I think out of the 5 times I got Marin out, players conceded that turn 4 times.

Just play a ramp mana druid with projectionists and zola. It might actually be better than the Doomkins because they are extremely high cost against fast/aggro opponents (and if you don’t use the projectionists/zola on Marin: you can ramp mana faster by copying dragons).

Custom Druid

Class: Druid

Format: Wild

2x (1) Giftwrapped Whelp

2x (1) Malfurion’s Gift

2x (3) Celestial Projectionist

2x (3) New Heights

2x (3) Splish-Splash Whelp

2x (3) Swipe

2x (3) Take to the Skies

2x (3) Trogg Gemtosser

1x (3) Zola the Gorgon

2x (4) Chia Drake

2x (4) Desert Nestmatron

2x (5) Summer Flowerchild

1x (7) Marin the Manager

2x (7) Sleep Under the Stars

1x (9) Fye, the Setting Sun

1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed

1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000

1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000

1x (4) Twin Module

1x (5) Perfect Module

1x (10) Eonar, the Life-Binder

AAEBAZICBpbUBJ/zBamVBsGVBsekBrrBBgz93wXjgAa7lQbXnAbanAaioAbqqAbvqQaHsQbVugbzygb35QYAAQP1swbHpAb3swbHpAbo3gbHpAYAAA==

To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

1 Like

Just tried a Rogue Spectral Cutlass deck in Standard that I found online. That person’s deck had Marin in it, so I gave it a shot. Keep in mind, I’m an extremely casual player. So I don’t have all cards for every deck.

I replaced what I was missing with ones that I thought could help me push out Marin faster or delay the match.

For example, I put a couple of those taunt turtles that discover a taunt minion. To both delay hero damage and to possibly summon Taelon Fordring. I also put a Taelan Fordring into the deck. Taelan has a deathrattle that draws your highest cost minion. Which is why you’d have to remove Tess Greymane from the build I was following online.

Having Raiding Party helps, too. Especially if you make sure Marin is 1 of the two Pirates in your deck.

Also I didn’t want to overload the deck with “draw a card” type cards, since I was worried my hand would fill up too quickly and end up losing Marin on a natural draw.

This quest is just to annoying to do…but if I calculated right just with the dailies and the bg’s I play I should be able to get there without this quest. I will leave it the last and just try to do it with my friends if possible and I don’t hit the cap…Don’t even know why I want the packs cuz I don’t use them

Thank you. Much appreciated.

1 Like

it should be possible to do it with friends since it is not restricted to a game mode.
You should be able to easily do it with a friend by getting copies of Marin
You could also pick the golden kobold and have your friend play rogue and bounce the kobold back in your hand a dozen times

Won’t even attempt it, sufficient to say that the 5 minutes invested to ping people 35 times it’s just too much for my stomach to bare.