Feeling defeated

Ive been playing the game since launch. Primarily as a very casual player. I decided to push this month and actually attempt to go to legend in standard. I know there is still 2 days left but I got to rank 1 and 1 win away and lost all the way down to rank 5 again. since hitting as high as i did it seems i cant win more than 1 game at a time. so completly frustrated I want to uninstall the game. WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

Is it unsurprising that, for the first time since playing the game, you decided to go Legend and didn’t get it? Statistically, that’s just unlikely to happen.

So just try again next month. If you truly were 1 win away from Legend, then all it means is grinding a bit more, abuse whatever deck is going to be busted if you TRULY care about hitting legend, then just switch off to whatever you like after.

2 Likes

just the fact of playing as well as i have been and getting that close to not being able to win hardly at all and losing to the same decks i was winning against…as i said, extreamly frustrated.

1 Like

Yes, the game is working like that… happened me a few times too… I think the game is just blocking our first Legend to make us play more. I was D1 with 3 stars a few times already and then went back to D5 0 stars. The game is letting you get higher only a little bit everytime and then drop back for no reason. You need to play a lot for your first Legendary or need huge luck.

This is nonsense. “The game” doesn’t block you or inhibit you in any way. It doesn’t care.

I made Legend in my first month with the free deck I received on completing my apprenticeship.

4 Likes

One thing you have to remember is that HS is a HEAVILY RNG influenced game. There will be times that even when you play properly, even when you’re a turn from winning, that you can lose from something random. The most you can do is try to mitigate this but at the end of the day a dice roll isn’t something you can control. It can be super tilting to lose these games. I just log off when I find myself getting frustrated over these kinds of losses.

The second thing is sometimes your understanding on a matchup is based around your wins earlier on and as you get into higher brackets and legend, people have more nuanced knowledge of (1) card interactions and game mechanics (2) playing optimally. This second thing is pretty noticeable when you start seeing people opening better. It’s less about them opening better and more about better mulligans and better decklists than at lower ranks.

So yeah, you’ll lose more as you climb because the competition is better.

4 Likes

Whoop de do.

20 dont gaf

For all the paid commenters and trolls here: Yeah yeah yeah… right… bla bla bla… try to tell this to someone who will believe it. :slight_smile:

First of all: Relax. I understand your pain. It’s just stupid to be 1 game away from Legend and fall all the way back to Diamond 5. But like other people said: RNG is always a topic. You will lose a lot of games without making a big mistake, just because opponent got the better cards. This happens. Don’t focus on rank. Ranks doesn’t matter. Focus only on your game. Develop it. Make the best decisions and have fun. Ranks will come automatically with better game. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There is no such thing as skill here. It is lotto luck with the chance at combo attacks if it lines up right. Some decks have better chances than others. Currently the zug zug aggro decks have it; been king krushed so many times it’s become old hat. I keep wondering if I need to get my head checked as to why I keep buying the expansions, but hey can’t take it with you!

1 Like

Another conspiracy theory that isn’t true.

2 Likes

OK, then RNG is the real suspect combined with the insane unbalance.

Give a word of encouragement or some actual advice next time.

Guy comes here expressing his struggles about climbing, and first thing you do is berate him and name-call him?

Do better man, i get it … it is basically a slide thread but there is no reason for that.

4 Likes

I never spent a penny on HS but my climb to legend went smoothly this month, climbing to D2 3 stars withbrelative ease then winning 6 in a row to reach legend.

Bad metric and toxic attitude. Blizz doesn’t give the % of players in ranks anymore, but if the old system were any indication of how we might scale the new one, diamond 5+ used to be 0.5% of the total player base. Even if we adjust that by a deviation or two, that would mean that the current diamond 5+ would put players, skeptically, the top 2%.

If you think that you only know how to play the game being in the top 0.01% of players, you’re delusional, both from an ego standpoint and a statistical one.

I have months where I go on and off of legend depending on how much I’m liking the meta, the time I have invested, if I’m mad at Blizz, etc. Does that mean some months I understand the game and other months I don’t? That’s ridiculous tbh

2 Likes

I would have to say, uninstall the game. Seriously. You’re not having fun and each time you launch the game you die on the inside a little more.

You could… Try Diablo Immortal? There’s a number of single player games out there. Steam is a very good distribution platform.

Here’s a suggestion: Google “Twitch Oxygen not included”. Live gameplay feed for that game.

When did OP say they weren’t having fun? They said they were frustrated over their inability to hit legend and it seems like their winrate tapers off as they’re about to hit legend, which makes sense because a lot of competent players are gunning to get into legend by the end of the month and it’s when the ladder is most unpredictable.

2 Likes

So, uninstall I might do the same. I’m just tired of grinding like a Mom trying to pay her way through college

There’s a chance I had this comment pulled up for another post but ended up posting it here somehow some way or another. Apologies for the toxicity. Uncalled for on my part.

Best advice is take a break even for a few minutes or just a cold shower if you really want to make the push

Again, sorry for my garbo response

4 Likes

You have acknowledged you are a very casual player. Did you think it was supposed to be a cakewalk on your first try?